stivo keyed! needs touch up paint

twungs

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Woke up this morning to find my stivo had been key'ed, 2 deep gashes in the passenger side about 10cm each in length.

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some Cascade Blue 8P4 Mica Touch up paint in Aus/Melb? I've called Toyota and they only have paint for cars that have been manufactured in Aus, but the stivo was made in South Africa? I've checked the net and it seems I have to outsource touchup paint overseas.

fuk man, these people should be shot! :angry:

toyota SHOULD have them but if you wanna try autobarn?

10 cms is long man, is it all the way down to the primer/metal?

Yeah, 2 deep gashes, right down to the primer. Don't know why they would do such a thing.

WTF man?!?! lowlife F$#@$!, if it's deep and that long I would advise against using touch up paint.

I suppose, I'm gathering quotes from panel beaters to see if I can get my door resprayed.

fukers strikes again .....

oh well, i feel sorry for you dude ....

If the scratch is deep then it might be better to repaint the whole door .... no touch up paint will bring that away.

Been rubbing anyone the wrong way trung? Thats painful man. I also dont think touch up paint will do the trick. Like tomee said, probli have to do your whole door. Hopefully the color match is perfect

Using touch up paint on them will stand out like dog balls, when getting the door sprayed they will have to blend other door/gaurd aswell so it all blends in.

A word of warning regarding the Autobarn paint. I have the same coloured Sportivo and got some paint made up and even matched via code and with paint to my duco and it was so different i threw it in the bin! I would have it professionally done if funds are there!

Thanks for the comments,

Something interesting.. I used some of my mates Meguiars Scratch X on it, worked on and around the scratch for about two hours and it actually turned out not bad, the scratch has faded a little, primer paint isn't as obvious. From a few metres away, you probably can't notice it, but I have bad eye sight :P. It's a good enough look for now, until I get some funds and do a proper respray.

When I got my eyelids done I asked for a tin of paint. So I got 8p4 blue aswell and the eyelids came really close to the bonnet so it's why I still got the tin. Used it for a couple of stone chips too from trucks and sall good