Opinions on this look

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now now, theres no need to start being like that. People are offering help and their opinions, isnt that what you stated in the topic? Your Opinions on this look? And you got it. Whether positive or negative, or how raw it is you've got to accept other peoples opinions/ideas. Not everyone will like your ideas/looks which is fine, do things the way you want to do it. Your car is an extension of your own persona. What other people say shouldnt affect what you think or want to do.

Sooking isnt going to get you anywhere whatsoever and saying you'll debadge your TOCAU sticker and stop modding is not the intention of the Forum or its members.

Theres no need to be like that.

Will,

Dont lose heart. Ive deliberately not replied here cause like everyone says, your styling is up to you. Now Im formerly a sign writer, and im used to trying to bring forth peoples ideas (as poor or good as the may be) and make reality of their thoughts. Sometimes its the hardest job ever, sometimes its easy. You just have to get into the headspace of your customer.

Heres a quick idea that may smarten up your pinstripe idea..

Acend.jpg

Using the dual pinstripe and TRD logo, it kinda works and looks much neater. I also lowered the car a bit more (probably more than you will want). What do you think of that idea? Due to the placement of door handles and mirror base, you will have to work with a line that matches the main body line, not quite window sill line, but just off. This pinstripe/TRD logo combo would be easy for most signwriters or pinstripers to apply. You could also opt to do the red pinstripe and logo in reflective red and reflective back respectively.. would look mad at night.

Saying that, when people say to take styling cue from people like John, Wy or me, they dont mean flat out copy us like BKS mentioned, just have a squiz at it and if you like the style mold and shape it to your own liking.

As for being "rice" personally i cant stand the term, but i spose it has its place. Hey, i know a swag of people dont like my blue LED interior, nor some of my VIP crazyness (more planned), but f*ckit, as long as i like it or at least try it out to see if i like it thats all that matters. Dont build your car for others build it up how you see fit, for yourself.. Nothing wrong with your own styling, it just seems like you have asked quite a few people for ideas then just ignored them... thats what has upset them.

^ Now that's a pinstripe that would work. Looks about 50x better than the single line.

I will state my opinion. At first the red wheels didn't quite do it for me. It was quite bold and over the top. That's not necessarily bad, but it's enough to make one form an instant opinion. Over time though, the look started to settle in, and now I actually like it. It's more like an aquired taste. I can understand why people can dislike it, and that's fine by them if they do.

... It just has to be combined with lowering springs to fit in perfectly.

And my last thought. To me it looks like you are trying to do a whole combination of cheap things to make your car look better. My advice is that if you are trying to do that, just wait and save, then spend a little more to do it right the first time. I'm not saying you have to go all out and spend a lot on things, but like the pinstripe, spending just a little bit more can mean the difference between a cheap looking single stripe, and the good looking twin stripe with TRD logo like dutchie has suggested.

dutchie i like your design. if i print it and give it to a sigh writer would it be possible to make reality? also cost is no barrier

many thanks.

will

Too easy Will, take a nice TRD sticker to them and they will give Ideas on stripe size/design.

I like this one TRD have for Vitz

TRD stripe

Yep just as John said, give them a vector file of the TRD logo (.eps) which can be scaled up or down easily and true to type ( hereTRD LOGO FILES) and chat to them about pinstripe thickness. Reflective films will cost 2-5X more than standard 3M vinyl. Might also pay to ring a few of those mobile pin striping guys, they may be cheaper than the sign writers. You should be able to scale up the rough size of the lines and logo off the pic. Can always get the logo done at sign writers and the pinny guy to lay it on. Those pinny guys are very quick and good at what they do. More so than a s/writer at laying neat true lines.

Be sure to leave the ends of the pinstripes short of the tails as i have shown , or it wil look too busy,

Best of luck.

PS, there are a few different logos in the link above, the ones with the dropped "R" may not work so well, dunno, havent tried em yet. I think it would interfere with the lower stripe. Also make sure the red stripe matches the tail light colour not the wheels. The black of the wheels and wheel gap will brake the colour match there, its more important on the body to get colour matches right.

Yeah Pete mobile pin stripe is cheaper, my signwriter is a rip off but he covered my AE92 hundreds of times and does a good job.

Also google "world logos" and Its all there then get them to add TRD or whatever to something like this

stripes

Getting back to red wheels, if they're not 9" wide with a polished lip then they shouldn't be on, I drive a truck with 34 red rims,not happy Jan :angry:

+1 for dutchie's design.

i like all 3 of the things you are intending to do the car so dont give up on the modding.

Do a DIY for the front lip, you did it for the mudguards, so it'll be the same process with a clear coat.

Dutchie's given you the pinstripes idea.

Lowering springs you have negotiated with another member so altogether your car will look good

+1 for dutchie's design.

i like all 3 of the things you are intending to do the car so dont give up on the modding.

Do a DIY for the front lip, you did it for the mudguards, so it'll be the same process with a clear coat.

Dutchie's given you the pinstripes idea.

Lowering springs you have negotiated with another member so altogether your car will look good

<3

I see what you are trying to do. It seems very US. Very showy. Couple of things that would complete this look would be:

-some wider bright rims with hellaflush offset ;) with some stretched tyres

-an uber low stance

With all that in mind, it will actually make the red accents look not so tacky.

So maybe some custom painted black rims with candy apple lip are in order :clap:

I offered to buy u springs, but u didnt want them.. lol

its not that i didnt want them i just didnt want to burden you lol...

@every one .. its all good :) thanks for your feed back :) :ph34r: gettin springs as soon as master.cuong replies :)

You know i got ur back WILL... 120 bucks is chicken feet man!!

I offered to buy u springs, but u didnt want them.. lol

its not that i didnt want them i just didnt want to burden you lol...

@every one .. its all good :) thanks for your feed back :) :ph34r: gettin springs as soon as master.cuong replies :)

You know i got ur back WILL... 120 bucks is chicken feet man!!

<3 bro

As others have voiced their view like your asking i'll happily say that if you lower the car it will make a massive difference to how it looks. Some easy rules of thumb for you:

- Do what YOU want , if YOU like it go with it.

- Apply the KISS ( Keep it simple stupid ) principle to your thoughts.

- Search around , outside of Toyota Corollas and look at other things on cars from other countries , other communities etc that may trigger some really original personal ideas for your own car.

- Decide what you want from the car wetaher it's a mixture of a few different things , a cruiser type or what ever else on the pallet.

I hope this helps.

Bingo, like the stripe

If your going super strong red on your rims, agree And1, you want big rims sitting flush rolling under there, otherwise everyone's going to be drawn to your standard 16" rims with 205.55 rubber sitting way inside the guards.

313 and Mickwheelz give me plenty of tips for the rolla, neither of them actually own one, but they know what works and what doesn't

whitestivo

Just measure it and see how far it comes along the length of the car. Might be a little short, could always email them and see if they can make it longer.

They also have this one:

StickerToyotaTO351.jpg

Here

Its longer, dual stripe. But its pretty easy for a signy or pinny to make one of these up.