ZZE front windscreen wipers

I've noticed with my windscreen wipers (SA built) that the longer wiper is on the drivers side and shorter on the passenger side, with my friend's (JAP built) its the other way around.

The problem is my friend is not all that tall and when it rains the drivers wiper doesnt wipe that bottom corner leaving a larger area of water drops compared to my car, decreasing visibility. Is it common for the JAP built ZZEs to have the shorter wiper on the passenger side?

I'm thinking of swapping the wipers around so theres more coverage on the drivers side. But have no idea how to remove them exactly (i am able to remove the rear wiper easily, but tried to with the front ones but was lost. Anyone able to give me some instructions? :D

Thanks.

Removing the wipers is really easy, if you look at the wiper arm, it has a J shape on the end, in that J shape there is a little tab that you hold down, you then pull the wiper down towards the arm, not up, alot of people try to pull up but obviously the J is like a hook and they dont come off.

As far as I was aware the SA and Jap built toyotas have the same length wipers on each side, unless someones made a mistake in fitting them, the longer wiper should always be on the drivers side and the shorter on the passengers side.

Hope this helps a bit. B)

thanks for the instructions.

yeah on closer inspection after market ones were fitted and they installed them the wrong way around. (friend only bough the rolla recently).

geee, it woulda looked abit funny, and the wipers could have been WAYYYY off, its also possible that they could have hit the rubber on the sides of the windscreen???

aslong as we are on the topic of wipers

any1 had a prob where the wiper doesnt return all the way? like it stops just before its ment to? make sence?

i think i know what u mean... is it only on the passenger side? does it happen only when operating or when u stop working it? cuz mine sits not flat but abit on an angle... <_< if that makes sense LOL

geee, it woulda looked abit funny, and the wipers could have been WAYYYY off, its also possible that they could have hit the rubber on the sides of the windscreen???

lol. i didnt think it did hit the rubber sides of the windscreen, worked perfectly fine how it was, just that it didnt give a good coverage on the drivers side

aslong as we are on the topic of wipers

any1 had a prob where the wiper doesnt return all the way? like it stops just before its ment to? make sence?

i think i know what u mean... is it only on the passenger side? does it happen only when operating or when u stop working it? cuz mine sits not flat but abit on an angle... <_< if that makes sense LOL

yeh i think its normal for it to sit on an angle... on my prado both side straight- maybe just windscreen and wiper sizes?

It's also really easy to fix the wiper position if you find it has gone off where it used to, I believe it's just a 10mm bolt on the end of the arm, you loosen it and that will allow you to change the final angle.

It's also really easy to fix the wiper position if you find it has gone off where it used to, I believe it's just a 10mm bolt on the end of the arm, you loosen it and that will allow you to change the final angle.

no

it sits exactly whree i want it.. except when it returns sometimes it doesnt go all the way down, sits at an angle, gotta flick the thing again to go back to rest position.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring back an old threat!

Did some research on wipers for zze122 here, and don't want to create a new threat.

I think my car (zze122) is in need of a wiper change, do you guys get the genuine ones from Toyota? or any good aftermarket recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bring back an old threat!

Did some research on wipers for zze122 here, and don't want to create a new threat.

I think my car (zze122) is in need of a wiper change, do you guys get the genuine ones from Toyota? or any good aftermarket recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

I bought front after market wipers this arvo at Super Cheap Auto. Driver's side is at $16 and the passenger side is at $15. It's very easy to put them on. Still have to buy the back wiper tomorrow.