Sportivo Aircon noise?

Hey guys, lately it's been hot in Melbourne and I've been turning the aircon on quite a lot. Every now and then with the aircon on, I hear like a whirring/squealling noise coming from the engine bay. Sometimes it can get pretty loud but i think its got to do with the revs im currently on when it does happen. I was maybe getting it checked out becuz my uncle when he serviced it, said that the main belt is abit cracked. (The belt is original with 85k on the clock). Sound doesn't happen when the aircon is off.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

^_^

have a look at the AC pulley. If it is shiny the belt needs replacing as its probably slipping when the compressor is under load (hence the squeel). If it is a slipping belt the sound should be worse when under acceleration.

get a belt from toyota for $50

thanks i'll have a look first thing tomorrow... but is the belt the same belt that turns the alternator engine pulley etc.? its a 7 year old belt so maybe it needs changing regardless

thanks i'll have a look first thing tomorrow... but is the belt the same belt that turns the alternator engine pulley etc.? its a 7 year old belt so maybe it needs changing regardless

yeah mate it's the acc belt which does alternator, water pump, powersteering, aircon etc.

probably time for a change at 7 years old :)

yeah mate it's the acc belt which does alternator, water pump, powersteering, aircon etc.

probably time for a change at 7 years old :)

yup, my uncle said that its slightly cracked so its time for a change ;) but i was thinking of using an aftermarket one like bocsh or something cuz

1) toyota costs arm and a leg

2) aftermarket ones maybe the "better" alternative...

whats ur opinion?

cheers bro