OBDII product

Aurion ZR6

No I have not bought one of those scan tools, but I would be worried about the money spent versus the function.

As you will have a TMCA model and you won't have any software to update, the only functionality is reading diagnostics codes and live data. For that I would suggest you get something from eBay for about $20-30 and try that first.

Here is one example, as I'm looking for data logging myself:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au:80/Scan-tool-OBD-II-OBD2-CAN-Bus-Interface-PC-USB-V1-3-B04-/290456310277?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a08b9205&autoredirect=off#ht_8684wt_952

I bought a Bluetooth version (everything else same spec) of the above today, when I get it I will test it and upload some sample logged data and trouble code data. If you can hold off until then you will know if this sort of thing is what you're after.

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in fuel consumption figures for different speeds.

Did it give you such information?

Is the data-logging software supplied with the ebay item?

Just a OPC/DDE/etc server or the full package?

I have the same one 450HP posted above, and it does come with some full version software and some demos on the disc, most of it was a bit poo I thought. I looked at ScanXL Pro a while back, thought that looked pretty good. My interest in OBD has been more for the w@nk factor live diagnostics when I get my carputer up and running, so I'll be using Palmers Performance Dash Command (same people that make ScanXL) and integrating it with Centrefuse or XBMC. I know theres other options like ScanXL designed for chucking on your laptop and logging some hardcore data, best bet is to google around and see what you can find. If you are going to buy an adaptor like the one above, make sure whatever software you get is ELM327 compatible.