fastest 4 cylinder N/A engine / car

zentari

fastest 4 cylinder, what are peoples thoughts ?????????????????????????????????

Engine wise, many say it is the Suzuki hayabusa; iknow its a bike engine but it is a really fast four.

S2000: F22C1 or F20C

Porsche 3.0 L four in 944 S2 and 968

largest 4 cly :General Motors' Vortec 2900 in the GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado small pickup trucks

Do you mean fastest 0-100? 0-400m? 0-1000m? Highest top speed?

You're very ambiguous in your question, and then in response you list the largest which is entirely in 2+ tonne Yank-tank trucks and the second-largest which was in a middle-of-the-range Porsche.

I rate the K20 as a better engine than the F20C, which is better than the F22C. In terms of modifications anyway.

Also depends on if you are looking at stock cars/engines? Or will your question allow swaps and modifications?

I rate the K20 as a better engine than the F20C, which is better than the F22C. In terms of modifications anyway.

Also depends on if you are looking at stock cars/engines? Or will your question allow swaps and modifications?

Agreed! plus by fastest you probably mean powerwise, I've seen some K20 EG's and their pocket rockets, those things are crazy.

but yeah I'd probably hold the K series over the F series, these days I've seen Hybrid B Series engines where they mix and match top and bottom heads and get the same performance out of them as a K series...

But yeah, if its powerwise... certainly not something from Honda -_-

but yeah I'd probably hold the K series over the F series, these days I've seen Hybrid B Series engines where they mix and match top and bottom heads and get the same performance out of them as a K series...

Bottom heads? This some weird upside-down motor I've never heard of? :P

any combo you like, more intrested in finding out the best 4cyl n/a fastest standard / modified,

i just what to see what people regard as the fastest 4cyl in general

It will typically come down to a Honda being perceived as being the best in most categories N/A.

any combo you like, more intrested in finding out the best 4cyl n/a fastest standard / modified,

i just what to see what people regard as the fastest 4cyl in general

It will typically come down to a Honda being perceived as being the best in most categories N/A.

In the all motor category which is dominated by Honda, VW and rotary powered cars it is the rotaries(20B) which are the quickest and prolly make the most HP followed by the Honda's for HP and then the VW's. But in terms of being the quickest with the rotaries out of the question(they are currently the quickest running mid to low 10's) it is the humble air cooled VW beating the Honda's in terms of times over the quarter.

The quickest Honda's are running low to mid 11's while the VW's(my mates) are now running into the high 10's. Ask any of the guys racing in AM and they will tell you the VW guys are prolly the most consistent on the strip.

Yes the VW's are well modified but so are rotaries. The 2 guys who are the most consistent Honda stalwarts are basically running engines that have minimual bolt on mods. One running a K20 and the other a B16. the K20 is running an aftermarket ECU, full custom exhaust, light flywheel and clutch combo and cold air intake. They tried changing cams and went slower so a lot more homework is being done to sort this out. the latest thing that they have done is changing to ITB's so we'll see how they go with that.

But with an opened K20 with an exhaust, CAI, ECU and clutch/flywheel they were running consistent mid to high 11's which is trully impressive for a production engine with stock internals. they are both running 1985 model civics which are gutted shells as is the case with everyone else in the category.

So my vote goes to the K20 but don't count out the older technology of the aircooled flat 4. there is more aftermarket parts available for them than any Honda or Toyota engine ever made....

I read a while back.. the F20C from the S2000 was the most powerful N/A engine.. maybe times have changed

It's was the N/A car with the most specific power, which is power/L or the like, although that is disputed against the R13B from the limited edition Suzuki Cultus (ie Swift).

It's been beaten since by the Ferrari 458 anyway.

I think I mentioned this before long ago.. I was with a mate who was looking to buy a 2nd hand car around south western Syd area... This salesman went fully enthusiastic when we popped the hood on this imported but pretty stock FTO, saying with both arms waving "this is the worlds fastest engine!" (for 4 cylinder cars, we assume he meant).

Bottom heads? This some weird upside-down motor I've never heard of? :P

hahaha oops what I meant to say was bottom end not bottom head LOL!

I've heard that b20 bottom ends would be able to fit on a b16 block.. lol sorry about the mix up, I'm at work and my brain is goo when i write things

I've heard that b20 bottom ends would be able to fit on a b16 block.. lol sorry about the mix up, I'm at work and my brain is goo when i write things

Most B series are interchangeable with very minor modifications,

A B16A, B18C, B18C type R head can be mixed and matched across B16A, b18C, B18C Type R, B20 blocks..

That was the beauty of the the B series engine from Honda, a legend in its own right and still very much competitive after more than 15 years.

A B16A, B18C, B18C type R head can be mixed and matched across B16A, b18C, B18C Type R, B20 blocks..

That was the beauty of the the B series engine from Honda, a legend in its own right and still very much competitive after more than 15 years.

Totally agree, hence why I love those engines to bits lol, originally an Ozhonda member owned a 4th Gen Prelude with a H22A, another car I loved to bits litrally, hahaha! lets just say its falling apart now -.-

thing is this is such an open ended question that the options are endless .... per the video above u can get some really crazy stuff out there all on just 4 cylinders ..... what exactly are u looking for ? road car ? daily drivers ?

Honda engines are like playing Lego. The hardest part is deciding what colour blocks you want to use.

Also keep in mind the stock cast 2zz head flows just as good as the factory handbuilt and ported b18s.

Noted.. hence why I bought my ZZE hahaha! awesome car :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree, hence why I love those engines to bits lol, originally an Ozhonda member owned a 4th Gen Prelude with a H22A, another car I loved to bits litrally, hahaha! lets just say its falling apart now -.-

I drove my mates H22A powered EG last nite!! Woooooo... its LOCO!!!! LOVE IT!!!