My Clutch/Flywheel installation

so Zee the toms fly is 3.8kg right making it one of the lightest so far

have you had any troubles with it, people say its too light for everyday driving

also

with the exedy clutch

why exedy i never herd of this brand before

why not TRD clutch or toms clutch( if toms have a clutch)

what makes exedy better than those

cheers guys i posted this in a current topic but no response so thought i might bump and older one back to life

The Fidanza is the lightest at 3.4kg. As to driveability i noticed its better than stock. Some say when going up steep hills bcuz of our little torque you can lose speed or need to step on it more but i don't have that problem at all.

Exedy is a the most common and reputable brand when you talk clutches. Daikin makes Exedy clutches and most OEM clutches. TRD also uses their clutches but modifies it to their specs hence more expensive than say a Exedy HD clutch. You won't go wrong with Exedy. I also won't recommend you skimping on clutches, its something vital for the function of your car's mechanicals.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to buy your clutch and flywheel and installation was 385$ is that right??

I mean if thats the case ill go and buy one next week and have it installed i just want to know what the actual total price was for it all???

you are looking at around $350 for labour, $550 for a flywheel and bout $350-400 for the clutch so thats bout $1300 all up. on a side note the HD Exceedy clutch kit has a higher clamp pressure then the TRD one its only by 50kg's or so.

hmm ok sweet

will do a bit of shopping to see who can get me the clutch and fly in my area

would anyone recomemnd the fidenza fly over the toms souly for the lighter 400grams or is it like heaps more expensive and not reall worth it

cheers guys

yeah for sure thanks man thats much better than the 500 mark somone mentioned earlier haha

ive been speaking to zee

ill message screamin rolla as hes a bit closer so i can maybe get to a closer store

you can get a high clamp pressure plate that doesn't exert more force on the fork or pedal. It all depends on the fulcrum point for the fingers. That is why a lot of "heavy duty" aftermarket clutches have a lighter pedal feel than a stock clutch.

oh really haha

but our clutches are already TOO light for my liking

i as hoping the heavy duty clutch might actually put a little bit of weight behind it

You not driving your ute Justin!! :P Try out Honda's cluthes (eg. Type S), they are sooper light! I noticed with the ExedyHD kit it did feel abt the same as stock, and the pedal pressure is consistent throughout the pedal stroke.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not very good with cars but i do want to get rid of my 1-2 shifting problems.

i hear ppl say that buying a flywheel and clutch will solve the problem.

i'll be ordering the following parts from a TRD distributor in hong kong:

clutch cover

clutch disc

flywheel and bolts

is that all the parts i need?

thanx

i'm not very good with cars but i do want to get rid of my 1-2 shifting problems.

i hear ppl say that buying a flywheel and clutch will solve the problem.

i'll be ordering the following parts from a TRD distributor in hong kong:

clutch cover

clutch disc

flywheel and bolts

is that all the parts i need?

thanx

Go to Toyota and get them to do recall on adjusting the slave cylinder push rod on the clutch. Solves the shifting problem straight away.

yup

u might want to change your throwout bearing whilst u're at it. not really essential but onoe of those things u might as well do.

and while the gearbox is removed to put the clutch and Flywheel in, may as well open it up and chuck an LSD in there

yup

u might want to change your throwout bearing whilst u're at it. not really essential but onoe of those things u might as well do.

and while the gearbox is removed to put the clutch and Flywheel in, may as well open it up and chuck an LSD in there

and while the gearbox is open check your gears and synchros, if they are worn chuck in some super close ratio gears :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

haha if money wasn't a problem

but i am still thinking about getting an LSD

yup

and while the gearbox is open check your gears and synchros, if they are worn chuck in some super close ratio gears :P

actually that might be a top idea

put the LSD in whilst everything else is out fo the way

how much is it for an LSD

i know just the store to go to for this but rough prices will be appreciated

cheers

hmm

i was gonna keep it stock 5months ago hehe but now its turning into a street machine LOL

if i get it overseas its approx $900 with current currency exchange rates. this is for the TRD one.

could be other alternatives and cheaper too. but i haven't really done any research into this. in other words i'm clueless :P