2002 V6 Camry front stabilzer/anti roll bar modification

Vijith555

Hi guys,

Was just wondering where can i find a front custom stabilizer bar for my car. I may not be using the correct word for this so I attached a picture to show you what I am talking about. Its just that i heard it does improve cornering by holding the chassis and engine suspension rigid compared to the stock setup. I tried looking for it online but had no luck for my model of Camry. If you guys know where abouts in Australia i can find one or an online store let me know..btw i am in Perth.

This is what i am talking about,

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/181/3021/25451510047_large.jpg

Cheers guys :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,

Was just wondering where can i find a front custom stabilizer bar for my car. I may not be using the correct word for this so I attached a picture to show you what I am talking about. Its just that i heard it does improve cornering by holding the chassis and engine suspension rigid compared to the stock setup. I tried looking for it online but had no luck for my model of Camry. If you guys know where abouts in Australia i can find one or an online store let me know..btw i am in Perth.

http://carphotos.car...10047_large.jpg

Cheers guys smile.gif

Hey dude, its called a Strut Brace - Connects the strut towers together to help stop chassis flex during agrassive cornering, suposedly transfering the force into the suspension itself.

There are ones on Ebay that you can get, but they won't fit the V6 - someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a TRD one that will fit the V6, but I think you'll have to get it second hand and its pricey.

Hope that helps

Hi guys,

http://carphotos.car...10047_large.jpg

Cheers guys smile.gif

Hey dude, its called a Strut Brace - Connects the strut towers together to help stop chassis flex during agrassive cornering, suposedly transfering the force into the suspension itself.

There are ones on Ebay that you can get, but they won't fit the V6 - someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a TRD one that will fit the V6, but I think you'll have to get it second hand and its pricey.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply mate..ya I was confused with the name so its called strut braces. I will keep looking online to see if I could find the TRD ones or some other brand. Would love to get TRD ones but I think i did see them for the newer camry and they were expensive. And yeah a bit hard to get for the V6. Will keep looking.

I would not of thought that a (stabiliser) strut brace that high above the ground would have any effect with cornering. All the work is done below with the wheels, suspension and stabiliser bars front and rear.

I would not of thought that a (stabiliser) strut brace that high above the ground would have any effect with cornering. All the work is done below with the wheels, suspension and stabiliser bars front and rear.

Yeah its true..there are ones that run under the chassis front and back between suspensions..but i wasnt looking for a lot of change just a bit. This is actually an easy mod compared to the one you are talking about..i think it looks good to have one of those sitting on top :)

The only strut brace that I know will fit on the Gen4 (not saying there aren't others; this is the only 1 I know of) is the TRD Strut brace. Part number is: P​T​R​0​6​-​0​6​9​9​1​-​0​1.

They aren't made anymore and are hard to find secondhand.

The only strut brace that I know will fit on the Gen4 (not saying there aren't others; this is the only 1 I know of) is the TRD Strut brace. Part number is: P​T​R​0​6​-​0​6​9​9​1​-​0​1.

I have found few US sites actually selling this exact part. And some forums say that the Toyota Solara Gen 1 shares the same chassis as the 02' camry so have to look ones that fit the Solara. I havent even seen a Solara i guess but maybe it is a US export model. My other question now is are both the V6 and 4 cylinder engine models share the same chassis size at the front? Like do I need to be specific with the engine type? Since I will be most likely getting this online i wont have the chance to do any fitting. The TRD one is available online and is pricey too but looks great. Will look for other brands too.

I have found few US sites actually selling this exact part. And some forums say that the Toyota Solara Gen 1 shares the same chassis as the 02' camry so have to look ones that fit the Solara. I havent even seen a Solara i guess but maybe it is a US export model. My other question now is are both the V6 and 4 cylinder engine models share the same chassis size at the front? Like do I need to be specific with the engine type? Since I will be most likely getting this online i wont have the chance to do any fitting. The TRD one is available online and is pricey too but looks great. Will look for other brands too.

Most of the sites don't realise it isn't in stock till you pay and go to order it. I searched for months for one to no success. Head over to solaraguy.com where you can find some secondhand.

The TRD one will fit on your Gen4 no worries. STYLSH is using one on his Supercharged Gen4 and SupaTouring was using one on his supercharged Gen4 as well.

Being adjustable, they also fit on the Gen5's as well.

Most of the sites don't realise it isn't in stock till you pay and go to order it. I searched for months for one to no success. Head over to solaraguy.com where you can find some secondhand.

The TRD one will fit on your Gen4 no worries. STYLSH is using one on his Supercharged Gen4 and SupaTouring was using one on his supercharged Gen4 as well.

Being adjustable, they also fit on the Gen5's as well.

I havent tried ordering but if thats the case then I might try looking for the TRD one somehow..it is expensive but would love it for the looks and it is TRD so goes with the car too..

@ Stylish - your setup must be really good since you have front and back support..i want to start with the front bar first and if I am able to get the TRD one then i have one TRD modification as a start :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would much rather spend the money on a whiteline rear sway bar. The strut brace is more for looks. :-P and yes I have both :-P

i got a front strut brace off ebay..not a whilteline one but i cant believe the handling improvement i got just with the front end..now onto getting a rear sway bar soon to complete it :)

the strut brace and the nasty looking weapon R custom air intake on the right ;)

t0lymg.jpg

damn, that engine bay is sparkling clean.

Might give mine a wash down today.

cheers mate..its been like that ever since i bought the car..i think the previous owner did a good detailing and thats about it..i dont think you need to wash down these engines a lot unlike the others cos they stay clean for longer :)

I would much rather spend the money on a whiteline rear sway bar. The strut brace is more for looks. :-P and yes I have both :-P

i got a front strut brace off ebay..not a whilteline one but i cant believe the handling improvement i got just with the front end..now onto getting a rear sway bar soon to complete it :)

the strut brace and the nasty looking weapon R custom air intake on the right ;)

t0lymg.jpg

Off the Subject, Can I ask what Coolant do you use?

My coolant is a very dark colour, and just having the auto transmission serviced and being told it still had the original gasket (after 110,000 km) this might also be the original coolant (not overheating). I've only bought the car 1 month ago and slowly getting around to have things done.

Edited by Ozzcaddy

t0lymg.jpg

Off the Subject, Can I ask what Coolant do you use?

My coolant is a very dark colour, and just having the auto transmission serviced and being told it still had the original gasket (after 110,000 km) this might also be the original coolant (not overheating). I've only bought the car 1 month ago and slowly getting around to have things done.

hey..my coolant is the toyota coolant you get from toyota service centres thats i think specific to these cars..dont know the type exactly need to have a look at the bottle..i havent added much maybe 100ml ever since i had the car..i have a bottle at home just in case i need to top up..and i bought my car a year ago from a dealer and got a major service plus timing belts done by toyota dealer as it was 150,000kms on the clock so they might have flushed the coolant to new..and recently i just got the top cover rubber seal replaced because it looked pretty much worn from the edges..and its at 175,000 still running like new with not even one oil leak :)

Edited by Vijith555

i got a front strut brace off ebay..not a whilteline one but i cant believe the handling improvement i got just with the front end..now onto getting a rear sway bar soon to complete it smile.gif

the strut brace and the nasty looking weapon R custom air intake on the right wink.gif

t0lymg.jpg

Wish my engine bay was that clean....dry.gif

Mind if I ask how much you paid for the strut? Did it make any difference at all?

I've seen these around ebay before and I did consider it, but knowing me and my driving style I would DEFINETLY warp it...so IF I was going to get one I would only consider the Genuine TRD or ULTRA RACING.

It does look good though haha

Ooh By the way, check out my thread in the Member's ride section, I've installed my projectors with HID's...tell me what you think (I haven't uploaded any good pics yet though just a quick one)

t0lymg.jpg

i've been looking around on ebay after reading this thread. you've made me want a strut bar for my camry! i've got a whiteline rear sway bar on order already at the moment too. trying to get rid of the boatish handling lol. i can't seem to find any strut bars on ebay that will fit the v6 though. a lot of them say they only fit the 4cyl models. could you maybe point me in the right direction? and also how was installing it? did you need to make any new holes or anything or was it just bolt on?

There is a certain person who has suggested to me that the Ultra Racing strut tower brace for the MCV/ACV36r MAY fit on the V6 Gen4 Camry. He's done some measuring but since we didn't have a brace to test it out; it is a try at your own risk sort of thing.

post-14703-128378334866_thumb.jpg

I'd go the UR brace over the TRD brace any day of the week. the TRD brace is good, but the UR brace is fantastic. The only bad thing is that it doesn't have enough height to clear the supercharger setup.

There is a certain person who has suggested to me that the Ultra Racing strut tower brace for the MCV/ACV36r MAY fit on the V6 Gen4 Camry. He's done some measuring but since we didn't have a brace to test it out; it is a try at your own risk sort of thing.

I'd go the UR brace over the TRD brace any day of the week. the TRD brace is good, but the UR brace is fantastic. The only bad thing is that it doesn't have enough height to clear the supercharger setup.

hmmm yeah i don't think i'll risk it. i'm too broke to be taking risks lol. i'll probs end up getting some cheapo one if i can. i keep seeing pictures of strut braces fitted to v6s but no idea where they're from. i think Vijith holds the key seeing as he has one on his v6...

Hmm that engine bay looks a little...familiar, but its lacking one very important piece. Did you sell/give your UR brace to Anthony?

How much of a difference does it make? Does it turn in better, reduce understeer, less body roll? I was hoping that by the next anual meet to have a whiteline RSB, new springs/shock combo and the UR strut and front undercarriage brace but not sure if those last 2 are worth the extra $300 as a pair.

Any advice/opinions/experiences??

i got a front strut brace off ebay..not a whilteline one but i cant believe the handling improvement i got just with the front end..now onto getting a rear sway bar soon to complete it smile.gif

the strut brace and the nasty looking weapon R custom air intake on the right wink.gif

t0lymg.jpg

Wish my engine bay was that clean....dry.gif

Mind if I ask how much you paid for the strut? Did it make any difference at all?

I've seen these around ebay before and I did consider it, but knowing me and my driving style I would DEFINETLY warp it...so IF I was going to get one I would only consider the Genuine TRD or ULTRA RACING.

It does look good though haha

Ooh By the way, check out my thread in the Member's ride section, I've installed my projectors with HID's...tell me what you think (I haven't uploaded any good pics yet though just a quick one)

Hey..yes the strut bar made a big difference to the boat like handling i had on the front end..i was surprised that it did such a big change..ive been pushing the front end to the max to see if i loose control but nah this thing is hugging the road like crazy..just imagining how it would be once i get the rear sway bar too..it looks good too and its pretty solid..i was like vary about spending a lot on a TRD one because i wasnt that sure it was going to make a big difference..but im really happy with this one..

i will go now and check out your HIDs..i want to have projectors too! maybe i will ask you how you went about getting them :)

t0lymg.jpg

i've been looking around on ebay after reading this thread. you've made me want a strut bar for my camry! i've got a whiteline rear sway bar on order already at the moment too. trying to get rid of the boatish handling lol. i can't seem to find any strut bars on ebay that will fit the v6 though. a lot of them say they only fit the 4cyl models. could you maybe point me in the right direction? and also how was installing it? did you need to make any new holes or anything or was it just bolt on?

This is the exact link to the strut bar i got - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Front-Strut-Brace-Avalon-Camry-Vienta-Lexus-ES300-/380013133293?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item587a8c3ded#ht_3091wt_911 - for the 97-2001 V6 models..fits my 2002 gen 4 as it is the same as the 2001 chassis..

I wanted to go for TRD one but it was twice the cost and little bit difficult to get hold of..and i wasnt sure the front strut brace by itself was going to do this much of handing improvement..i mainly bought it for the looks but i cant believe myself how good and firm the front end has got now..ive been pushing it hard over corners and i dont even get the under steer anymore..no more boat like handling..and this is without the rear sway bar, which im hoping to get next..

since you already have a whiteline RSB..this is going to complete it..i hated the front end weight on the corners before..having to use the brakes a lot too..now its good :)

installation was easy..just the stock bolts come off and these brackets go on top as this is made for the car..you will have to adjust the strut brace from both ends to equal the sides because its length is adjustable..make sure both sides are equally screwed in or out..its easy..

i agree..but i havent tried the TRD brace so far just this one..if this one made such a difference then i can imagine how the UR and TRD ones would be..but having the front strut brace done on these cars is a must to get rid of that sluggish cornering :)

Hmm that engine bay looks a little...familiar, but its lacking one very important piece. Did you sell/give your UR brace to Anthony?

How much of a difference does it make? Does it turn in better, reduce understeer, less body roll? I was hoping that by the next anual meet to have a whiteline RSB, new springs/shock combo and the UR strut and front undercarriage brace but not sure if those last 2 are worth the extra $300 as a pair.

I sold my brace to lateralaus, who has since sold his Gen5. My strut brace that I had made up is based alot on the TRD one except it's a one piece.

The UR brace made the steering feel more direct and it somewhat reduced understeer. However, I had mine put one before I got the RSB so it actually amplified the body roll because the front was now alot tighter than the rear.

If you are going to supercharge it, don't buy the UR brace as it won't fit. Look for the TRD brace. It's not as stiff as the UR brace (but stiff enough) and it will give you the clearance you need for the charger.

I sold my brace to lateralaus, who has since sold his Gen5. My strut brace that I had made up is based alot on the TRD one except it's a one piece.

The UR brace made the steering feel more direct and it somewhat reduced understeer. However, I had mine put one before I got the RSB so it actually amplified the body roll because the front was now alot tighter than the rear.

If you are going to supercharge it, don't buy the UR brace as it won't fit. Look for the TRD brace. It's not as stiff as the UR brace (but stiff enough) and it will give you the clearance you need for the charger.

I think I will get the UR racing early next year. With the intention to pawn it off to one of my fellow Gen 4 lovers later on. Not so sure about supercharging my car as it is a bit out dated...

Who knows though... wouldn't mind heading down the track of a Gen 6.5 TRD charged 3mz/1mz-fe hybrid engine?

Sleep with one eye open boys, I'm trouble ph34r.gif