Length of side skirt???

I'm looking at getting underglow LED's from my to come aurion........im looking at sizes....can anyone please help me with the length of the side skirts.

Thanks in advance :)

dont know if that mod would be legal, but the length of the sportivo side skirt wheel arch to wheel arch is 2 metres.

From what I heard around, Having underglow LEDs switched on on car is legal only when the car is in complete stationary. But when the car is in motion, you can't switch it on.

From what I heard around, Having underglow LEDs switched on on car is legal only when the car is in complete stationary. But when the car is in motion, you can't switch it on.

that was my thought too, same as those tube lights that were popular years ago.

Just to make sure thou, rather than trusting the majority of the forum here, it's better to find the actual document containing the info that that Mod is actually legal.

I was pulled over for having my fog lights on one night and took the opportunity to ask the cop about the legalities involved in having under car lighting. He said as long as you can't see the actual tubes you are fine as they are not a distraction when just a glow. They do have to be a colour that is not blue, red or white (emergency services colours), purple (QLD Transport) or orange (Warning and Hazard Lights). Other than those they can be anything and can be in use while driving. The cop also went as far as telling me ideal placement and how to get more glow out of them for a better look and recommended green for my cyber green Aurion. He seemed to know what he was talking about and was genuinely nice about it so I've ordered a set for s**ts and giggles. I'm pretty sure what he said is correct even if it only applies to QLD but then again I saw a fully marked police Aurion sporting 6000k HIDs. Who knows.

Who the heck uses undercar lighting these days for a non-show car? That stuff kind of went out the window together with all the other Fast and the Furious craze that occurred years ago.

It is what it is. It's a matter of personal preference. It may not be a popular choice, but it's still something that I wouldn't mind seeing. If I don't like it, I'll take it off. It's just one of those things I want to do. Sure it won't appeal to the masses, but there are a lot of mods out there that I can't stand the sight of. 20 inch wheels and the RStyle Lexus style grill for instance, yet I don't discourage people doing it. I'll give it a go, post some photos and see what happens from there.

Im pretty sure that it can't be used while driving. Hence why people been sayin, if I were to install it, it should connect to the door lights, so it only activates while the car is in stationary. IMO, this idea is pretty nice, just like when you need some sort of lighting when taking pictures. Instead, you get to see them in real. Our car isn't a show car, but with our mods, it's trying to stand out the crowd, hence part of 'showing'. :lol:

Who the heck uses undercar lighting these days for a non-show car? That stuff kind of went out the window together with all the other Fast and the Furious craze that occurred years ago.

I agree , it looks lame.

Or those blue LED's that some people put on their windscreen wiper jets ; the only real purpose they serve is to alert other drivers that an idiot is approaching.

• 4 weeks later...

So after the long wait I finally got this mod organised. I purchased an LED neon kit off of eBay for about $110 USD including shipping. I have yet to mount the front and rear so for now it's just the skirts. They are run directly from the battery with an inline fuse. The neons are screwed into the skirts and are not visible at all from the street. The wires have been run through the grommets on the inside of the skirts and under the carpet, over glove box and steering wheel each side and meet together for the control box which I have placed under my head unit. I have sacrificed the wireless capability of this unit as I have set the control box to always on and have installed a switch under my airconditioner controls on the blank plate. It may not be the smartest idea sacrificing the wireless remotes this came with, but I love lots of switches. Some photos below.

I know this isn't for everyone and I've had a mixed response to them, but I am quite surprised to say I am very pleased with the look and am keeping them where they are. Let me know what you think.

post-14069-127064252577_thumb.jpg

post-14069-127064293155_thumb.jpg

post-14069-127064336801_thumb.jpg

post-14069-127064340718_thumb.jpg

So after the long wait I finally got this mod organised. I purchased an LED neon kit off of eBay for about $110 USD including shipping. I have yet to mount the front and rear so for now it's just the skirts. They are run directly from the battery with an inline fuse. The neons are screwed into the skirts and are not visible at all from the street. The wires have been run through the grommets on the inside of the skirts and under the carpet, over glove box and steering wheel each side and meet together for the control box which I have placed under my head unit. I have sacrificed the wireless capability of this unit as I have set the control box to always on and have installed a switch under my airconditioner controls on the blank plate. It may not be the smartest idea sacrificing the wireless remotes this came with, but I love lots of switches. Some photos below.

I know this isn't for everyone and I've had a mixed response to them, but I am quite surprised to say I am very pleased with the look and am keeping them where they are. Let me know what you think.

post-14069-127064252577_thumb.jpg

post-14069-127064293155_thumb.jpg

post-14069-127064336801_thumb.jpg

post-14069-127064340718_thumb.jpg

Well done dude.. I always knew it'll turn out well. Althou, I have to say, it'll be better if the light is spread out to the entire car. From the pic, it seems that it only covers the mid section..