[SYD] Toymods Dyno Day 11 - Sun 3rd July

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers mate nah i dont think ill spend 50 bucks to find out what it runs stock if the figure are right it should be roughly 113 at the wheels i think but i dont know

Put it on the dyno and find out. Roughly 113kw could be wrong so don't guess get some proof of what it has! ;)

I still don't know about the 50psi in my tyres though since its new and i don't want to breach the manufacturer's safety warning of no more than 40psi :( Can i just dyno it with my stock tyre pressure or max of 40psi? :unsure:

Yeah i dont know what these are are doing but i have never touch my tyres when i dyno the car all i do is make sure it is the correct pressure....not over inflated or under inflated the correct pressure..... Also i dont see the point of getting a read out when ur tyres are pumped at 50psi as u will never be driving the car around with that sort of pressure in them so its a flawed arguement for getting these figures as u wont actually know what ur putting down on the street.....

Unless someone can justify this i wouldnt be doing it ... i never have done it.... and i dont think i will ever do it in the future....

cheers mate nah i dont think ill spend 50 bucks to find out what it runs stock  if the figure are right it should be roughly 113 at the wheels i think but i dont know

Put it on the dyno and find out. Roughly 113kw could be wrong so don't guess get some proof of what it has! ;)

I'll try my best to try and get him on the rollers, I'm wanting to see the difference between my stock '03 and the stock '05

yeah but me only doing 700kms will also make abig difference too

also would it be such a good idea dyno runniny it when the motor is still in its drive in period

but i suppose its no different to flooring it on the road is it

maybe guys ill see i gotta play soccer in the arvo so it depends if i can get on and off the rollers in time

hehe i might only bring $25 with me lol if you all wanna see it so badly you will get me on the rollers LOL

Don't worry Justin, we will keep the results to ourselves :P

yeah but me only doing 700kms will also make abig difference too

also would it be such a good idea dyno runniny it when the motor is still in its drive in period

but i suppose its no different to flooring it on the road is it

maybe guys ill see i gotta play soccer in the arvo so it depends if i can get on and off the rollers in time

hehe i might only bring $25 with me lol if you all wanna see it so badly you will get me on the rollers LOL

lol yeah im not really too worried about that but from what i hear a meer CAI system TRD to be exact and a cat back zorst puts you over 120 at the wheels thats awesome im definatly gonna have these done within the next couple of weeks

Edited by evl_50a

hey guys see you all tomoz just letting you knw that i might not be taking the stivo now but im bringing my cousins worked HR so that should be alright he has neve dynod it before and he doesnt have a licnense so i told him we can take that instead see you all there

cheers guys

hey guys see you all tomoz just letting you knw that i might not be taking the stivo now but im bringing my cousins worked HR so that should be alright he has neve dynod it before and he doesnt have a licnense so i told him we can take that instead see you all there

cheers guys

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

*HUGE sigh of diappointment*

Dylan and Zee, ill meet you at campbelltown maccas at around 8

See you there Dave! B) btw can Justin (evl_50a) put his cousin's Holden on the dyno tomorrow or is it just strictly for Toyotas?

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Wow, what a day! :D I am sooo buggered.. where should i start, ok maybe with the Stivos. It was a controversial day yet again :P when it comes to dyno figures especially when Dylan's 03' Stivo produced 115kw stock! Now 2 other 04' Stivos with TRD CAI produced 113kw and 114.1kw respectively, and Dave's 03' Stivo needless to say remains unchallenged with his Unichip tuned, CES exhaust and TRD CAI modded Stivo producing 128kw!! These dyno runs were all performed on a DynoDynamics Dynanometer in shootout mode using 4th gear. 2 runs were performed consecutively and the best run was chosen. So its all up to yous to interpret the results but i had fun and knowing the 2ZZGE Stivo produces such good results stock or close to stock is very satisfying :D

Other cars in our class include a stock standard 99' model 2ZZGE Celica ZR that ran a 103kw, a Toyota Sprinter with a modded 4AGE that pulled 122kw which was an eye opener for me and came close to rivaling Dave's Stivo in the 1800cc and under N/A class.

There were also plenty of turbocharged cars from a 317kw atw Supra to a few Cressidas producing over 200kw atw! The 1JZ is sure a very popular motor B)

There was a late 80s early 90s Corolla with rego "FLYNSX" that produced over 160kw atw! Turbo'd with HUGE intercooler of course but what a car!

There were also MR2s, a Bathurst edition N/A 3S-GE MR2 produced 102kw atw and a Jap import MR2 GT turbo 3S-GTE produced 138kw atw (Mike's MR2). There was also a RAV 4 with an untuned 3SGTE motor producing 140kw at all 4 wheels! :lol:

It was a great day and will definitely be there for the next one!

Cheers to everyone and ToyMods for making it such a fun day! :D

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Cheers for that Zee

I was just doing a report myself

I've now offically joined Azza in the freak stock dyno club beating both Zee and Dan with their TRD CAI's

(we'll see the effect of the AEM one soon :D)

but here the dyno....

gallery_279_18_1120380547.jpg

Edited by Blue_Stivo

cheers mate nah i dont think ill spend 50 bucks to find out what it runs stock   if the figure are right it should be roughly 113 at the wheels i think but i dont know

115kw stock and 113kw & 114.1 kw for TRD CAI modded Stivos! :o :lol: "Justin looks stunned!" :P Come up with your own conclusions guys but here is my own biased interpretation:

1)Dylan used Vortex 98 for the past 2months while the other two used BP Ultimate :P

2)I also turned my car off after my pre-dyno warmup run whereas everyone else left theirs running, now that's worth 20kw..

3)AND i used stock tyre pressures

Just stating my arguments :P :lol:

Edited by ZEEROLLA

1)Dylan used Vortex 98 for the past 2months while the other two used BP Ultimate :P

don't tell 'em my secrets Zee... :huh:

And yes before there are any flamers, this was 100% Caltex Vortex 98 pump fuel, absolutely no Octane boosters. I believe my result is a direct result of the way I drive the car, the roads I take (I can be selective towards mountains and hills as I don't drive every day).

I had commented to a few member in the last few months how much better the car felt since going to Caltex from BP but they chose to ignore me... Oh well... :P

Ultimate is now 2nd best I believe. Vortex also has an injector cleaner additive in it which would have helped and the reason why the car felt progressively better over 3 tanks (filling from 1/4 full) as well as diluting out the evil BP poision. :P

don't tell 'em my secrets Zee... :huh:

And yes before there are any flamers, this was 100% Caltex Vortex 98 pump fuel, absolutely no Octane boosters. I believe my result is a direct result of the way I drive the car, the roads I take (I can be selective towards mountains and hills as I don't drive every day).

I had commented to a few member in the last few months how much better the car felt since going to Caltex from BP but they chose to ignore me... Oh well... :P

Ultimate is now 2nd best I believe. Vortex also has an injector cleaner additive in it which would have helped and the reason why the car felt progressively better over 3 tanks (filling from 1/4 full) as well as diluting out the evil BP poision. :P

Oh and i forgot to add a very important point! :o Dylan and Luke mentioned this :P and that is the "Mine's" sticker on my bonnet made me lose 3-5kw atw since they don't tune Toyotas :P :P :P :lol: Time for a C-One or TRD sticker, that should give me 118-120kw atw next time :lol:

Awesome day, im very happy with my 128kw and was good to see some other 2ZZ's on the rollers for once.

Also im very happy about my mates 1JZ cressida making 200rwkw on 11psi considering it didnt even look like making it on friday night due to a cracked manifold.

P7030002.jpg

Awesome day, im very happy with my 128kw and was good to see some other 2ZZ's on the rollers for once.

Also im very happy about my mates 1JZ cressida making 200rwkw on 11psi considering it didnt even look like making it on friday night due to a cracked manifold.

Richards Cressida was a real suprise considering the work that was needed in the last 48 hours... I want him to run the little corolla next time... I'd be good for 35kW or so :)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Was comparing betwen Dave's chart and Dylan's and you can see where Dave's car excels, it has much more power right through the rev range and a steeper curve plus the Unichip's control over the AFR is also very interesting compared to the stock Toyota ECU which looks to be all over the place.

Also something interesting i noted was although i had a lower Max Power figure, my chart with the TRD CAI showed that the engine made slightly more power at 80km/h, 100km/h and noticeably 140km/h. The chart also showed that with the TRD CAI the torque hole disappeared whereas in Dylan's chart it is noticeable that there is a "dead zone" at the LIFT changeover point. Don't know if this makes any sense or if the chart can be looked at it this way.. ;)

post-135-1120387058_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZEEROLLA

image06dyno4lr.jpg

So my car should be making anywhere between atleast 105.95kw -122.25kw

So its not baddd! woo Now who wants to come WSID?

Im hoping for High 13's :D

BTW I disabled TVIS, So I have big bottom end lag but smoother power curve. Plus heat soak due to intercooler fan not switching. So once Im bothered to install a fan and water spray kit should see 150kw :D

SCREAMIN ROLLA THATS FREGGIN SCARY! 128kw.. means you could keep up with me probably neck and neck down the straight of wakefield :ph34r:

Next dyno the MR2 should hit 180kw with a steel compressor setup on the turbo. A/F mixtures aren't too bad they dip down to 11's so leaning it out to 12 with a healthier turbo should yield some good numbers :D

You guys gotta let me drive or take me for a spin in the stvio sometime. ill return the favour with my car.

So yeah keep me updated and ill gladely come along to the meets/cruise and you guys can take pics of my pos if you want :lol:

Edited by sw20r