Shock Absorbers?

hey guys,

On my sportivo when i go over a bump, the front right driver side always makes a knocking noise.

I took it to my toyota dealer and asked aobut it, they told me that it could possibly be the shock absorber being broken and was told that

it would cost me $800 to fix it.

I was wondering if there is an alternative way to fix it or replace it not costing as much?

Also would getting coilovers fix the problem?

Cheers.

Take it to some other suspension place or perhaps a tyre place who do that sort of work (Lowering etc) and ask for their opinion.

At the most a pair of shocks would be around $300 so $800 is way too expensive...

Maybe take it to Ultratune or Even Midas and ask for a free assesment but dont tell them what Toyota suggested . Let them diagnose the fault and see if they say the same as Toyota.

I didnt have a happy encounter with Pedders (at Campbelltown nsw) otherwise that could be an option too ....(a Pedders shop)

dont use toyota as your first or last option.. unless covered by warranty. research around, it'll be cheaper. throw in a 6pack or slab for the boys.. you'll be surprised

it would cost me $800 to fix it.

I was wondering if there is an alternative way to fix it or replace it not costing as much?

Also would getting coilovers fix the problem?

What a rip! Which toyota dealer/service centre was this at?

If your in melb, suspension city in north melb sells a set of 4 KYB Excel G for $700!!! You may as well buy lowered springs to compliment the stiffer KYB shocks.

Coilovers allows you to adjust ride height and damper settings (soft/hard) closer to your requirements.

Replacing the shocks will fix the problem and either of the above options will do the job. All depends on how much your willing to spend.