Bluetooth Sync on Hybrid Camry

Kesawi

I'm driving a hybrid camry as a courtesy car while my vehicle is in for a service and I can't find the right menu to pair my mobile with the hands free through bluetooth. There's no manual in the car and I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I am a little disappointed with the vehicle as I haven't once seen anyone in a lycra jump suit doing back flips or shooting out of a cannon.

Edited by Kesawi

HAHAHA!

Sorry I dunno how to sort the Bluetooth thing out... I'm guessing you have to put the mobile or head unit into pairing mode I spose?

I would go and buy a Hybrid Camry TODAY if I had someone in lycra (preferably female) doin backflips down the road after me :P

HAHAHA!

Sorry I dunno how to sort the Bluetooth thing out... I'm guessing you have to put the mobile or head unit into pairing mode I spose?

I would go and buy a Hybrid Camry TODAY if I had someone in lycra (preferably female) doin backflips down the road after me :P

I couldn't quite work out how to put the head unit into pairing mode. Doesn't really matter now as I've handed the car back.

It was a strange experience driving the car as the engine keeps switching on and off all the time.

HAHAHA!

I couldn't quite work out how to put the head unit into pairing mode. Doesn't really matter now as I've handed the car back.

It was a strange experience driving the car as the engine keeps switching on and off all the time.

Next time, try pressing and holding one of the main buttons on the stereo, mine is the left one, settings will pop up then it's menu driven to bluetooth setup, easy as.

Make sure bluetooth is set on on your mobile. ;)

To the OP, why didn't you just ask the service department when they gave the loaner HC (Hybrid Camry) to you?

For future reference, just in case you need the loaner again;

For display audio units (non-nav), press tuning knob to access Settings then Others/Bluetooth/Telephone/Register Phone

For SatNav units, press Info-Tel then Telephone/Settings/Bluetooth/Register

To the OP, why didn't you just ask the service department when they gave the loaner HC (Hybrid Camry) to you?

For future reference, just in case you need the loaner again;

For display audio units (non-nav), press tuning knob to access Settings then Others/Bluetooth/Telephone/Register Phone

For SatNav units, press Info-Tel then Telephone/Settings/Bluetooth/Register

It wasn't either of the units above in the Hybrid Camry. There was no "Register Phone" option under any of the menus I could access. Will ask service department next time though.

It wasn't either of the units above in the Hybrid Camry. There was no "Register Phone" option under any of the menus I could access. Will ask service department next time though.

Sorry mate, don't want to be rude, but if you were driving a HC, then it would've had either of the units I mentioned above. The option is there, you just weren't looking hard enough.

That's unless the dealership would've fitted an aftermarket unit to it of somesort? Highly unlikely if they are demo'ing the vehicle and using it as a service loaner.

p.s. I should mention that you can only register a phone whilst the car is stopped (this applies to both units). It won't let you register a phone while the car is in motion.

Edited by pinzvidz

• 1 year later...

Trying to utilise existing post and not start a new topic seeing as it's all related to Bluetooth.

Can someone tell me if the none sat nav head unit in Camry Hybrid display Bluetooth metadata? IE. When I play music through Bluetooth, does it display album and song info like it does in iPod integration mode?

Trying to utilise existing post and not start a new topic seeing as it's all related to Bluetooth.

Can someone tell me if the none sat nav head unit in Camry Hybrid display Bluetooth metadata? IE. When I play music through Bluetooth, does it display album and song info like it does in iPod integration mode?

On my satnav head unit it doesn't support Bluetooth Stereo, I'll be surprised if the non-sat nav head unit do.

On my satnav head unit it doesn't support Bluetooth Stereo, I'll be surprised if the non-sat nav head unit do.

The non-sat nav version does stream BT audio :)

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of way of make the connection.

Press the green answer button on the bottom of the level 2 audio systems and the Bluetooth screen will appear. Using the numbers done the side of the screen press Connect or Pair Phone which i think is the top left button or NO1. ->(doing this from memory as I’ve done so many i don’t even look at the screen anymore i just hit buttons like second nature lol) -> Device Type -> Phone/Audio -> Car Mmedia Searching & once your phone has found the car unit select car Mmedia from your device list and put in the pin which defaults to “0000” and the phone will either do the rest for you or prompt you through the rest of the connection. Make sure you make the connection automatic or trusted so that the connection happens by itself automatically every time you jump in your car instead of it asking all the time. Hope this helps