kluger 2010 facelift?

kochan

My face-lifted Kluger Grande AWD landed in Oz last Friday (24th Sept)but Toyota Australia are refusing to release it to my local dealer until the day of the official launch - the 7th October. Not much longer to wait now…

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My face-lifted Kluger Grande AWD landed in Oz last Friday (24th Sept)but Toyota Australia are refusing to release it to my local dealer until the day of the official launch - the 7th October. Not much longer to wait now…

My dealer told me the 8th is the wholesale date, and they'll have it a few days after that. I hate waiting. I'm so impatient.

My dealer told me the 8th is the wholesale date, and they'll have it a few days after that. I hate waiting. I'm so impatient.

Hey PhilG and Pugsly - what colours did you order? I'm looking at a new one in Dark Furnace (a new colour for Kluger but available on the Prado).

Hey PhilG and Pugsly - what colours did you order? I'm looking at a new one in Dark Furnace (a new colour for Kluger but available on the Prado).

Went with the boring graphite. :) The wife and I both like it. Let's see who can post a photo of their new kluger up first :)

Went with the boring graphite. :) The wife and I both like it. Let's see who can post a photo of their new kluger up first :)

I ordered black back in in August, but on Monday I changed to Graphite. Dealer said it will only delay delivery by a week or two & that I'll get an October plated car instead of an August originally. The boats must be full !

Edited by Blackjack

Guys,

I got the following update in addition to my chassis no from the dealer:

Cars have arrived in Australia and are currently sitting in Port Kembla, Wollongong and the launch date has been moved to 7 Oct from the 10 Oct advised earlier.

Nothing much in addition to what is already posted, but this is all I got till now.

Edited by Bluesalt

Hi Guys,

I've gone for black with biege leather, got anudge bar and side steps thrown in for free. Dealer says that car should be with them for the 7th, so with any luck may have it by the 8th.

I ordered in June and was hoping to have it in time for my Wife's birthday. Will miss this by a few days but should still be a great surprise and keep me in the good books for a while!

I don't normally go for the dealer rip-off up-sells but they offered me a service that gives unlimited touch-ups (including alloys) for a fixed price of $50 per call out for the first three years for an up front fee of $300. It's with one of those mobile services like Dent Dr, seems like a good way to get rid of all the shopping trolley dings...

Hi Guys,

I've gone for black with biege leather, got anudge bar and side steps thrown in for free. Dealer says that car should be with them for the 7th, so with any luck may have it by the 8th.

I ordered in June and was hoping to have it in time for my Wife's birthday. Will miss this by a few days but should still be a great surprise and keep me in the good books for a while!

I don't normally go for the dealer rip-off up-sells but they offered me a service that gives unlimited touch-ups (including alloys) for a fixed price of $50 per call out for the first three years for an up front fee of $300. It's with one of those mobile services like Dent Dr, seems like a good way to get rid of all the shopping trolley dings...

Out of interest what is the new car costing you all up?

Hi Guys,

Out of interest what is the new car costing you all up?

Rounded it down to an even 70,000 OTR. with business reg and a load of extras. That price was based on the previous model and they have honoured for the face-lift model.

I'm deciding on whether to get a run-out 2010 KX-R or the 2011.

From what I can tell, based on the Highlander, is that the 2011 has 7 seats standard (which I didn't want anyway) and those camry-style pop out headlights (I hope it doesn't get called 'the ugly' version and have a resale lower than the 2010)

Does anyone know if they are offering black/black colour? The highlander only seems to have tan and ash for the interior colours, I hope that doesn't translate to the Australian version, otherwise I will be scrambling for a remaining 2010.

Someone please tell me those headlights look good......

Edited by ColB

Hi guys,

I too have been watching this topic for a while. I can tell you that the boat has docked and I now have a vin and chasis number for my new Kluger so it won't be long now.

I put a deposit on mine about 6 weeks ago so it's really on the way now.

Hi Brooke483 - what state/city are you in?

We are in Sydney dealer in Homebush

Hi guys,

I too have been watching this topic for a while. I can tell you that the boat has docked and I now have a vin and chasis number for my new Kluger so it won't be long now.

I put a deposit on mine about 6 weeks ago so it's really on the way now.

Hi Brooke483 - what state/city are you in?

We are in Sydney. Dealer now says they will take delivery on the 10th and we can pick up on the 12th after extra's are added.

Hi Brooke483

I ordered my Grande 2 weeks ago from Homebush Bay Toyota dealer (phil Gilbert). I called the guy who sold me the car twice, he did not tell me much and said the price is not even out yet. But he said he will call me as soon as he receive any news.

This is frist time I buy a new year, don't know this is normal or not.

Hi Brooke483

I ordered my Grande 2 weeks ago from Homebush Bay Toyota dealer (phil Gilbert). I called the guy who sold me the car twice, he did not tell me much and said the price is not even out yet. But he said he will call me as soon as he receive any news.

Don't you just love dealers?! My one still hasn't called back with details or a price (over week and half!). Went to a fleet leasing company instead who got a firm price within an hour!!

Hi Brooke483

Don't you just love dealers?! My one still hasn't called back with details or a price (over week and half!). Went to a fleet leasing company instead who got a firm price within an hour!!

I was lucky enough to get a price within an hour as there was some type of state manager etc there at the time of my phone call. We got our new Grande with loads of extra's at the old price. I find it good to play one dealer off against the other.

Guys,

The latest update on toyota tracking website..Ready for transport...

Hi Bluesalt

Did you buy from the factory directly? How do we get the tracking number from the dealer?

Woo - I can finally see something on the tracking website.

"Being prepared for transport"

Build and Compliance date Sept 2010. :)

latest delivery date - 20th... I hope it's earlier than that.

Guys,

Hi Bluesalt

Did you buy from the factory directly? How do we get the tracking number from the dealer?

Hey Pugsley, what website do you use for tracking ?

Guys,

Hi Bluesalt

Hey Pugsley, what website do you use for tracking ?

https://webapps.toyota.com.au/apps/cwt/

You need the cosi and batch numbers to log in (you get them from your dealer).

Web tracking only works if the dealer has switched it on in the Toyota System (SAP) though, so if it doesn't work you would need to speak to them. It's accessed with the sales ID number (COSI #) and the batch number Toyota allocated to the vehicle.

Web tracking only works if the dealer has switched it on in the Toyota System (SAP) though, so if it doesn't work you would need to speak to them. It's accessed with the sales ID number (COSI #) and the batch number Toyota allocated to the vehicle.

Thanks Scud & Pugsly - I'll go hassle my dealer !

The waiting is killing me! Dealer expected to take delivery today and get it to me for the weekend. If they are just starting to ship today as Pugsly's research suggests that's just not going to happen.

Have called the dealer but still waiting for any news...

I was informed the official wholesale/release date for the facelift Kluger is October 8. This is in Victoria, so I'm not 100% sure if this varies from state to state if you're from outside Victoria. History tells me that if October 8 (Friday) is the release date it's only a 50% chance that your car will even arrive at the dealership Friday. I would expect Monday, then it needs to be prepared for delivery to you etc.

I've got my eye on an AWD Kluger 7 Seat KX-R to be released tomorrow, and boy would I love to be in it by the weekend but I just don't think it's going to happen!

Cheers,

Scud

I was informed the official wholesale/release date for the facelift Kluger is October 8. This is in Victoria, so I'm not 100% sure if this varies from state to state if you're from outside Victoria. History tells me that if October 8 (Friday) is the release date it's only a 50% chance that your car will even arrive at the dealership Friday. I would expect Monday, then it needs to be prepared for delivery to you etc.

I've got my eye on an AWD Kluger 7 Seat KX-R to be released tomorrow, and boy would I love to be in it by the weekend but I just don't think it's going to happen!

Cheers,

Scud

That matches what I've been told. I'm hoping to have my vehicle by this time next week. *crosses fingers*