EYELIDS AND SPORTS GRILLE

MotoMan

Please dont tell me to search... i already have...

Ive also checked the sticky up the top... and all the places listed for melbourne people are closed or no longer there...

Does anyone know where to get the eyelids and Sports grille? (toyota quoted me $400 for the grille) Frik that

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Melbourne based would be heaps better or if anyone is selling theirs? Cascade blue?

Please dont tell me to search... i already have...

Ive also checked the sticky up the top... and all the places listed for melbourne people are closed or no longer there...

Does anyone know where to get the eyelids and Sports grille? (toyota quoted me $400 for the grille) Frik that

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Melbourne based would be heaps better or if anyone is selling theirs? Cascade blue?

i think ignitionX sells that stuff. but they're in sydney tho.

yes, just lesser grade material

ok cool ..... as unfortunately one of my eyelids must have come off while i was driving as i went to check to see how they were doing and there it was only 1 eye lid and the other no where to be seen... Im thinking of maybe putting some sort of extra adhesive to help these things stay down..... what u reckon ? I also found it wierd that it flew off as i havent heard of any other members saying they had lost any of their eye lids.... my luck i guess

i have a set of eye lids if you're interested, they dont fit the face lifted models.

im in melbourne, they are red so you would have to repaint them.

cheers

PM me price...

I may be interested. I have a Red pre-facelift with naked eyes :P

Yes do fly off Xoom...double sided tape is useless you need to use some kind of car silicon to do the job...so boyz dont use the double sided tape coz it will fly off eventually.... :huh:

the 3M stuff works well tho. same stuff they use if u get the original toyota stuff. just make sure the surfac is relatively clean b4 u stick it on! B)

yes, just lesser grade material

ok cool ..... as unfortunately one of my eyelids must have come off while i was driving as i went to check to see how they were doing and there it was only 1 eye lid and the other no where to be seen... Im thinking of maybe putting some sort of extra adhesive to help these things stay down..... what u reckon ? I also found it wierd that it flew off as i havent heard of any other members saying they had lost any of their eye lids.... my luck i guess

Mine have had a similar problem Bill but I haven't lost them. The outer corners are rising off the lights but the rest of the tape is holding well.

I cleaned the light assembly extremely well before sticking them on but I think that because it was a cold night when I stuck them then some water condensed onto the tape and reduced the adhesiveness. I also think I didn't put pressure on the outer edge for long enough to 'set' the tape and when I went for a drive about 45 minutes later the heat from the lamps may have caused some thermal stress to the polymer and assisted some water diffusion into the tape material.

but I'll look at some small squares to fix the problem. I don't want to glue as I want it to ba easy to remove if need be.

Cheers

Dylan

NO not at all actually.... he wants $100 deposit before he will go get them out of storage?

WTF? im not prepared to give $100 to someone ive never heard of before

if someone wants to buy them off him and resell them to me for a profit id be for that :) but deposits.. screw that..

The way it works these days is... i give someone money.. they give me a product...

p.s. he also slagged off the TRD CAI saying it wasnt designed for our cars and it was effectively crap.. pffft

Thanks anyway tangcla.. and Kcorro who sent me the exact same links 5 mins before you :)

Still hunting for eyelids and sports grilles :(

Edited by MotoMan

• 4 weeks later...

Well i bit the bullet and went with ignition-X..

Paint job on the eyelids and grille is extremely sub-standard... :angry:

i should have had them painted myself..

Definetly wont be buying from Ignition-X again

Grille doesnt fit very well either... really had to use some force to get it to sit right

I'm from melbourne...

got my sportivo grille from City Toyota for i think $160 then got it painted from another place for $70 (at that place at BH - forget the name its near cnr of station st and whitehorse rd - on station st)

hope that helps...

btw this was like in feb this yr

NO not at all actually.... he wants $100 deposit before he will go get them out of storage? 

if someone wants to buy them off him and resell them to me for a profit id be for that :)  but deposits.. screw that..

The way it works these days is... i give someone money.. they give me a product...

p.s. he also slagged off the TRD CAI saying it wasnt designed for our cars and it was effectively crap.. pffft

Thanks anyway tangcla.. and Kcorro who sent me the exact same links 5 mins before you :)

I sent that guy an email enquiring about the same thing and at first he replied offering me $150 for the eyelids and grill, to which I replied saying I was interested and would buy them the following day. He then got back to me via email saying that he'd offer me a special deal of $250 for eyelids and grill (seemingly forgetting the first offer of $150), and when I questioned him about the $100 price increase, he replied with all sorts of excuses and justifications. Now I don't disagree that the eyelids and grill are worth $250, but he shouldn't have offered me the initial price in the first place to try and bait me into a sale. It was all in writing, so I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve. But certainly don't hand your money over to this guy unless it's face-to-face and he's got the items in front of you.

if someone wants to buy them off him and resell them to me for a profit id be for that :)   but deposits.. screw that..

I sent that guy an email enquiring about the same thing and at first he replied offering me $150 for the eyelids and grill, to which I replied saying I was interested and would buy them the following day. He then got back to me via email saying that he'd offer me a special deal of $250 for eyelids and grill (seemingly forgetting the first offer of $150), and when I questioned him about the $100 price increase, he replied with all sorts of excuses and justifications. Now I don't disagree that the eyelids and grill are worth $250, but he shouldn't have offered me the initial price in the first place to try and bait me into a sale. It was all in writing, so I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve. But certainly don't hand your money over to this guy unless it's face-to-face and he's got the items in front of you.

He obviously got mixed up.. theres no way you'd get the eyelids and grille for $150... absolutely no way.. Ive met JDMRUNX now.. and would have no issues in dealing with him again :) so strike me previous comments.. JDMRUNX is ok by me :)

i have a set of eye lids if you're interested, they dont fit the face lifted models.

cheers

PM me price...

Now sent you 2 PM's dude...

Why will you not respond????

cheers

PM me price...

Now sent you 2 PM's dude...

Why will you not respond????

Whats your problem mate???

You make a comment saying that you have something available and you don't respond to the people making a bona fide enquiry.

I know you have been online because when I click on your name, it says when you were last online.

I dunno how you can miss the red banner telling you you have PM's there, together with the email that the forum board sends you telling you that you have a PM.

You said you had red eyelids available for a pre-facelift.

I have a red pre-facelift.

I am interested in the eyelids mate....