Rear speaker problem

I was swapping my rear speaker with my MB quarts i took out from my old camry. I was testing to see if the speakers would fit and when testing the 2 bars in the back pushed the speaker up.

For everyone who changed their speakers how did you manage to fit yours speakers in?

I was swapping my rear speaker with my MB quarts i took out from my old camry. I was testing to see if the speakers would fit and when testing the 2 bars in the back pushed the speaker up.

For everyone who changed their speakers how did you manage to fit yours speakers in?

You can get spacer rings from any decent (or not decent) parts (Supercrap/Repco etc) or car audio shop

You do have to be careful of the depth on the rear speakers in the Aurion,i think from memory you can only go about 90mm max depth before it comes in contact with the boot springs,so as Hiro said maybe some spacers are in order.

i remember when i was buying my audio i had to make sure of depths on both front & rear speakers,most manufactures will have a spec sheet with the depths of each speaker they make so maybe do a search on your MB's,good luck mate. :)

I have changed all the speakers in my car to Polk Audio DB691 speakers. They have a mounting depth of 81mm. The way I have fitted these speakers was to mount them on 24mm MDF board at the rear and bolting back into the original mounts. I have plenty of room between the speakers and the boot springs. I doubt this method would work with the parcelshelf in place. If you want to go this way, I'd suggest following my guide at Vibration Free Parcelshelf. This makes all the audio work back there far easier, it also gives far more clarity and volume with a sub if you are using one.

I am now running a complete sound system and can tell you that it will go painfully loud before any vibration or distortion.