Rear Brake Pads for Sportivo

I have to replace my rear brake pads on the Sportivo due to only 10% life left so naturally started shopping around.

The results :

Automasters - Supply and Fit inc Machining Rotors = $189

Toyota Geniune = $90

Burson Bendix = $88

Repco Bendix = $95

Fredo = $60

AutoPro Bendix = $90+ but didnt have listed so took a guess on the price

Cheapo Brand = $40

SuperCheap = Couldnt find any part listing

Autobarn = Couldnt find any part listing

TRD off Ebay = $40 Delivered Express post

Should I save myself the extra money by getting the TRD off Ebay even tough they are known to be dusty or should I bite the bullet and get the Bendix ?

Its really frustrating sourcing parts for the ZZE123 as most things are only listed for the ZZ122 and as most know there is a high chance they use different parts in some cases.

Front pads are just about new but god knows if they are rubbish or quality as they were on the car when i got it.

I was planning to change the pads asap so members opinions will be higly valued.

Same rear pads as the zze122 (and zzt231 wink.gif)

Just go with OEM, work perfectly fine on the rear and are cheap.

At $40 for the 'TRD' I question how genuine they are.

Perfect SD .

Was expecting advice from you and would have been disappointed if you didnt reply to post.biggrin.gif

I'm certain i can get better prices now that i know they are the same used in ZZ122 (lot more choices) plus have a buddy at Autobarn who always looks after me.

Brand new pads tomorrow baby ! yahoo.gif

Thanks again SD .

the trd ones on ebay have been good to me (i only chucked on the fronts and they stop quite well, little or no noise) i'm going to throw on the rears next week and machine the rears as well and see how it goes...

i questioned them as SD said as well but u just never know until u try them out...

but they havent dissapointed me yet :P

hope this helps

I always use genuine pads, find them to have minimal dust, don't chew out the discs and never get noisy squeals...

I wouldnt mind using genuine pads but at $90 i have to think twice ...

I might as well invest that money in Performance pads like Bendix ..

If the Price was $40-50 i would slap genuine pads on anyday but i refuse to hand that much money to Toyota knowing it probably cost half of that to get the pad made and put on the shelf.wink.gif

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

I always use genuine pads, find them to have minimal dust, don't chew out the discs and never get noisy squeals...

If the Price was $40-50 i would slap genuine pads on anyday but i refuse to hand that much money to Toyota knowing it probably cost half of that to get the pad made and put on the shelf.wink.gif

What people are saying here is that the rears don't do much stopping on the rear so why bother with performance pads when they don't generate much heat. Even when tracking most people are still running street pads on the rear.

What people are saying here is that the rears don't do much stopping on the rear so why bother with performance pads when they don't generate much heat. Even when tracking most people are still running street pads on the rear.

I know what ppl are saying but my arguement wasnt putting performance pads on the rear .

What i was saying is if i had to pay $90 for pads i might as well get Bendix as Toyota genuine pads are over priced.

I also know the brake ratio favours the fronts hence i dont require top grade pads at the rears but if want to avoid the cheap and nasty the next option is either genuine or Bendix.

I wasnt in search of perfomance rear brake pads , the price of genuine made me consider other options.

Ended up getting the Bendix DB1429 from Autobarn for $69

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

just dropping my 2c worth ;)

on the rear i had the genuine pads on my car for about 4-5 yrs before they needed to be replaced ..... i then got a pair of the trd's and they didnt last longer than 18mths ...... im actually now running a bendix setup cant remember which series it was but it wasnt their oem replacements one of their performance lines so ill see how long that lasts ..... i was going to go with the oem setup but the guys didnt have any in stock so had to go for an alternative. Until i see how well these bendix's go i'd be sticking with the oem gear.

although the rears dont do a lot of work dont forget the brakes are whats going to save u in the event of an incident so dont go tight on something to save ur life ;)

on the rear i had the genuine pads on my car for about 4-5 yrs before they needed to be replaced ..... i then got a pair of the trd's and they didnt last longer than 18mths ...... im actually now running a bendix setup cant remember which series it was but it wasnt their oem replacements one of their performance lines so ill see how long that lasts ..... i was going to go with the oem setup but the guys didnt have any in stock so had to go for an alternative. Until i see how well these bendix's go i'd be sticking with the oem gear.

although the rears dont do a lot of work dont forget the brakes are whats going to save u in the event of an incident so dont go tight on something to save ur life ;)

farrr 18 months til ur rears die... i can imagine how many u go thru with the fronts before changing the rears???? :P :P :P

farrr 18 months til ur rears die... i can imagine how many u go thru with the fronts before changing the rears???? :P :P :P

I got over 200000 ks on my 2000 corolla before changing my pads.

Just an update

Installed the rear pads today , was easier than i thought thanks to SuperDave's guide he posted.

So the Bendix were $69 from Autobarn and 1 hr in labour , saved my self atleast $100 with the DIY.

For those who might need the Bendix part number : DB1429 (also thanks to info from SD that they share the pads with the celica)

Sounds like the TRDs are the way to go then.

If they are wearing, that means they are working ;)

If they wear too slow you have too much front bias...

my 2 cents ;)