kluger 2010 facelift?

kochan

thanks for all posting great help. any chance of pictures of new kx-s interior. ie dash and the seating? and of exterior if possible. sorry to be a pain.

order has been delayed again and have committed months ago wihtout seeing what new interior will look like.

thanks heaps

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only changes to the interior will be slightly different surrounds around the gear shift lever, different cd player and the 50:50 split in the very back seat. Otherwise it will be same same.

Angelina; the difference in the drive between the two is very noticable, however if you are just doing city driving I wouldn't say it would be much of a problem. The retail starting price for a Grande 2WD is $60,990 plus on road costs. I would say you'd get it on the road for somewhere between 63-65k. I can help with pricing if you are keen at some stage :-)

How about the fuel consumption difference? As I have mentioned, I will use it on normal roads most of the time or maybe all the time! Should I go for the 2WD or it is worth/better to have the 4WD? Thanks.

Angelina; the difference in the drive between the two is very noticable, however if you are just doing city driving I wouldn't say it would be much of a problem. The retail starting price for a Grande 2WD is $60,990 plus on road costs. I would say you'd get it on the road for somewhere between 63-65k. I can help with pricing if you are keen at some stage :-)

any idea on driveaway price for 2WD KX-S? thanks.

The only time there is a .5l difference is when you switch to the AWD Grande model.

Ive always wondered why Toyota quotes the 2wd/4wd kxr and kxs all at 11L/100km, but the grande awd is slightly higher at 11.6L/100km.

Surely the grande's small weight difference can't add little over half a litre, or are they quoting the wrong specs for the other awd'? It has them listed as official adr consumption figures though, so I would have thought they would be correct???

Edited by wilsact

The only time there is a .5l difference is when you switch to the AWD Grande model.

So tell me how this is so?

All 2WD models weigh 2630kg.

All AWD models weigh 2720kg

All models have the same engine.

Yet only the Grande AWD is stated to use 0.6l/100km more?

It looks like someone at Toyota has noticed the Lexus logo on the nudge bar...there is now no nudgebar for the Kluger on the website. Well done on grabing those images when you did Scud!

Can anyone confirm if the nudge bard has been 'facelifted' or was this just a mistake on teh website?

Today is the day that my car is due to arive at the dealer...fingers crossed.

It looks like someone at Toyota has noticed the Lexus logo on the nudge bar...there is now no nudgebar for the Kluger on the website. Well done on grabing those images when you did Scud!

Can anyone confirm if the nudge bard has been 'facelifted' or was this just a mistake on teh website?

G'luck Phil.

Mine was supposed to be there yesterday. Pick up Monday. I'll be calling the stock controller this morning as the tracking system shows it as not being delivered to the dealer yet.

Can someone pls confirm if middle seat in 2nd row is still half in size in this new facelift model? Thanks

Is it possible to get a kxs 2wd driveway under 50k ?

G'luck Phil.

Mine was supposed to be there yesterday. Pick up Monday. I'll be calling the stock controller this morning as the tracking system shows it as not being delivered to the dealer yet.

:( looks like it will be sometime early next week for me too - subject to the availability of the nudge bar and side steps. Should have by my wife's birthday next year at this rate...

So tell me how this is so?

All 2WD models weigh 2630kg.

All AWD models weigh 2720kg

All models have the same engine.

Yet only the Grande AWD is stated to use 0.6l/100km more?

I don't think they are that heavy!!! Thats getting into Landcruiser weights;)

The 2wd's are a little under 2 tonne (1930kg) with the same awd models a little over the 2 tonne mark adding around 90kg. The heaviest being the grande 7 seat awd is only around another 15kg heavier again (2035kg total from memory)

Still I see your point about fuel consumption between 2wd and awd. The official adr fuel consumption figure between the 2wd/awd and grande just dont add up???? I wonder why no one has taken Toyota Australia to task about this in the 3 years since launch? In saying that I'll happily wear 600ml extra of fuel per 100km's for the added benefits and resale awd gives.

Edited by wilsact

There's still not a lot of coverage in the general media about the new model (TMR, CarAdvice etc) which I find surprising.

I think they (Toyota) will release details from Sydney Motor Show tomorrow, but considering the cars are already arriving in the showrooms it seems a little late.

But nonetheless I'm looking forward to more photos and specs...

I've seen ads for the new model several times on tv so far

I'm with Happs.

No press release on the Toyota website

No mention by the Toyota AU Twitter account

No mention by the Toyota AU Facebook account

No print news articles/reviews yet.

The Kluger section of the Toyota AU website updated in a very piecemeal fashion.

Looks like a pretty soft launch. I guess there must be a lot of old stock around or marketing doesn't see it is a model worth making a fuss about.

Could be that the motorshow is the official launch, in which case the showrooms getting stock this week makes a lot of sense. Nothing worse than crowing about a vehicle than no one can get hold of.

Edited by Pugsly

All very low key compared to the Prado release earlier this year. I thought that Toyota would have done a factory runout sale on the curremt model like Subaru have been doing recently with the Forester in preparation for the new facelift model.

Strange that the website shows the new kluger model but without any fanfare or indication that it is actually a new model.

Could it be that the Kluger is such a popular vehicle that most of the current models have already been sold, and there is such a huge wait list that all sales over the last few months have been for the facelift model?

It's a face lift. You can't compare the Prado release which was a completely new car to a headlight refresh on a current generation car...

hi all,

i've just gone onto he Toyota website and saw that as part of the options available there is a rear seat entertainment package comprising of individual screens which seem to mount below the front seat headrests.

on reading the blurb that goes with the pictures it would appear that each screen works independantly of the other so i presume each screen has its own drive and the like.

I've called my local dealer to inquire but he was none the wiser, has anyone here made any inquires? Cost?

Thanks

hi all,

i've just gone onto he Toyota website and saw that as part of the options available there is a rear seat entertainment package comprising of individual screens which seem to mount below the front seat headrests.

on reading the blurb that goes with the pictures it would appear that each screen works independantly of the other so i presume each screen has its own drive and the like.

I've called my local dealer to inquire but he was none the wiser, has anyone here made any inquires? Cost?

Thanks

I saw those too.

I will bet that a pair of iPads is cheaper than what Toyota charge for a pair of those. :)