Sketra's 1988 TT Soarer

sketra

My darling BF(boyfriend) got me my new project car for valentines/birthday.

Now may i present the rare RED! 1988 Toyota Soarer, Twin Turbo Automatic!

sor.jpg

sor1.jpg

oooh yummy engine (not running) needs rotor button.

sor4.jpg

BOOOOOST

sor3.jpg

And digital dash that you cant really see due to battery is dead. OOH and a HKS turbo Timer!

sor2.jpg

It is unlic as u can see but as i said, PROJECT car.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad, needs a bit of work but should turn out ok with a bit of blood sweat and tears...

Don't expect the engine to pin your ears back though, it's still only 2.0L and has less power than your V6 ES300, and probably heavier too.

Yeah well i got told that the power to weight ratio is off and it can lag? But saw if you do little mods here n there it should reduce it a bit. AAANYHOW, is there anyone who maybe able to help me with the rust? I havnt had to work with rust on my seca so i dont know the best way about it other then sand it all back then weld the holes... problem is no welder and welding is my phobia :(

Ill put photo's up of the rust spots and nasty dent once im on my normal computer not the laptop.

Ok here is a whole image of the car..

soarer.jpg

And the rust and dent um more some one scrape-age. :(

rust4.jpg

rust3.jpg

rust2.jpg

rust1.jpg

The worst

rust.jpg

There is also some rust on the inside of the B pillar on the drivers side.

Ok so i got into that rust and AH'OH!!! Boot might need replacing :( Considering that car has been sitting outside in rain, hail or shine she has held on well. Well yeah will keep ya guys posted.

Well i hope so too Rom, but i found out that the rear quarter has been damaged before and already has had bog work... so i'm not happy. Would anyone know if i could get away with not fixing that door and rear quarter but fix the rust spots to get her over the pits? The door still opens and the window still works so would the pits biartch about it

Well i hope so too Rom, but i found out that the rear quarter has been damaged before and already has had bog work... so i'm not happy. Would anyone know if i could get away with not fixing that door and rear quarter but fix the rust spots to get her over the pits? The door still opens and the window still works so would the pits biartch about it

You might just have to go to the wreckers and see if they have any panels of another soarer, as far as im aware i thought rust had to be cut out you couldnt just try bog it up? Nice project you got there but looks like $$ need to be spent, thought you were sick of spending on your corolla hehe

Yeah well i am sick of spending money on my rolla when it is just not worth it.... id rather spend it on the soarer cause that has potential, the seca dont.

I think you should just look for a replacement rear quarter, I wouldn't bother trying to fix that myself. The door looks like it could be fixed up ok though. Being a older car it shouldn't be too hard to find a couple at the wreckers... hopefully.