Quick question to all zze 122/3 owners

Hi guys, on last night's meet one of the guys brought to my attention that the window surround on my car (pre-facelift 04 corolla sportivo) should be normal plastic not actually painted.

=if you dont understand, im trying to describe the actual part of the car door that the windows slide up into, the metal frame around the window and also the centre pillar section.

Now on mine its painted to colour match the car (black car) but on the facelifts i saw last night theirs was still black plastic regardless of the colour of car. So i went home and looked at mums, (late 2007 zze122 corolla ascent sedan BASE model no extras) and her's is painted as well and the car is also black and we have owned the car from brand new, yet my mates 2004 corolla ascent sedan (once again BASE no extras) which is silver has the normal plastic, which is not painted to match the car.

I was curious if this was done on black model cars only and also what you guys have.

Thanks all

This is very confusing..

Do you mean on the outside (exterior) on the door's frame?

I haven't noticed any Corollas with that bit being plastic. Mine is painted black..

I think you need a pic to clarify things..

The highlighted bits in the pic are the parts that are colour coded on my car and my mums yet only black plastic (unsprayed) on the facelifts i saw at the meet and my mates silver corolla.

Thanks for all your replies guys, i dont feel sick thinking that it was in a big hit at one stage or anything.

Although it does make toyota look like poor bas*ards, unless black cars cost that little bit extra, i wouldn't know as i bought it second hand.

Thanks again