Time for bigger injectors?

My first time at the track recently i set one of the thing on the PFC to monitor was INJ DUTY % and it peeked at 100%

Does this mean i should look at upgrading?

how big are the stock ones?

Is it a matter of bigger is better?

Cheers Dylan

what AFR is it running at 100%?

Could be running way too rich...

If you genuinely need bigger injectors, you could use some 525cc injectors from a ST215 3sgte, the beams 3sge injectors aren't much different from 2zz.

Edited by CHA54

I'm betting it was running too rich as well. The stock injectors are about 310cc/min which should be fine for anything NA on the 2zz provided the AFRs are realistic. My duty peaks at 85% and it could be leaned out a touch too.

Hilift

You have to come to a meet, I'm very keen to see this sportivo of yours. I'm about the only modded zze123 left in the group.

We can tag team ripping the aurions apart, sportivos on the flats, trd's in the hills.

whitestivo

Yeah mate. You should come to the meet. Would be good to have more members in the group. Plus I guess you being there can give Phil some extra hope that he needs. It's about all the poor car has left :lol:

Jokes, jokes.

I dont think I'll be able to come to a meet until September when i can drive on the roads again. But I'll be out at QLD Raceway next time the sprints are on. If anyone want to arange a meet there im keen as. Or even a night out at the drags?

My first time at the track recently i set one of the thing on the PFC to monitor was INJ DUTY % and it peeked at 100%

Does this mean i should look at upgrading?

not necessarily ..... as stated what is ur AFR doing while out on the track ? do u have it logged along with ur duty readings ? also how long did the injectors spend @ 100% duty ? ...... now u cant get any of these answered by simply using the monitor on the pfc ..... all the pfc monitor tells u is the max value reached so if u blipped 100% for like a second or 2 its a whole different kettle of fish vs if u hung around 100% for long periods of time ..... as i said the pfc monitor wont tell which of these 2 scenarios occured ...... u would need to get a data logit & i think then u could record some of these variables ..... would b a bit tricky to get proper afr readings into the data logit software i think because our version of pfc used the oem o2 sensor which is a narrow band sensor.... not sure if u could hook up an external wide band into the software ..... maybe give the guys in nz a call and see what they tell u .... unless jase do u know an alternative approach ?

http://www.fc-datalogit.co.nz/

Is it a matter of bigger is better?

its a waste to put something like 630cc injectors in an NA stivo and chances are it would b a pain to tune .... ive heard tuners always complaining about oversized injectors in cars that cause for cars not to run right ...... i wouldnt recommend it .... its obviously ideal to have a buffer but not ideal for a huge buffer to exist

with a datalogit box and a wideband o2 controller with 0-5V output, you can wire the controller output to one of the datalogit analogue inputs which then allows you to log the AFR along with everything else. It's one of the downfalls of the powerfc that you can't interface the wideband directly to the ECU for logging, and that the PFC doesn't have any onboard logging capability. Need a laptop or similar in the car with FC-Edit or Copilot etc running to log in realtime.

Finally a sportivo to take on at the track. What times you running on street tyres? I am the undisputed champion of 2zz's on street tyres round QR...

I hope secaboy does not see this thread...

whitestivo

Well then maybe you can teach me a thing or two. Best time was 111sec you? Will you be heading out again soon?

My best time in my sportivo was 1.05, street tyres, simple mods, my last time out I was in the low 1.06's, couldn't quite find that last little bit. I could help you a lot with simple mods to your car before you go down the path of high rpm chasing, will be a lot cheaper.

I have stuck a towbar on the sportivo and haven't been out since...if I know another sportivo on street tyres our there, reckon when i come back from the USA in July, could be up for another run (you hearing this 313!). I normally run the spare tyre in the car, so with the additional weight of the towbar, i'll take the spare and rear seat out now to be roughly equal and should not affect the balance too much.

whitestivo