Gear change issues

I have had problems changing gears at both low and high RPM pretty much from new. I had the Stivo serviced the other week and had the clutch adjusted as it was notchy. Since I've had the car back I can't feel any improvement, if fact it feels worse. Can any Sydney-siders who have had theres fixed suggest a good dealer to have my car serviced properly ? Thanks.

I have had problems changing gears at both low and high RPM pretty much from new. I had the Stivo serviced the other week and had the clutch adjusted as it was notchy. Since I've had the car back I can't feel any improvement, if fact it feels worse. Can any Sydney-siders who have had theres fixed suggest a good dealer to have my car serviced properly ? Thanks.

Sydney City Toyota ~~~ :) I had replying the same messages for a few times. :huh:

Nevermind, give ZeeRolla and Blue_Stivo a shout. I had talked about this with before. Haven't got any updates from them lately. Wanna see how they go with it, or if they still haven't contacted the Sydney City Toyota, maybe you guys can organise a Group FIX. :D :D :P

Edited by Cooley

I still haven't got around to booking mine in to get the clutch adjusted, I'm now planning to get my 40,000 km service done at Sydney City Toyota and ask them to fix all the issues that Wollongong won't touch. A group effort sounds like a good plan though. I'll let you guys know the date that I book in for and see if we can add any other names to the list to get fixes. :)

ok :( i talked to ali today from sydney city toyota,

he didn't appear to know what i was talking about with clutch master cylinder adjustments.

basically all he said was bring the car in and they would have a test drive, i'm worried they won't even fault the problem because its mainly in lift it happens, and if they even rev the car that hard they will say "its not under normal driving conditions"

can anybody give me the details of somebody i can talk to who knows the exact problem and fix for it or can even give me the details of the adjustment needed to the master cylinder so it can be done myself ?

cheers,

Andrew

bring it to western toyota in guildford

i do them on a day in day out basis.

i am not being biased or anything because i work there, we are a monitor dealership which in turn TMCA relies on these dealerships to mainly deal with a lot of the technical customer service complaints, therfore we touch a lot of warranty issues others will not.

i am not being biased or anything because i work there, we are a monitor dealership which in turn TMCA relies on these dealerships to mainly deal with a lot of the technical customer service complaints, therfore we touch a lot of warranty issues others will not.

Glad to see someone out there that we might be able to contact in the future about issues we are experianceing ;)

welcome to the forums :) (soz im a bit low on the uptake of new ppl.... :( )

ok  :(  i talked to ali today from sydney city toyota,

he didn't appear to know what i was talking about with clutch master cylinder adjustments.

basically all he said was bring the car in and they would have a test drive, i'm worried they won't even fault the problem because its mainly in lift it happens, and if they even rev the car that hard they will say "its not under normal driving conditions"

can anybody give me the details of somebody i can talk to who knows the exact problem and fix for it or can even give me the details of the adjustment needed to the master cylinder so it can be done myself ?

cheers,

Andrew

Well, Ali is the one who actually get my problems fixed~~ :blink:

I didn't specify the clutch master cylinder adjustment, I just told him what gear shift problem I have, and he said he will bring the car in and have a check for me.

Finally, he got the gear selector cable and knob replaced, clutch height adjusted , etc..... :rolleyes:

Im up for a group fix. Mine is just getting worse, mine will take a couple of days though because Woolongong have confirmed that this issue has shagged my synchros in second.

That's bad news man, and that's what i am worried about too with frequent crunching and gear sticking it can damage the synchros, not to mention break a teeth off the cog. And winter won't do it any favours since the gearoil takes heaps longer to warm up. :(

Are you getting them fixed under warranty by Wollongong? I have taken my car in for them to look at with Jenny's letter and everything and even got them to ring Shane at Nunawading Toyota to find out what he did to the other Stivos but they cannot adjust any further and mine still has the same issues from Day 1. It can only be the clutch and i will most probably be letting my local mechanic do the job of putting the clutch and flywheel in since they only charge $250-$300 labour compared to Toyota's $400-$500. They are all mechanics anyway and my local mechanic probably has more experience than some Toyota apprentice.

Btw, about 4 months ago Tory Toyota's Manager said he will get back to me after seeing Jenny's email and fix me up a date with the regional technical team but up till today no replies. :angry: Well i sort of expected it, they wouldn't like anything to do with it. I also brought my car to Stewart Toyota at Sutherland and also no improvement. So its not like i haven't tried!!!

Plus my stock clutch can probably go soon, so no point wasting my time with them.

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Thats good to know, especially for the guys in Sydney... :)

Can you advise us if there is a dealership in Queensland (Brisbane) that does this type of thing? A lot of us have started using Lexus of Brisbane for our servicing/warranty and they appear to be really good (and competitively priced too - with complimantary choccies :P )

There are quite a few dealers inBrisbane, and there has been some really bad experiences with them so it would be good to find one that everyone can latch onto to...

Cheers

Aaron :)

omg thank *** somebody who finally knows about the problem :D, rang western toyota this morning and they said yep they know all about it. cars booked in tuesday morning.

thanks for all your help guys

andrew

omg thank *** somebody who finally knows about the problem  :D, rang western toyota this morning and they said yep they know all about it. cars booked in tuesday morning.

andrew

Let us know how you go Andrew.

Z

omg thank *** somebody who finally knows about the problem  :D, rang western toyota this morning and they said yep they know all about it. cars booked in tuesday morning.

andrew

Let us know how you go Andrew.

Z

Yeah, cheers...

Let us know how it goes and how long it takes... Taking it into Sydney City Toyota I could easilly get a bus from Moore Park or Alexandria to the city for something to do, but out West...???? Where abouts is Western Toyota anyway???

Edited by Blue_Stivo

I've been telling you guys from the start to go to Western Toyota as I was probably the first to get the clutch adjusted. They know about the problem and fixed my issue ages ago.  :P  :D

Did u buy your car from them though bcos some dealerships won't touch our cars if we didn't buy from them since its a warranty issue.

I've been telling you guys from the start to go to Western Toyota as I was probably the first to get the clutch adjusted. They know about the problem and fixed my issue ages ago.   :P  :D

Did u buy your car from them though bcos some dealerships won't touch our cars if we didn't buy from them since its a warranty issue.

wtf?

I've been telling you guys from the start to go to Western Toyota as I was probably the first to get the clutch adjusted. They know about the problem and fixed my issue ages ago.   :P  :D

wtf?

Got told by either Sydney City or Western Toyota a while back when i tried to book car in. They just told me to bring it back to where i bought it.

Got told by either Sydney City or Western Toyota a while back when i tried to book car in. They just told me to bring it back to where i bought it.

I bought my car from Warren Toyota in Liverpool. I've had so many disputes with them trying to get things fixed. Simple things like changing gear selector cables takes for ever and numerous times of bringing it back coz they didn't do it properly not to mention stuffing it up or stuffing something else up. They have no idea how to fix anything!!! They are just hopeless!!! After trying to get things fixed one at a time I thought I would raise the issue with the crunching of gears when trying to shift at high revs. Had a fight with the d!ckhead customer service guy there telling me that it's ridiclous driving it past 6000RPM. "I'm abusing my car" he says. He basically told me to p!ss off.

I had enough of there poor service anyway so I took my car down to Western Toyota and in a few hours my clutch pedal was adjusted. They also knew about the issue and everything was sorted including my LCD climate control panel was replaced even though I didn;t even mention that it was faulty.

I wouldn;t go anywhere else. These guys really know what they are doing and look after you. I highly recommend that you service your car there. I;ve said it before and I'll say it again WESTERN TOYOTA ROCKS! ;)

WESTERN TOYOTA ROCKS! ;)

not as hard as lexus of brisbane :P

Edited by shaohaok

we do them regardless of where they are bought.

Hi westerntoyotatechnician,

Nice ride as i happened to bump into you on the way back form the cruise down south ;) ;) ;) ;)

With regards to the clutch fix this is what i found:

i spoke to Nelson to get my 40K service done + look at the clutch issue + gear selector cables and he advised me that he would not be looking at my car for the clutch issue because he has been advised by toyota (typical customer service from toyota....finally a place that is doing the right thing by customers and they quash it immediatly .... BAD FORM :angry::angry::angry:) to tell customers to go back to the dealership where they bought their car from and only as a last resort if the other dealership isnt prepared to fix it will he even book it in to be looked at for the clutch issue.

Also indicated to him that the good old selector cables rattles r back n got the whole come in n we will take it for a drive talk .... yada yada yada... Ive gone through this whole process with toyota before utter waste of time and money from my persepective especially with work on at the moment..... Maybe in my time off might get the guys to have a look.

cheers

Bill