Nitrous

I tried searching but could not find any information. Are there any N/A Aurions running nitrous? What kit are you using and how much of a hp shot are you using? I personally do not want to go over a 75hp shot, hence my questions. My goal is to get my vehicle to reach the high 12 second in the 1/4 mile but as conservatively as possible.

BTW: I'm ok with using either a wet or dry setup. I just never had nitrous installed on a vehicle with as high a compression as ours. Just want to be careful and instead of 're-inventing the wheel', do what someone else may have already done here.

Thanks for any input!

I tried searching but could not find any information. Are there any N/A Aurions running nitrous? What kit are you using and how much of a hp shot are you using? I personally do not want to go over a 75hp shot, hence my questions. My goal is to get my vehicle to reach the high 12 second in the 1/4 mile but as conservatively as possible.

BTW: I'm ok with using either a wet or dry setup. I just never had nitrous installed on a vehicle with as high a compression as ours. Just want to be careful and instead of 're-inventing the wheel', do what someone else may have already done here.

Thanks for any input!

You can put nitrous on anything as long as the fuel supply/air ratio is correct. Talk to a rep tuning firm.

That is where i foresee the problem, the engine has been very much untouched and unmodified. I dont know of any tuning device available that has been tried and tested and worked with the 2GR, not saying it won't work, but won't be as simple as some vehicles and NOS is some dangerous sh*t...

NOS isn't a big thing over here in Australia. About the only talk that really happens involving NOS is when people bring up 'The Fast and The Furious'.

Good luck on your endeavour though.

Unless you're after a good 1/4 mile time, I wouldn't bother. You will get absolutely raped if you're ever caught with it on the street.

In my own humble opinion, unless you hit the strip very often it is not worth the effort in getting a system hooked up. The extra difficult lies in the engine management of the Aurion - as nobody as cracked the ECU yet, you're only realistic option for pursuing Nitrous Oxide is to go for an aftermarket ECU and a custom tune. Otherwise you're asking for trouble, however knowing the stock ECU if you pump some NOS through the intake, I reckon it's likely to chuck a bazillion error codes and simply shut down.

Just out of curiosity, why the interest in NOS anyway? Aside from top fuel dragsters, NOS really isn't a big thing here in Australia (just as DJKOR has already said)

Just out of curiosity, why the interest in NOS anyway? Aside from top fuel dragsters, NOS really isn't a big thing here in Australia (just as DJKOR has already said)

Thanks for the replies! I did not know what that car culture is/was like over there and if people used nitrous. I drag race a LOT. Been getting back into bracket drag racing over here this year. Since we don't get the supercharger option over here, I have been looking non-stop for other options for that extra boost. I have not had any bad experiences with nitrous....yet. If one of you guys had already did it over there, I'd just follow your foot steps instead of starting from scratch. What I mean is the type of system used, how big of a hp shot used, etc. So I appreciate the replies.

Fortunately, since I have posted this thread originally, I ran into another thread at Toyotanation about a guy who turbocharged his 2GR-FE. The cost ain't cheap though. I will be meeting up with him at one of the events I'll be racing at called Hot Import Nights at Englishtown Raceway. I think he's entering a car show but at least I can get a first hand look at the turbo kit itself. I only want to run 5psi to be conservative. He gave me the number to the shop that did his kit and I plan on riding down to them on one of my next days off. All of this to say that the nitrous is on hold for now. DJKOR has probably already read the thread about it. The guy is keeping some stuff underwraps about some details of the kit so I have to respect his wishes. If this is a viable option, I'm going to get the money for it somehow. Again, thanks for the replies.

2GR-FE Turbo

DSCN2272.jpg

You know what seems even more interesting about this is that it could be applied to a supercharged Aurion as well. Twin charger of sorts. Would be nuts! Hehe!

Edited by Myxalplyx