Can you "chip" and SX6 and not wreck your warranty??

guys and girls, with the list of mods to my SX6 being finalised for a "week of modifying" I am turning my attention to the engine. With only 40000 on the clock, and a bit left on the warranty, I don't want to do anything major other than a chip and exhaust. So here in is my questions.

Can you chip it and not screw that warranty?? And if so does anyone know of who and what chip??

cheers

Mick

guys and girls, with the list of mods to my SX6 being finalised for a "week of modifying" I am turning my attention to the engine. With only 40000 on the clock, and a bit left on the warranty, I don't want to do anything major other than a chip and exhaust. So here in is my questions.

Can you chip it and not screw that warranty?? And if so does anyone know of who and what chip??

cheers

Mick

I'm not sure if any actual chips exist, but the general view is that the Aurion engine has already been very finely tuned to the extent of what the factory ECU can provide to the extent that any change in programing wouldn't yield much of a result at all.

However if you DID find a chip and install it, the only warranty concern I'd have is drivetrain related. If either the engine or gearbox failed, and they discovered an aftermarket chip in the ECU you can bet they'd use that to void your warranty.

The general view is that the Aurion engine has already been very finely tuned to the extent of what the factory ECU can provide to the extent that any change in programing wouldn't yield much of a result at all.

I don't agree with that at all. The 2GR-FE has a lot more in it than the Aurion applies.

Having said that, I wouldnt play with the ECU at this stage. Any performance yield wont be worth the hassles you will get with messing with the ECU.

The general view is that the Aurion engine has already been very finely tuned to the extent of what the factory ECU can provide to the extent that any change in programing wouldn't yield much of a result at all.

I don't agree with that at all. The 2GR-FE has a lot more in it than the Aurion applies.

Having said that, I wouldnt play with the ECU at this stage. Any performance yield wont be worth the hassles you will get with messing with the ECU.

Yes the engine definitely has more potential, but I believe this can only really be obtained through an aftermarket ECU rather than tinkering with the factory fare

Yes the engine definitely has more potential, but I believe this can only really be obtained through an aftermarket ECU rather than tinkering with the factory fare

Agreed. If you managed to find a chip (good luck with that by the way), it would still have to work together with the rest of the stock ECU, and I reckon there is only so much it can do.

Speaking of aftermarket ECU, where are you 'MartysAurion'? You are meant to have your Motec fitted by now.