tyres for sportivo

I will conceed on the ku36 as you have them and rate them

the 595's are average, i read enough tyre tests to learn that

whitestivo

I run the 595 EVO's on the commo, they seem to be able to keep 500hp under control, dont belive everything you read.

I was also surprised at how well the Commo avoided wheelspin on a passenger run. Obviously Corey wasn't trying to break traction, but seemed to grip just fine.

Also, be careful with tyre 'reviews' they are very biased towards who is paying the most advertising space to them ;) I've seen some dodgy results in those tests and no longer look at them because of it.

KU36 are good, but they are no semi slick, just like the 595.

As for distance from the RE001 Dad has got 45,000 km from both of his sets. I haven't worn mine out yet (only done 20,000 km on them). Just make sure your individual (not cross) toe is set to zero.

nice, what pressure would u recommend? i currently run my fronts on 35psi and my rears on 34psi

nice, what pressure would u recommend? i currently run my fronts on 35psi and my rears on 34psi

I run 40 psi all round.

whoa, can u carry a moderate load on that without the tires popping SD? I would imagine its a daily like me as i go to work and do deliveries and stuff (fish n chip deliveries that is :P)

your tyres will not pop. 40psi is fine in any street tyre....it prolongs the life if it. can lead to it being a litlle slipery in the wet though :P

that's alright melbourne's dry most of the time. i would like the increased response :P

your tyres will not pop. 40psi is fine in any street tyre....it prolongs the life if it. can lead to it being a litlle slipery in the wet though :P

Contrary to popular opinion higher pressure actually gives more grip in the wet as it prevents the channels from narrowing as the tyre loads up :whistling:

Plus it reduces rolling resistance and improves fuel economy.

Tyres will have a max pressure on them somewhere, even then there is a factor of safety involved anyway.

i got 55,000km and 3 track day out of my RE001's and thats with toe-out and -1 camber on 38-42psi..

i got 55,000km without even hitting the min mark.. the only reason i changed was cause i was going for a road trip to sydney.. they prob would of lasted another 5,000..

as long as you look after you tyres and run the correct pressure for what ever you use them for, they'll last ages..

having said all that next tyres i'll be getting will not be RE001's..

had 2 set's time to try something new ;)

Contrary to popular opinion higher pressure actually gives more grip in the wet as it prevents the channels from narrowing as the tyre loads up :whistling:

Tyres will have a max pressure on them somewhere, even then there is a factor of safety involved anyway.

yeah i thought it was 40 psi and it says on the tyre if i;m correct...

maybe on RE001's :P not on KH15's :P

then run something better than KH15s :P

then run something better than KH15s :P

:o

i would but i don't care about the next owner fo the car :P so they can stick with sucky tyres!!!!!!!!!!!!

after research i have came up with this order of preference also depending on how tight i am on money

1. RE001'S

2. T1R'S

3. FEDERAL EVO'S

after research i have came up with this order of preference also depending on how tight i am on money

1. RE001'S

2. T1R'S

3. FEDERAL EVO'S

i'm guessing the re001's are the most expensive? i haven't looked at the others... but the yokohamas are liek 200 bucks each i'm like screw that. He recommended the re001s and he said he'd do it for me for 165ea...

btw SD, pumped up my tyres to 40psi, and like WOW, the handling is so much better and in lift feels faster too? even my wife thinks it handles better too (although abit stiff hehe) :D