Pedders Coilover

mslun

So finally I got them fitted this morning, looks really great with the lowered height but during the wheel alignment, both wheels in the rear (both sides) showing -30mm camber and he couldn't adjust it at all. The fronts are fine which set at 0mm after a bit of adjustment. Sad thing is they didn't have any camber kit in stock and have to order them in. Does anyone have this problem as well after lowering?

Other than the camber, I also noticed some scrubbing in the front - when cornering, and in the back when driving over uneven road. I'm not sure if it is because my car is too low, I have attached two photos.. *EDIT* I'm running 245/35/19

2q0t8pc.jpg

2ed5q2g.jpg

14ah2sl.jpg

Any idea/suggestion would be great so I can go back Pedders and ask them to check on the issues...

Thanks

Edited by mslun

Yeah it looks awesome but at that height it prolly will or does in your case scrub a little :( ...i had mine set pretty low on fitting and on the 1st test run there was some scrubbing,similar to what your having atm,so up she went.Anyway just keep playing with the height until you get it right and get the camber kit for the front fitted it helps.

i think mine is sitting a little high in the rear atm but the ride and handling is great,so it's a compromise/battle between looks or handling and i've choosen the latter. :)

also congrats on the install mate,once you find your personal setup you should be all smiles. :D

yeah looking at those pics and as nice as it does look sitting that low your only option to solve that scrub issue would be to go up a few MM's front and rear. Plus those Camber bolt kits would always help out alot :)

So finally I got them fitted this morning, looks really great with the lowered height but during the wheel alignment, both wheels in the rear (both sides) showing -30mm camber and he couldn't adjust it at all. The fronts are fine which set at 0mm after a bit of adjustment. Sad thing is they didn't have any camber kit in stock and have to order them in. Does anyone have this problem as well after lowering?

Other than the camber, I also noticed some scrubbing in the front - when cornering, and in the back when driving over uneven road. I'm not sure if it is because my car is too low, I have attached two photos.. *EDIT* I'm running 245/35/19

2q0t8pc.jpg

2ed5q2g.jpg

14ah2sl.jpg

Any idea/suggestion would be great so I can go back Pedders and ask them to check on the issues...

Thanks

looks good mate had mine lowered had to have camber bolts fitted on mine

Thanks for all the info..I guess I might have to raise it by 10mm the next time I go back Pedders when they have the camber pin.

Hey Davo, maybe we should meet up :yahoo:

for sure mate

trying to get more aurions together here in perth! have a few so far, and now the weather is getting better, photoshoots/meets will be happening pretty often! yay!

Thanks for all the info..I guess I might have to raise it by 10mm the next time I go back Pedders when they have the camber pin.

for sure mate

trying to get more aurions together here in perth! have a few so far, and now the weather is getting better, photoshoots/meets will be happening pretty often! yay!

yay!

for sure mate

yay!

yayyay!!

How much did pedders charge you if you dont mind me asking ?

Im looking at getting some for my aurion in canberra.

Should be around the $2000 mark fitted with an alignment.

Ok sweeet :) I spoke to pedders and they said $2350 fitted with allignment but they are specifically designed with camber control he said, have to buy different strut tops.

But i also got quoted $2100 for K-Sport fully adjustable coilovers (damper/height/camber) fitted from a mate.

Which one would you guys recommend ?

And Sorry for hijacking someones post :P

Go the Pedders mate IMO..if you have any dramas the fix is only as far as your local Pedders store.

as for the K-Sport i can't say to much about them other than i don't know anyone using them personally on an Aurion,there are a few members now running the Pedders and there seems to be no complaints,just smiles. :D

and also you don't have to buy different strut tops,ring some other stores and see if you can get that $2350 closer to $2000...good luck.

Cheers

Lee

How much did pedders charge you if you dont mind me asking ?

Im looking at getting some for my aurion in canberra.

Should be around the $2000 mark fitted with an alignment.

Ok sweeet :) I spoke to pedders and they said $2350 fitted with allignment but they are specifically designed with camber control he said, have to buy different strut tops.

But i also got quoted $2100 for K-Sport fully adjustable coilovers (damper/height/camber) fitted from a mate.

Which one would you guys recommend ?

And Sorry for hijacking someones post :P

Mine cost $2060 fitted with alignment and the extension cables (for rear damper adjustment).

Also out of curiosity... what alignment spec you guys are running with the coilover? I didn't ask for a printout (I really should have...) and I just don't feel right with the steering at all.

To compare the before and after, basically the steering felt

- a loooooot lighter

- often wandering

- like it has a bit of delay (play?)

so makes it really hard to go through corner (its like you are oversteer everytime) and even on straight line you have to do quite a lot of corrections. I'm suspecting either there are too much toe out/ negative caster?? :huh: So I hope if someone can post up their spec for references...

Thanks

Also out of curiosity... what alignment spec you guys are running with the coilover? I didn't ask for a printout (I really should have...) and I just don't feel right with the steering at all.

- a loooooot lighter

- often wandering

so makes it really hard to go through corner (its like you are oversteer everytime) and even on straight line you have to do quite a lot of corrections. I'm suspecting either there are too much toe out/ negative caster?? :huh: So I hope if someone can post up their spec for references...

Thanks

ill post mine later tonight when i get home... are u running any upgraded swaybars/strut bars?

- a loooooot lighter

- often wandering

Thanks

ill post mine later tonight when i get home... are u running any upgraded swaybars/strut bars?

yep, Ultra racing rear sway car bar :blink: (19mm) and front strut brace.

Edited by mslun

Some updates...went back from Pedders for another alignment....turns out...shocking!!

Before After

Front

Camber -0.40' (L) -0.45' (L)

-0.42' ® -0.46' ®

Toe -17.01mm (L) +1.1mm (L)

-17.40mm ® +1.0mm ®

Castor +3.35' (L) +2.57' (L)

+3.38' ® +3.01' ®

KPI +13.22' (L) +13.25'(L)

+10.21' ® +13.00'®

Setback -4.1mm +0.9mm

Rear

Camber -2.54' (L) -3.08' (L)

-3.08' ® -3.08' ®

Toe -13.5mm (L) +2.8mm (L)

-13.2mm ® +2.8mm ®

Well...at least they didn't charge anything and the drive feels a lot better now, except for the rear camber which I will return to pur the kit on...

Yeah i had a gut feeling it was the fault of the install/setup not the product and being lowered that much prolly didn't help...looking at those numbers they were a little off in places. :blink:

anyway glad it's on the way to being sorted...btw did you have to raise it at all?

anyway glad it's on the way to being sorted...btw did you have to raise it at all?

Not yet but soon be, just have to book another time in for that plus the rear camber kit.

Also interestingly, after the alignment the whole suspension feel a bit softer, checked the damper setting but they are all the same as before...erm... :blink:

It will always scrub it's just a fact of life lol should see where mine sits, and it will only get worse when the shocks loosen up! The front I stopes from scrubbing by cutting some of the inner guard out, the only way to help with the back from scrubbing is to rip that dirty stupid carpet **** out of the inner guard and grid the screws off :) help HEAPS on my car :)