Fuel Efficiency of Camry.

Downunder

Hi, Could anyone give me an indication of the fuel consumption you are getting in your Camry (2009 / 2010 models) What is the average in city (I live in Melbourne) & in highway. Iam considering buying a Camry, this information would help. Thanks. :)

I have 2007 camry so i guess it still applies. I get around 500-600km out of my tank per week using the basica unleaded petrol from shell (nothing else). This is a combination of city and highway driving and me hitting redline about 1/3 of the time

You should specify how many litres as well for when you fill up, because when people say "per tank", it's not the true tank size in reference. It's usually 10-15 litres less (even more depending on fill point).

hybrid camry FTW!

6.0l/100km combined.

thats better than a yaris 1.5

just :P

As well, it has a nice engine note (as well as decent time) accelerating from 0-100. Just a bit odd with the CVT so you don't hear the conventional gear changes.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

I have 2007 camry so i guess it still applies.

Not quite. Combined fuel economy ADR 81/02 for yours is 9.9l/100km. July '09 onwards production (facelift) is lowered to 8.8l/100km.

• 3 weeks later...
Not quite. Combined fuel economy ADR 81/02 for yours is 9.9l/100km. July '09 onwards production (facelift) is lowered to 8.8l/100km.

The 9.9L/100klms figure for the pre-facelift Camry is the same as the Aurion , I wonder what real life figures owners have been getting and whether the relatively small saving in fuel is worth the loss in power and smoothness of the Aurion.

As for the facelift Camry from July '09 onwards with the 8.8L/100klms official figure , what real life figures have owners been getting.

It amazes me that in this day and age where so many things are controlled and regulated that "official" fuel consumption figures for cars are so far removed from real world figures.

In my 2007 camry sportivo on average when I fill up between 54 - 58 litres I get about 640kms to the tank, between 8.0 - 9.0 L/100. The last tank i filled up 58 litres and got 720kms cause we went down south, 5.8L/100!! the last half of the tank was peak driving too and stayed around 7.3 L/100 the last couple of hundred k's