kluger 2010 facelift?

kochan

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The side skirts/bumper non-colour coding is a bit funny, I'm sure it will grow on me but it stands out like dogs balls on the Crystal Pearl one.

The front looks very American, but I think it will grow on me.

Better looking alloys than the last KXR...

Grande's new woodgrain is a lot better looking I reckon.

Overall a nice little face lift!

I don't have KX-S here, and I'm not sure if I'm getting one quickly.

Have you had a look at the Altitude? Or that matter, any other Toyota's? It will be the same 6CD including the colour screen and usb input that most other Toyotas have in them now (bar the base models.)

I don't have KX-S here, and I'm not sure if I'm getting one quickly.

Have you had a look at the Altitude? Or that matter, any other Toyota's? It will be the same 6CD including the colour screen and usb input that most other Toyotas have in them now (bar the base models.)

No, I haven't. S'ok. I'll wait for mine. Thanks.

Not long now...

72750.jpg

Toyota's Display Audio System

Display Audio System - Includes 6 in-Dash MP3/CD Changer & Radio with Bluetooth™## featuring Handsfree Communications & Audio Streaming, and is compatible with (optional) Rear View Camera and selected iPods®+, MP3 and USB devices.

This system looks as good as it sounds and sits seamlessly in your Toyota. Standout features include:

•4.3" TFT (Thin Film Transistor) Display: makes everything from music playlists to Bluetooth™## contacts so easy to read.

ENTERTAINMENT

•Six-stack CD Changer: Plays mp3s or WMA and comes with an Automatic Sound Level System, which adjusts the sound level and settings depending on speed, to ensure optimal audio output.

•Choice of Screen Colour Theme: You can choose from orange, blue or grey screen colour themes to give your iPod® playlists better projection. Facia colour and illumination will be dependant on your vehicle.

•USB Input: Lets you pick up music files from USB thumb drives.

•iPod® Connection via USB Input: Means you can operate your iPod® through the sound system's controls.

•Auxiliary Input Socket: You can also play mp3 players through your sound system.

COMMUNICATION

•Bluetooth™## Compatibility: You can store up to 100 contacts and project the incoming caller ID, thereby allowing you to screen your calls and only answer those you really want to.

•Incoming Call Alert: Automatically pauses the sound system, so you won’t miss the call or any of your music.

•Exceptional Range: The Bluetooth™## function will still operate perfectly, even if your mobile phone is in the boot.

OTHER CONVENIENT FEATURES

•Rear View Camera Compatibility: Makes for added safety should you opt for a Rear View Camera, available on selected models.

•If you're looking for the ultimate in sound combined with the ultimate fit for your Toyota, you can't go past Toyota’s Display Audio System.

Audio CD Brochure (PDF: 590KB - opens in new window)

+iPod® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.

View larger image

72750.jpg

Toyota's Display Audio System

Good stuff, looks reasonable. Thanks for that. :)

My car is still not at the dealer according to the tracking system. This is the hard part. The last few days.

I must be patient. :)

Hmm, given it's compatible with review camera I wonder if it will be hooked up, or the little screen above will be used instead.

Edited by Pugsly

Believe me, it's worth the wait once you get it.

I've just been given the Altitude as my new car for the next few months! I'm excited as all hell! Always wanted a Kluger!

I would like to thank all the contributors to this thread - I owe you all a beer!

Went to my local Toyota dealer on the weekend to buy a AWD Grande for my wife as a birthday present for delivery in Sept. Never thought to ask if there was a facelift in the pipeline and got my name put down for what would have been the very last Grande AWD in black with tan leather in the current look.

I can't tell you how p*$$ed off I would have been to pay 70k for an end on line model.

By chance I found this thread and called the dealer to change my order. So now I am waiting to have one of the first face-lifted Klugers in Sept.

Thanks again!

Did you get your facelift Kluger delivered? What are the changes? How much did you pay for it? I am on the waiting and my dealer says end of October....

I would like to thank all the contributors to this thread - I owe you all a beer!

Went to my local Toyota dealer on the weekend to buy a AWD Grande for my wife as a birthday present for delivery in Sept. Never thought to ask if there was a facelift in the pipeline and got my name put down for what would have been the very last Grande AWD in black with tan leather in the current look.

I can't tell you how p*$$ed off I would have been to pay 70k for an end on line model.

By chance I found this thread and called the dealer to change my order. So now I am waiting to have one of the first face-lifted Klugers in Sept.

Thanks again!

Did you get your facelift Kluger delivered? What are the changes? How much did you pay for it? I am on the waiting and my dealer says end of October....

Still waiting...looks like it should arrive on the 14th and will be able to pick it up on Sat. See Scud's post for the definitive list of features. Pricing looks like it may have dropped but only buy a few hundred bucks.

I am thinking of getting the Kluger Grande 2WD because I just use on normal roads. Is there a big difference in terms of power and fuel consumption from the AWD? How much approximately is the Grande 2WD? Thanks.

Edited by Angelina

Just checked the tracking system this morning. My Kluger is still showing as "Being prepared for transport" and now the latest estimated pickup date has shifted from the 20th to the 23rd. Not happy!

The pick up date is calculated as 5 days after the true dealer estimated arrival date. It's not based on anything else really, just to make the customer happy. So theoretically if it is being prepared for transport, it will arrive at the dealership within the next 24 hours and you should be in the car soon depending on what accessories you want!

Angelina; the difference in the drive between the two is very noticable, however if you are just doing city driving I wouldn't say it would be much of a problem. The retail starting price for a Grande 2WD is $60,990 plus on road costs. I would say you'd get it on the road for somewhere between 63-65k. I can help with pricing if you are keen at some stage :-)

The pick up date is calculated as 5 days after the true dealer estimated arrival date. It's not based on anything else really, just to make the customer happy. So theoretically if it is being prepared for transport, it will arrive at the dealership within the next 24 hours and you should be in the car soon depending on what accessories you want!

Except it's been in this status since I could see it in the tracking system from the 7th, and the initial date was the 20th. The dealership told me it'd take three days to prep (towbar etc) once they got it and I could have it Monday. If it's still with Patricks (or whoever does it nowdays) then it'd better get to the dealer no later than tomorrow morning otherwise I'm going to be an unhappy camper.

What annoys me more is that I ordered back at the start of July which I would have thought would be early enough to get one of the first vehicles, yet I see your dealership has already got vehicles. I know it's only a few days, but have I mentioned I'm impatient? :)

Edited by Pugsly

Except it's been in this status since I could see it in the tracking system from the 7th, and the initial date was the 20th. The dealership told me it'd take three days to prep (towbar etc) once they got it and I could have it Monday. If it's still with Patricks (or whoever does it nowdays) then it'd better get to the dealer no later than tomorrow morning otherwise I'm going to be an unhappy camper.

What annoys me more is that I ordered back at the start of July which I would have thought would be early enough to get one of the first vehicles, yet I see your dealership has already got vehicles. I know it's only a few days, but have I mentioned I'm impatient? :)

I agree - ordered min in June. You wouldn't think it was that hard to send the purchased vehicles out first.

BTW - what are people's thoughts on the facelifted nudge bar?? Shows off the new look front end better but would not be of much use on anything bigger than a large cat!

See your point but as silly as it sounds, they are probably delivering the cars which are easier to get out of the holding yard.

And to explain the waiting for transport bit, it's probably true, sitting at Altona or wherever for over a month given Toyota have been waiting for the release date etc.

The nudge bar is interesting.. it's very Lexus, if you look at the nudge bar you can get for the current RX series.