RDA Front Slotted

Came across this on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/COROLLA-ZZE-122-123-125-SPORTIVO-03-07-Frnt-Slot-Rotors-/220607154196?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335d360814

Any thoughts? Compared against DBA front slotted? How much do those rotors retail for anyway?

RDA use cheaper metal than the DBA Street series...

Don't bother taking it out to the track with a semi-aggressive pad, it'll die

What would be your some ideal combos between pads and rotors for the tracks, obviously not week in week out, but say a few times a year?

DBA > RDA. DBA's quality is muc better then RDA. supercheap here sell slotted DBA for 300 a pair. Why not go the normal ones, save some money for better pads...

RDA use cheaper metal than the DBA Street series...

Don't bother taking it out to the track with a semi-aggressive pad, it'll die

My RDAs seem to be holding up fine, but I guess you wouldn't call greenstuff an aggressive pad lol. Haven't had an issue with the rotors at all so far (15,000km)

I'm going off topic myself, but what good brake fluids are there? Gotta do my service this Friday and I want to change it.

I'm using a Penrite Sin something brake fluid, good for a 300ºC dry boiling point and cheaper than Motul.

As for your brake question, don't bother with the slots. Stock rotors and a front brake pad that is good to 600ºC will cover you for the odd trip to the track. The rears are fine with stock pads they don't get hot enough.

I'm going off topic myself, but what good brake fluids are there? Gotta do my service this Friday and I want to change it.

I'm using a Penrite Sin something brake fluid, good for a 300ºC dry boiling point and cheaper than Motul.

As for your brake question, don't bother with the slots. Stock rotors and a front brake pad that is good to 600ºC will cover you for the odd trip to the track. The rears are fine with stock pads they don't get hot enough.

You are right, the idea of nice looking slots behind wheels definitely appeals to me. :rolleyes:

How much of that Penrite Sin brake fluid do I need for a service? And roughly how much do they go for?

I'll go grab some...

How much of that Penrite Sin brake fluid do I need for a service? And roughly how much do they go for?

I'll go grab some...

Something like $16 per 500ml bottle. I've got no idea how much is needed for a full flush, but I just buy 2 to make sure the job is done.

Fluid-wise I am running AP Racing Dot 5.1. $22 per 500mL bottle, and you'll need two.

I went with DBA street series slotted rotors, because I love the way they look. And yes, I have them all round, because I love uniformity! The fronts will do 70-75% of the work, but I wanted the car to look the same on each corner.

Hawk pads all round too.

Adrian