kluger 2010 facelift?

kochan

I was informed the official wholesale/release date for the facelift Kluger is October 8. This is in Victoria, so I'm not 100% sure if this varies from state to state if you're from outside Victoria. History tells me that if October 8 (Friday) is the release date it's only a 50% chance that your car will even arrive at the dealership Friday. I would expect Monday, then it needs to be prepared for delivery to you etc.

I've got my eye on an AWD Kluger 7 Seat KX-R to be released tomorrow, and boy would I love to be in it by the weekend but I just don't think it's going to happen!

Cheers,

Scud

That matches what I've been told. I'm hoping to have my vehicle by this time next week. *crosses fingers*

Hi Guys has anyone got a confirmed price yet.. Has the pricing chnaged? At the moment i cant get a straight answer from anywhere?

Thanks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was informed the official wholesale/release date for the facelift Kluger is October 8. This is in Victoria, so I'm not 100% sure if this varies from state to state if you're from outside Victoria. History tells me that if October 8 (Friday) is the release date it's only a 50% chance that your car will even arrive at the dealership Friday. I would expect Monday, then it needs to be prepared for delivery to you etc.

I've got my eye on an AWD Kluger 7 Seat KX-R to be released tomorrow, and boy would I love to be in it by the weekend but I just don't think it's going to happen!

Cheers,

Scud

That matches what I've been told. I'm hoping to have my vehicle by this time next week. *crosses fingers*

Hi Guys has anyone got a confirmed price yet.. Has the pricing chnaged? At the moment i cant get a straight answer from anywhere?

Thanks

No official pricing released, more than likely will be released tomorrow.

If you're located in Victoria, drop me a message I can work out a price for you :)

Sorry, my post must have sounded like I wasn't certain.

It is most definitely being released 8th october.

Cheers

Cheers Scud, the email my dealer fwd from Toyota Australia said the 7th (he was trying to get the vehicle earlier as it was already sold and was a birthday present).

Looks like it will be next week then... :(

Cheers,

Scud

Thanks

No official pricing released, more than likely will be released tomorrow.

If you're located in Victoria, drop me a message I can work out a price for you :)

I negotiated an agreed fixed price for AWD Grande about 6 weeks ago. The dealer asked me not to post the price on forums, and as he has been good to me I will respect his wishes, suffice to say was lower that current retail, with some goodies thrown in.

I negotiated an agreed fixed price for AWD Grande about 6 weeks ago. The dealer asked me not to post the price on forums, and as he has been good to me I will respect his wishes, suffice to say was lower that current retail, with some goodies thrown in.

As did I (negotiated a fixed price). Unless you had it struck out, the paperwork you signed when ordering the car has a clause that covers the dealer for price rises and passing them on. The US Highlander had a price rise, which means potentially we will too. It's not to say that the dealer won't honour your agreement, but if the differential is too high, you might find them pointing you to that clause.

I'm hoping the dealers are good to their word.

I'd be surprised if the Kluger has much of a price rise. If you read the bulletin regarding the new Hilux that was released on the press room website yesterday you'd notice they mentioned Hiluxes revisions are not going to attract a price increase.

As you'd mostly be aware, Toyota's cars are generally dearer than their competitions vehicles. It wouldn't be too wise to keep increasing these prices if we are already border line not being competitive enough etc.

I could lock in a price, sure, but as you mentioned the contract you signed states clearly that if the price goes up the dealer is permitted to increase the price - unless of course you expressly had it noted in the additional conditions that "Regardless of any Toyota price increase, contract price agreed upon will not increase with facelift model." etc

As did I (negotiated a fixed price). Unless you had it struck out, the paperwork you signed when ordering the car has a clause that covers the dealer for price rises and passing them on. The US Highlander had a price rise, which means potentially we will too. It's not to say that the dealer won't honour your agreement, but if the differential is too high, you might find them pointing you to that clause.

I'm hoping the dealers are good to their word.

Yeah, I guess although I'd be surprised if it doesn't stick as we agreed they would wear any change in price and I've got an invoice that the finance company is getting ready to pay. I'll let you know if they don't honor it .... there will be a big noise :)

Yeah, I guess although I'd be surprised if it doesn't stick as we agreed they would wear any change in price and I've got an invoice that the finance company is getting ready to pay. I'll let you know if they don't honor it .... there will be a big noise :)

You've done well getting the invoice. My dealer won't release it until the release date.

And likewise if my deal is not honoured. There will be a hell of a racket here too.

They are probably trying to protect themselves. You should know tomorrow whether there will be a price increase.. Did you stipulate a get out clause if they try and increase the price on the contract?

They are probably trying to protect themselves. You should know tomorrow whether there will be a price increase.. Did you stipulate a get out clause if they try and increase the price on the contract?

Gentlemen's agreement. I believe the contract has a get out clause with a price rise.

Fair call. I wouldn't be trusting a gentlemans agreement when it comes to the car trade. You should really get everything in writing.. even from my side of the fence it works the same way. The back of the contract stipulates that the price may be increased if decided so by the manufacturer/distributor of the vehicle publishes a price change.

Basically, the contract stipulates that the dealership can notify you of the price change and you have 3 days to choose whether to opt out or not. If the 3 days pass, you're stuck with it.

Fair call. I wouldn't be trusting a gentlemans agreement when it comes to the car trade. You should really get everything in writing.. even from my side of the fence it works the same way. The back of the contract stipulates that the price may be increased if decided so by the manufacturer/distributor of the vehicle publishes a price change.

Basically, the contract stipulates that the dealership can notify you of the price change and you have 3 days to choose whether to opt out or not. If the 3 days pass, you're stuck with it.

For sure. I tried getting the price rise bit struck out, but no dice. The three day thing is what I recalled. If the price goes up and they try to pass it on, you may get a message for a quote.

Just been told that my car isn't scheduled to be delivered to the dealer until the 14th Oct!!

I've offered to go to Port K. and pick it up myself!!!!

Dealer is on the case to get it sooner but I'm not holding my breath....

Just been told that my car isn't scheduled to be delivered to the dealer until the 14th Oct!!

I've offered to go to Port K. and pick it up myself!!!!

Dealer is on the case to get it sooner but I'm not holding my breath....

G'luck Phil.

My stock controller has indicated that the earliest date we are receiving new Kluger's in Melbourne is the 13th October. Of course, Toyota's eta dates are not always 100% correct.

No news on the pricing front as yet.

There has been price changes. In some models, the price has decreased. In others it has increased.

ok.. You can't leave it there. More info please!

Whilst I'm happy to help with that, by no means do I wish to list the pricing of all Kluger models.

If you do want to know the RRP price of the Kluger, send me a message and I shall let you know.

Cheers

SCUD