Turbocharging the 2GR-FE

I live in the U.S. and own a 2010 Toyota RAV4. You guys have the option of getting a supercharged Aurion. Since my RAV4 has the 3.5ltr V6 2GR-FE, what must I do to it to be able to install the supercharger on it that you guys have? My car has 10.8:1 compression ratio btw. Thanks for any advice!

To get this out of the way firstly, have you considered a turbo instead? Actually, I'll rephrase that. When you considered a turbo, did you have a word with Paul to see if he is willing to disclose information spoken about in this thread:

Turbo Camry Gen 6-6.5 V6 and Gen6 I4

I would imagine the end result of a turbo would be much more satisfying, plus it would give you a bit more control over things.. plus the addition of an intercooler.

If you did manage to get your hands on a TRD supercharger... or one that would fit in a similar fashion, these are the differences that I have noticed so far:

- additional idler pulley

- different intake manifold

- different VVT-i oil line (goes in the reverse direction)

- larger injectors

- different ECU (may possibly be substituted with a piggyback + normal 2GR-FE ECU)

- different vacuum and PCV hoses (which is irrelevant)

- transmission cooler (obviously not required to make the install possible)

Apart from that, everything on the outside appears to be the same. Engine internals are said to be the same as a normal Aurion, but without getting an answer from TRD themselves, then any minor differences inside are unknown.

different ECU

exhaust manifold = $200

exhaust pipe = $200

turbo = $1800

turbo lines = $200

intercooler = $300

intercooler piping = $200

fuel injectors = $500

fuel regulator = $300

fuel pump = $200

fuel filter = $50

clamps for everything = $50

transmission cooler

this would be just about everything you need to make your car turbo and they prices in australian.

this would be just about everything you need to make your car turbo and they prices in australian.

You're pretty interested mate in getting more power out of your car. Why don't you go down the path of turbocharging it instead of trying to get more out of it in it's N/A form? According to your figures, surely it would be more cost efficient.

Realistically though, if only it were that cheap. You'll be surprised at how much more it will cost. And that's doing it properly.

I made a 'terrible' mistake in my title of the thread. It was supposed to read 'Supercharging' NOT turbocharging. I think I had too many windows open when I did this thread originally as I was researching both. In a nutshell, I am just interested in applying the Aurion (Or TRD) supercharger to a 2GR-FE engine. Disregard the 'Turbocharging'. Actually, if I can get the thread title changed, that'll help not confused folks. I apologize.

Also, thanks for the replies and comments. I am currently having a tranny cooler installed at a shop and should be picking the car up tomorrow. As for the other stuff, that's what I'm interested in knowing what's needed. They do not seem too hard to obtain from what DKOR/Nasser is stating.

Unique, I have always enjoyed modifying cars that are said to be 'slow' or 'not able to perform'. My boring car keeps a very low profile but at the same time, I'd love to blow the doors off another vehicle performance wise. This thread is focused on the straight-line performance (0-60, 1/4 mile). Braking and suspension is for another post somewhere else. So, that's why I am asking. Some people understand this while others don't. It's all in good fun.

Edited by Myxalplyx