Battery for keys

BanHien

Last night when turning off the engine, my Presara told me the battery for my key is too low. The car is nearly 3 yrs old and my other Toyota (Vienta Grande) is nearly 11 yrs old but the keys from the other car are still ok. I even use the keys of the Presara very little interms of pressing them.

My qutestion: how long the batteries inside the keys of the Presara normally last ?

BH

Edited by BanHien

The remote for the Presara is always active, as in it needs to send a signal out for you to enter and start the car. It depends on how often you use your vehicle, and even if you just leave the remote and never use it, it will still drain the battery, so it is a good idea to rotate the use of the two remotes you have, both of mine lasted for nearly 3 years.

You could get them replaced at Toyota for about $23 or you could go to Jaycar and replace them for $3.95. (this has been posted in another topic somewhere)

The battery is CR1632.

The Batteries should last around 3 or 4 years and as mentioned even though you may not use it that much it’s getting drained just to open/lock and start/stop the car.

I noticed an interesting fact the other day. The battery for the Aurion ZR/3500SL and Presara is $20.50(depending on your local dealer) and the battery out of the Corolla Ultima which is exactly the same CR1632 cost $5.50... :S difference being? The Aurion battery is sourced from Panasonic is Japan and the corolla's is sourced from Panasonic is Indonesia. SO even if the Japanese battery is a little bit better which is probably is you can still go through a couple of the Indonesia ones and still be in front. This might come in handy in the future!

Mine lasts around 30 months. It's no surprise for those who has the smart entry system. Just think of how it works and there's no surprise in there. It sounds reasonable.

The Batteries should last around 3 or 4 years and as mentioned even though you may not use it that much it’s getting drained just to open/lock and start/stop the car.

I noticed an interesting fact the other day. The battery for the Aurion ZR/3500SL and Presara is $20.50(depending on your local dealer) and the battery out of the Corolla Ultima which is exactly the same CR1632 cost $5.50... :S difference being? The Aurion battery is sourced from Panasonic is Japan and the corolla's is sourced from Panasonic is Indonesia. SO even if the Japanese battery is a little bit better which is probably is you can still go through a couple of the Indonesia ones and still be in front. This might come in handy in the future!

Indo FTW!

Why do they differentiate the batteries btw? Car Racism is in the air.. :lol: Jkz...

Thanks for the Info. I'll try askin for the Rolla batteries in my next visit, just for fun. :lol: :lol:

You could get them replaced at Toyota for about $23 or you could go to Jaycar and replace them for $3.95. (this has been posted in another topic somewhere)

The battery is CR1632.

Hi,

Thanks for the info - It looks like Jaycar is the way to go. I can not find the old thread which you mentioned above. I can open and shut a mainframe but don't know replacing a battery of a car key may lost the code or not.

BH

Last night when turning off the engine, my Presara told me the battery for my key is too low. The car is nearly 3 yrs old and my other Toyota (Vienta Grande) is nearly 11 yrs old but the keys from the other car are still ok. I even use the keys of the Presara very little interms of pressing them.

My qutestion: how long the batteries inside the keys of the Presara normally last ?

BH

My car is kind of for work. so majority of the time when i'm at the refinery i have to leave my key in the car (ZR6)

i had a remote battery life of 26months.