Toyota Camry Touring V6

xTiGeRx

• 3 weeks later...

i say yes.

the sportivo roll aonly has a 1/4 mile time of 16.1, which is pretty wussy (my 26yr old celica is almost that fast, with a dead motor) and it weighs around 1400kgs.

The Camry weighs about the same, has a bucketload more torque and more power. They are also 5 speed.

I think i know where my money is............. my rolla.

i say yes.

the sportivo roll aonly has a 1/4 mile time of 16.1, which is pretty wussy (my 26yr old celica is almost that fast, with a dead motor) and it weighs around 1400kgs.

The Camry weighs about the same, has a bucketload more torque and more power. They are also 5 speed.

I think i know where my money is............. my rolla.

Yeah, coz you were there when they tested it over the q/m and your stopwatch said 16.1.

Nope... i took it from here:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...toy_corspor.htm

in particular the paragraph which reads:

Complete with double-cone synchromesh on the first-second change, a six-speed FWD manual transmission makes the most of the revvy 1.8-litre powerplant: Combined with the car's kerb weight of 1224kg, the Corolla will accelerate from 0-100km/h in 8.4 seconds and cover the standing 400 metres in 16.1 seconds.

My point is that if you read the article and look at the figures, they different to what toyota claims, both in weight and acceleration. The car weights less and is quicker to 100 than factory claim, and that would make the factory claim of 16.1 secs q/m pretty dodgy. Thats my assumption anyway, i could be wrong, and about dragging a V6 camry manual? who knows? havent dragged one yet.

• 1 year later...
um no they only have 141kw 279nm i think they weigh more than 1200kg, it could probablly keep with you if its a manual but a auto wouldnt have a hope

They weigh around 1420 - 1450kgs. MOTOR mag tested the manual Csi V6 in 7.75 secs to 100km/h & 15.7 for the 1/4 mile, but don't forget the CSi Base model has a lighter kerb weight around 1390kgs so it should go a little faster than the Touring. An auto version would lose about 1.5 secs to 100km/h & a 1 sec slower for the 1/4 mile, so get the manual version with low kms- you'll be glad you did cause it'll be faster than a Sportivo especially if there's a hill involved:lol: :lol:

My dad owns a V6 Camry Touring. really nice firm ride. good suspension and really easy to drive. loads of torque and when you punch it (after a slight delay due to the auto trans) it kicks you in the back.

However, with that said the sportivo will kill it and have it for brunch. it's not really a fair comparison since i'm comparing auto and manual. the stivo pulls for way longer than the touring. I drive both and I drive them hard so take it from me. No contest

My dad owns a V6 Camry Touring. really nice firm ride. good suspension and really easy to drive. loads of torque and when you punch it (after a slight delay due to the auto trans) it kicks you in the back.

However, with that said the sportivo will kill it and have it for brunch. it's not really a fair comparison since i'm comparing auto and manual. the stivo pulls for way longer than the touring. I drive both and I drive them hard so take it from me. No contest

Of course!! You rarely if ever get "instant" take-offs in an auto as in a manual. The Sportivo (dependant on driver ability) should be in front of the Auto Touring V6 as soon as the throttle is depressed & more so if good engine & transmission oil is used. Even better the Auto version of the Camry look alike Toyota Chaser Tourer V for $30000 will SLAUGHTER both cars in all facets of performance. Only an HSV or Standard WRX will keep up with it. :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i've G'tech my MCV20 conquest results were 1/4 16.0@140kmh i've raced a manual VDV10 and beat it..but not by much tho...raced my fair share of commodore VL's and VN's beat them also

Of course!! You rarely if ever get "instant" take-offs in an auto as in a manual. The Sportivo (dependant on driver ability) should be in front of the Auto Touring V6 as soon as the throttle is depressed & more so if good engine & transmission oil is used. Even better the Auto version of the Camry look alike Toyota Chaser Tourer V for $30000 will SLAUGHTER both cars in all facets of performance. Only an HSV or Standard WRX will keep up with it. :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 years later...

ive got a manual 96 touring and i surprise all my mates when they get in the car cause they never expect a so called "family sedan" to have so much power

i get some serious power out of it and it is full stock atm

those times sound about right.... i tested it out a while ago from the toll booth on the way to the gold coast... considerin 0-100km is completely legal there :D and without thrashin it and my mate timin me on his watch i got 9s 0-100km, so i expect if i floored it and had a more accurate timing ie better reaction time i could easily get in the 8's

matt

My auto '98 Camry Conquest with the same V6 put up a good fight but could never beat a s'tivo

is there any exhaust difference between the touring and the csi?

i know the specifications say 1997-2001 csi,conquest,advantage,grande max kw output 141kw and the equivallant es300 put out 149kw why was that? ecu / exhaust or just a lexus advantage over a detuned camry?

:blink:

My auto '98 Camry Conquest with the same V6 put up a good fight but could never beat a s'tivo

is there any exhaust difference between the touring and the csi?

i know the specifications say 1997-2001 csi,conquest,advantage,grande max kw output 141kw and the equivallant es300 put out 149kw why was that? ecu / exhaust or just a lexus advantage over a detuned camry?

:blink:

The lexus they use the VVT-i 1MZ-FE engine, producing 152kw, though they're heavier than the Camry since they have more gadgets. anyway....this going off topic so yeah.....