Camry range - help needed!

goo

Hi all

Can somebody help me by explaining the order (in terms of trim and features) for the range of 97-01 v6 camry wagons?? i know that the csi is the base model but i'm finding it pretty confusing working out which one to buy. and is the touring worth the extra dosh?

thanks in advance

CSi, CSX, Touring, Grande...

What the wagons came in? I couldn't tell you everything about them. There were different editions like the "Advantage" and the "Conquest" etc but yeah.

In my opinion, the Touring Series isn't worth it... it SHOULD come with Cruise Control, alloy rims, leather steering wheel and shifter, hopefully CD player etc... power windows too I believe.

I have a Touring Series Gen 3 and I believe for a Sedan, it's worth it... it's up to you if you think the added things are worth it.

CSi - being the base model hand manual windows, A/C and driver airbag. ABS may have been an option on later versions as well as passenger airbag.

Conquest - My parents have an 01 4cyl but the V6 had the same equipment. Dual airbags, ABS, power windows and cruise control. This is probably the one to go after!

CSX - Was between the Conquest and Vienta. I think it had climate control as well as the other Conquest equipment. 4cyl only so disregard them.

Touring - Same as Conquest but with CD player and leather steering wheel, handbrake handle and gearknob. Also had sports orientated suspension and rear roof spoiler. Early versions had 15 inch alloys, late ones 16 inch alloys. Very rare to find one and are usually expensive.

Vienta VXi - Very very rare pretty much same as Touring but with standard suspension and climate control.

Grande - Dont think a wagon was available.

I will try and answer this as best as I can.

There were specification differences between the four and six cylinder models and Series II in late 2000 saw the level of standard equipment improve significantly. The sedan was launched in August 1997, the wagon followed in early 1998. The Conquest four cylinder and wagon was released in April 1999 along with the Touring series sedan.

CSi 4 & V6:

Std: AM/FM Radio&Cassette, remote locking, immobiliser, split fold rear seat, power mirrors & manual windows.

Opt: Air conditioning, safety package (ABS, dual airbags).

*Sept 2000 update saw front automatic windows added. Jan 2001 saw air conditioning and driver airbag made standard.

Conquest 4 cyl:

Std: CSi standard features plus air conditioning, body coloured mirrors, driver airbag, front automatic windows & cruise control.

Opt: Safety package (ABS, passenger airbag).

*Sept 2000 update saw introduction of four automatic windows. I also believe ABS and passenger airbag was made standard sometime in 2001 on 4 cyl Conquest.

Conquest V6:

Std: Conquest 4 cyl standard features plus automatic transmission, ABS and passenger airbag.

*Sept 2000 update saw four automatic windows added as standard.

CSX 4 cyl:

Std: Conquest 4 cyl standard features plus alarm, climate control air conditioning, velour trim, body coloured grille, four automatic windows, six speaker stereo.

Opt: Safety package (ABS, passenger airbag).

*Sept 2000 update saw 15" alloys (ex Grande), rear headrests & body coloured door handles added as standard. Most likely in 2001 the safety package became standard.

Vienta VXi V6

Std: CSX standard features plus chrome inserts, 15" alloy wheels, body coloured door handles, chrome surround grille, dual airbags, ABS.

Opt: CD player

*Deleted in Sept 2000 given Vienta was replaced by Avalon. Touring series wagon replaced Vienta VXi. As mentioned, came with Conquest V6 standard features plus subtle bodykit, CD Player and sports suspension.

All above specs are for wagons, sedans may differ.

Edited by JMacca53