Sketra's 1988 TT Soarer

sketra

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey roddy, aah well i sent ya a PM about some *****.... but i dont think the soarer will be ready if i cant get this seca sold so i can fix the main ***** to get it over the pits. But yeah i havnt got the dizzy yet which is getting me more agitated as i want to know if this girl will run smooth.

GUYS MAJOR PROBLEM!!!! new dizzy and car wont crank over at all.... WTF??? Previous owner said it was running like not even 3 months ago so what in gods name is wrong, im stumped...

OMG im not that stupid, i put the dizzy in the EXACT!!! same spot as the old one was so i knew that if No.1 cil was not at TDC i would still be safe.... because i dont have the tools at the moment to move the cills.

Mate im not a mechanic i just not the minimal basics on engine work and thats it... if you want to find out the issue well the car is here, it aint going no where.

im saying this once and im sure it will be taken away. Your attitude is ****** , you say "cars here not going anywhere" even if i lived anywhere near you my left nut would have to drop off or hell'd freeze over before i helped you. IF you do NOT have the tools or the knowlege and you don;t want to pay someone to help you don;t **** play with cars... PLease PM me if you disagree.

"mate" please learn some respect.... my Mates get to call me "mate"

you on the other hand.....

I was givng you some advice... and asking you if you had done any of the Normal trouble shooting things any normal person would normally do if the car wouldnt start.

1... your car needs to spark... hence why i questioned you to recheck that you had infact installed the dizzy correctly.

2.... your car needs Fuel... if your fuel pump is fuxd there will be no fuel pressure. how do you check this? well how does the fuel get to the engine... the fuel lines. remove the line from the fuel rail (even you would have the skill for this) and crank the engine over, if theres fuel spewing everywhere then you have fuel pressure.

its pretty simple... and i fyou dont know what you are doing... and you expect people to just come over and fix things for you, you have a another thing coming... that is unless you can pay, or bata for somones services.

thats how these places (car forums) work.

• 3 weeks later...

THE SOARER LIVES!!!!! She should be started and running about tomorrow.... all it was, was a bloomin dirty start motor.... thanks to rhys and andrew and rod for helping me get this beast running. WOOOHOOOOOO sara's going to running about in a soarer!!!

im saying this once and im sure it will be taken away. Your attitude is ****** , you say "cars here not going anywhere" even if i lived anywhere near you my left nut would have to drop off or hell'd freeze over before i helped you. IF you do NOT have the tools or the knowlege and you don;t want to pay someone to help you don;t **** play with cars... PLease PM me if you disagree.

this.

aah... my bad... well i needa sell the seca first..

first get some rust killer and neutralize the rust, on bigger holes get some fiberglass fly-screen whack some fiberglass or whatever you wish to use to fill the holes (Autobarn and others will help you choose) smear this around the edges on the back of the hole to be fixed, push apiece of screen cut to an appropriate size into it making sure it sits slightly in from the surface to be repaired, when dry place fiberglass or whatever filler you are using shaped approximately to the panel and then work it back with files emery paper etc to the proper shape. That's what I did many years ago and it worked for me. Caution if the rust has weakened or is extensive on a stress panel it should be replaced or have something more substantial done to it for safety sake.

Edited by peregrine

Car should look nice, and sketra, u need to sought your sh*t out, you've ****** off way too many members on this forum. You are gunna run out of people to help at the rate you are going.

Trent, i have all the help i need. Now its not my fault everyone wishes to attack me.... yeah im bound to attack back because im sick of this stuff hey... if people wish to hate be go for there lives i dont run there life... its there choice if they wish to hate me, i aint done nothing wrong other then get a little cranky... so would you if you needed this car on the road soon.