2002 V6 Camry front stabilzer/anti roll bar modification

Vijith555

Hmm that engine bay looks a little...familiar, but its lacking one very important piece. Did you sell/give your UR brace to Anthony?

How much of a difference does it make? Does it turn in better, reduce understeer, less body roll? I was hoping that by the next anual meet to have a whiteline RSB, new springs/shock combo and the UR strut and front undercarriage brace but not sure if those last 2 are worth the extra $300 as a pair.

Any advice/opinions/experiences??

I sold my brace to lateralaus, who has since sold his Gen5. My strut brace that I had made up is based alot on the TRD one except it's a one piece.

The UR brace made the steering feel more direct and it somewhat reduced understeer. However, I had mine put one before I got the RSB so it actually amplified the body roll because the front was now alot tighter than the rear.

If you are going to supercharge it, don't buy the UR brace as it won't fit. Look for the TRD brace. It's not as stiff as the UR brace (but stiff enough) and it will give you the clearance you need for the charger.

I think I will get the UR racing early next year. With the intention to pawn it off to one of my fellow Gen 4 lovers later on. Not so sure about supercharging my car as it is a bit out dated...

Who knows though... wouldn't mind heading down the track of a Gen 6.5 TRD charged 3mz/1mz-fe hybrid engine?

Sleep with one eye open boys, I'm trouble ph34r.gif

for sure! :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the exact link to the strut bar i got - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Front-Strut-Brace-Avalon-Camry-Vienta-Lexus-ES300-/380013133293?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item587a8c3ded#ht_3091wt_911 - for the 97-2001 V6 models..fits my 2002 gen 4 as it is the same as the 2001 chassis..

I wanted to go for TRD one but it was twice the cost and little bit difficult to get hold of..and i wasnt sure the front strut brace by itself was going to do this much of handing improvement..i mainly bought it for the looks but i cant believe myself how good and firm the front end has got now..ive been pushing it hard over corners and i dont even get the under steer anymore..no more boat like handling..and this is without the rear sway bar, which im hoping to get next..

since you already have a whiteline RSB..this is going to complete it..i hated the front end weight on the corners before..having to use the brakes a lot too..now its good :)

installation was easy..just the stock bolts come off and these brackets go on top as this is made for the car..you will have to adjust the strut brace from both ends to equal the sides because its length is adjustable..make sure both sides are equally screwed in or out..its easy..

awesome! thanks so much for that! when i get paid on monday i'm so buying one :yahoo: . the handling is the one thing i don't like about my car and it's finally gonna be improved with this and the RSB so i'm excited as. when do you plan on getting your RSB?

Edited by rad000

This is the exact link to the strut bar i got - http://cgi.ebay.com....d#ht_3091wt_911 - for the 97-2001 V6 models..fits my 2002 gen 4 as it is the same as the 2001 chassis..

I wanted to go for TRD one but it was twice the cost and little bit difficult to get hold of..and i wasnt sure the front strut brace by itself was going to do this much of handing improvement..i mainly bought it for the looks but i cant believe myself how good and firm the front end has got now..ive been pushing it hard over corners and i dont even get the under steer anymore..no more boat like handling..and this is without the rear sway bar, which im hoping to get next..

since you already have a whiteline RSB..this is going to complete it..i hated the front end weight on the corners before..having to use the brakes a lot too..now its good smile.gif

installation was easy..just the stock bolts come off and these brackets go on top as this is made for the car..you will have to adjust the strut brace from both ends to equal the sides because its length is adjustable..make sure both sides are equally screwed in or out..its easy..

awesome! thanks so much for that! when i get paid on monday i'm so buying one yahoo.gif . the handling is the one thing i don't like about my car and it's finally gonna be improved with this and the RSB so i'm excited as. when do you plan on getting your RSB?

Hey Rad,

Just looking at your Avatar there. That is a REALLY nice choice for an exhaust tip...thats exactly what I was planning to get.

Mind giving us some details on what you have done to your ride? Oh an definetly keep us posted on the strut bar aswell...

This is the exact link to the strut bar i got - http://cgi.ebay.com....d#ht_3091wt_911 - for the 97-2001 V6 models..fits my 2002 gen 4 as it is the same as the 2001 chassis..

since you already have a whiteline RSB..this is going to complete it..i hated the front end weight on the corners before..having to use the brakes a lot too..now its good smile.gif

awesome! thanks so much for that! when i get paid on monday i'm so buying one yahoo.gif . the handling is the one thing i don't like about my car and it's finally gonna be improved with this and the RSB so i'm excited as. when do you plan on getting your RSB?

Hey Rad,

Just looking at your Avatar there. That is a REALLY nice choice for an exhaust tip...thats exactly what I was planning to get.

Mind giving us some details on what you have done to your ride? Oh an definetly keep us posted on the strut bar aswell...

oh thanks! it came with the car so i can't take credit for it though lol. it sounds pretty good. i got the car almost 3 years ago exactly. the exhaust is the only modification on the car besides stereo at the moment. i've just decided recently to slowly start modifying just a few things. not really sure what else i'll do. i'm very jealous of your gtp kit. you're one lucky dude. is your car lowered?

oh and yes i will definitely keep you posted on the sway bar!

Edited by rad000

You should get a CAI, once you hear the sound from the intake, trust me you wont want to go back haha.

My car isn't lowered...yet spiteful.gif I'm having to wait until I get back from overseas which will be mid January before I start with the more serious modifications. I've pretty much outlined what I would like to do in the first post on my ride thread.

Borla/TRD exhaust should be coming very soon though - from a friend who is selling his camry

You should get a CAI, once you hear the sound from the intake, trust me you wont want to go back haha.

My car isn't lowered...yet spiteful.gif I'm having to wait until I get back from overseas which will be mid January before I start with the more serious modifications. I've pretty much outlined what I would like to do in the first post on my ride thread.

Borla/TRD exhaust should be coming very soon though - from a friend who is selling his camry

yeah i'd love a cold air intake. my car is too... camry-like haha. the only thing holding me back from mods is money.

i love those stock rims on your camry, looks stealthy. i've got very dated vienta alloys which i'm not a fan of at all.

yeah i'd love a cold air intake. my car is too... camry-like haha. the only thing holding me back from mods is money.

i love those stock rims on your camry, looks stealthy. i've got very dated vienta alloys which i'm not a fan of at all.

Haha you like my steelies? You can have them once I get my new rims haha...I hate them

It does look good at night though, kinda looks like I'm floating laugh.gif

Haha you like my steelies? You can have them once I get my new rims haha...I hate them

Would look good with the Alphas, the only thing is you'd probably want to get them fixed up before you put them on. A little bit of gutter rash.

At least they'll come with some Federal 595-SS with tread. I'll keep you updated. :spiteful:

Would look good with the Alphas, the only thing is you'd probably want to get them fixed up before you put them on. A little bit of gutter rash.

At least they'll come with some Federal 595-SS with tread. I'll keep you updated. :spiteful:

If the price is right, then I don't really mind spending that little bit extra to fix the gutter rash. But yea keep my informed..

yeah i dunno i just like them haha. i really don't know why. the postage would be a killer from sydney i think! i've got my eye on a suspiciously cheap set of 18" rims on ebay at the moment. still tossing up whether to make a bid or not

yeah i dunno i just like them haha. i really don't know why. the postage would be a killer from sydney i think! i've got my eye on a suspiciously cheap set of 18" rims on ebay at the moment. still tossing up whether to make a bid or not

You want to post up the link? Or PM it to me if you dont wabt others to see?

You want to post up the link? Or PM it to me if you dont wabt others to see?

PMd it B)

For cheap postage use: www.e-go.com.au

If you are buying off Ebay, ask the seller to:

1)Pack the boxes

2)Give you the dimensions of the box (or boxes)

3)Give you the weight of each box (or boxes)

4)Give you their address + phone number

Book the consignment and send them the consignment note that they stick on the box (or boxes). Unless they have an account with TNT where they get epic discounts; E-Go is usually your best bet.

Adam: Will keep you informed with the wheels.

1)Pack the boxes

Book the consignment and send them the consignment note that they stick on the box (or boxes). Unless they have an account with TNT where they get epic discounts; E-Go is usually your best bet.

oh cool i'll keep that site in mind. the wheels im looking at are only an hourish away from me. but a lot of camry stuff seems to be reeeeally far away so it'll probs come in handy :clap:

I saw this Ebay site

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTRA-RACING-4-Point-Front-Lower-Bar-T-Camry02-ACV36R-/150488285690?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2309cd01fa

This shop seem to have stabiliser bars for every moving parts in the car!

Takle a look.

K8Canb

whoa they've got the ultra racing strut bars pretty cheap. doesn't say if it fits the v6 or 4cyl though. or does the ultra racing one fit both?

1)Pack the boxes

Cheers man, do you know any good international courier companies? Theres a few things on SG.com that I want to get but shipping is expensive.

Can Adam (ASG...) do it cheap?

since you already have a whiteline RSB..this is going to complete it..i hated the front end weight on the corners before..having to use the brakes a lot too..now its good :)

awesome! thanks so much for that! when i get paid on monday i'm so buying one :yahoo: . the handling is the one thing i don't like about my car and it's finally gonna be improved with this and the RSB so i'm excited as. when do you plan on getting your RSB?

not a problem..i think its worth the money this front strut brace :)..and i want to get the RSB soon..maybe in the coming few weeks..spent a bit of money getting the strut brace and short ram intake so keeping myself away from buying stuff for a little while ;)..will update you guys when i do get it :)

ok guys i know this is off the topic..but since you seen the picture of my engine i thought i will just ask you right here instead of creating another topic. I just got this short ram air intake for my car and its going pretty good so far..the sound and the performance is like no more camry like :P

My question is do i really need to build a heat shield around the filter one day? i have read somewhere that since the steel pipe is going to be hot anyways heat shielding the filter by itself wont do much..and im not that serious into getting every bit of performance out of it..for me a bit of performance improvement and the sound makes me happy..but if its going to put down the performance below stock level then yes that would hurt..so far its just the rain season here and its not that warm..and i am waiting for summer to see if its going to effect the performance because of heat..i have seen a lot of rides having custom pods and no shields so far...and the sound of the engine makes me never want to take it out :)

but do let me know what you guys suggest..shall i just leave it the way it is or if i really have to go into shielding it..cheers :)

I saw this Ebay site

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTRA-RACING-4-Point-Front-Lower-Bar-T-Camry02-ACV36R-/150488285690?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2309cd01fa

Takle a look.

K8Canb

K8Canb, I have a 4-point front lower bar for the 36 series here (brand new, never installed) here if you want one cheap. I was going to put it on but due to my exhaust modifications, my cat gets in the way and to have it moved is going to cost me too much.

Link to the post when I tried to fit it: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22416&view=findpost&p=388074

whoa they've got the ultra racing strut bars pretty cheap. doesn't say if it fits the v6 or 4cyl though. or does the ultra racing one fit both?

I can't comment on the Gen3 and Gen4, but suspension wise the ACV36R and MCV36R are the same. So while UR market it for the ACV36R's, they will fit both ACV and MCV models.

Cheers man, do you know any good international courier companies? Theres a few things on SG.com that I want to get but shipping is expensive.

USPS Priority Mail International is the most cost effective way to send your gear. It's fast enough, has insurance and won't cost you too much.

UPS, USPS Global Express, FedEx and DHL are fast but very very expensive.

Adam is good, because he can minimise your costs (e.g tax + best method to ship stuff)/

ok guys i know this is off the topic..but since you seen the picture of my engine i thought i will just ask you right here instead of creating another topic. I just got this short ram air intake for my car and its going pretty good so far..the sound and the performance is like no more camry like :P

My question is do i really need to build a heat shield around the filter one day? i have read somewhere that since the steel pipe is going to be hot anyways heat shielding the filter by itself wont do much..and im not that serious into getting every bit of performance out of it..for me a bit of performance improvement and the sound makes me happy..but if its going to put down the performance below stock level then yes that would hurt..so far its just the rain season here and its not that warm..and i am waiting for summer to see if its going to effect the performance because of heat..i have seen a lot of rides having custom pods and no shields so far...and the sound of the engine makes me never want to take it out :)

but do let me know what you guys suggest..shall i just leave it the way it is or if i really have to go into shielding it..cheers :)

If you get a SRI/CAI pay extra for ceramic coating. It should prevent any heat transfer from the piping that leads to the throttle body to the intake air. But apparently the heat transfer is minimal anyway.

The WA transport site sucks but your local transport regulators might require you to box your filter anyway. Here in QLD you just need to make sure it's secure but in NSW they require you to have it boxed.

I can't comment on the Gen3 and Gen4, but suspension wise the ACV36R and MCV36R are the same. So while UR market it for the ACV36R's, they will fit both ACV and MCV models.

sorry i meant engine clearance wise. because i've noticed some bars say they're only for 4 cyl models.

sorry i meant engine clearance wise. because i've noticed some bars say they're only for 4 cyl models.

oh, sorry. Chances are they won't be interchangeable.

I think the strut bar will fit the V6 model, as I remember seeing one with it on. But email them to double check...

I saw this Ebay site

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item2309cd01fa

Takle a look.

K8Canb

K8Canb, I have a 4-point front lower bar for the 36 series here (brand new, never installed) here if you want one cheap. I was going to put it on but due to my exhaust modifications, my cat gets in the way and to have it moved is going to cost me too much.

Link to the post when I tried to fit it: http://au.toyotaowne...ndpost&p=388074

USPS Priority Mail International is the most cost effective way to send your gear. It's fast enough, has insurance and won't cost you too much.

UPS, USPS Global Express, FedEx and DHL are fast but very very expensive.

Adam is good, because he can minimise your costs (e.g tax + best method to ship stuff)/

If you get a SRI/CAI pay extra for ceramic coating. It should prevent any heat transfer from the piping that leads to the throttle body to the intake air. But apparently the heat transfer is minimal anyway.

The WA transport site sucks but your local transport regulators might require you to box your filter anyway. Here in QLD you just need to make sure it's secure but in NSW they require you to have it boxed.

thanks for the update Andrew..so this ceramic coating, is it something i can do to my existing SRI pipe? like i can coat it with that or just use some heat shield adhesive i guess. And if i am to do some coating where do i find them? And since like you say the heat transfer is minimum im not that bothered to put shields and stuff around the filter..

and with the laws here i have so far heard they are happy with the SRI/CAI as long as it is mounted properly which on mine i have made sure..

thanks for the update Andrew..so this ceramic coating, is it something i can do to my existing SRI pipe? like i can coat it with that or just use some heat shield adhesive i guess. And if i am to do some coating where do i find them? And since like you say the heat transfer is minimum im not that bothered to put shields and stuff around the filter..

and with the laws here i have so far heard they are happy with the SRI/CAI as long as it is mounted properly which on mine i have made sure..

It is something you can do to your existing pipe. Most decent exhaust shops should do this for you. When I was talking about the heat transfer, I was referring to the heat soaking into the SRI/CAI tubing; not the filter. If you are anal about heatsoak into the tubing you can get it coated in ceramic if you wish.

However, a pod filter in a hot engine bay will take in hot air. Isolate it from the engine bay by either a shield or routing it out of the engine bay will allow the filter to take in cooler air.

edit: Reducing the temperature of your intake air is beneficial for obvious reasons.