what colour?

Hi everyone I need some help. Want to buy a new 05 Sportivo but I cant make up my mind on which colour to pick. I already have a silver car so I dont want another one, like red but someone said red fades so that leaves me with either black or blue. Would like to know if anyone here has a pic of a blue Stivo i can look at.

Find that the colour range for the Sportivos is very limited, i looked at the south african toyota website and they have some great different colours. look forward to your coments.

check the garage link at the top, search for the different colours abe there you have it, all the pics you ever need :D

but I agree the colours out of South Africa are far better, especially the grey/graphite/whatever colour it is one

Hi everyone I need some help. Want to buy a new 05 Sportivo but I cant make up my mind on which colour to pick. I already have a silver car so I dont want another one, like red but someone said red fades so that leaves me with either black or blue. Would like to know if anyone here has a pic of a blue Stivo i can look at.

Find that the colour range for the Sportivos is very limited, i looked at the south african toyota website and they have some great different colours. look forward to your coments.

B L A C K

check the garage link at the top, search for the different colours abe there you have it, all the pics you ever need :D

but I agree the colours out of South Africa are far better, especially the grey/graphite/whatever colour it is one

Thanks Blue_Stivo saw the pics of yours, looks great is it easy to keep clean?

request a brochure from toyota.com.au they will send it to u within 3 days

then u can decide the colour

i have BLACK its alota work if u like it looking sleek unfortunately quite a few members here have black and havent washed it since they brought it home <_<

my suggestion get the optional sunroof and the colour steel blue omg so sexy the sunroof just tops it off in the effects. :lol:

i want one now......

ZAV - Let me know how you go finding tyres for 18's or 19's.

I've found that good quality tyres (no no name chinese or taiwanese crap) for 18's start from around $300-350 per skin. Thats for a 225/35/18. That perfrectly fits an 18x7.5 rim and stays close to original rolling diameter, thats will the correct load rating too.

I'd hate to think what tyres for 19's are worth.

This is why i might end up with only 17's (starting from $150 a tyre)

Anyways the subject here is colour.

Joefran,

If you want a colour that is easy to maintain then go for white or silver.

If you have the time and patience to be detailing 2-3 times a week then go for the black or blue.

If you really want to stand out for for the red.

I've had a dark blue, light blue, black and Burgundy cars. My girlfriend has silver.

This time around I chose white as I no longer have the time to be detailing every second day. (I cant stand the car being dirty).

Plus its different and looks very sharp in the Sportivo.

Theres some food for thought!

The Best colour is Black, but its the hardest to clean. To show you how much i like it, my first car was black, and i insisted my second car to be black too.......you just cant beat black. If you cant get black get red, they are nice and dont fade. Dont get a blue, its like a cheap black :P doesent look as good yet you can see the dirt just as bad. Get silver if you dont have time to wash your car, it doesent show and swirl marks, however im saving that colour for when im an old fart and drive a merc or something prestigious. White???? looks good with dark tint, but gets dirty quick, not many around for the corolla sportivo, but what looks crap is the mudflaps which are black, you need to paint them white. Bird**** looks bad on white.

ZAV - Let me know how you go finding tyres for 18's or 19's.

I've found that good quality tyres (no no name chinese or taiwanese crap) for 18's start from around $300-350 per skin. Thats for a 225/35/18. That perfrectly fits an 18x7.5 rim and stays close to original rolling diameter, thats will the correct load rating too.

I'd hate to think what tyres for 19's are worth.

This is why i might end up with only 17's (starting from $150 a tyre)

Theres some food for thought!

Do not get no name or retreads/recaps. I had 17s on my honda and after a couple of weeks they started to look small. So i would reccomend paying the extra money for atleast 18s. When you are buying wheels and tyres at the same time you can always bargain down, cuz they can make money on the wheels but then sell the tyres at cost so they still make money. If not move on to the next tyre joint and name your price. For 19s in a chrome finish with good brand tyres (say Falken if you dont care about load rating) about $2900 max and id say $2300 max for 18's. So dont look at tyre prices just try and get the best package price cuz there will be some1 willing to do business at your price.

Edited by ZAV

Do not get no name or retreads/recaps.  I had 17s on my honda and after a couple of weeks they started to look small.  So i would reccomend paying the extra money for atleast 18s.  When you are buying wheels and tyres at the same time you can always bargain down, cuz they can make money on the wheels but then sell the tyres at cost so they still make money.  If not move on to the next tyre joint and name your price.  For 19s in a chrome finish with good brand tyres (say Falken if you dont care about load rating)  about $2900 max and id say $2300 max for 18's.  So dont look at tyre prices just try and get the best package price cuz there will be some1 willing to do business at your price.

Thats true about the package price but you also have to be weary of what its going to cost you down the track when its time to buy new tyres.

Personally i'm more worried about how its going to ride with 18's and lowered moreso than the money