hey guys need help

tan da man

To all 1zzfe owners with in car sound system

I was wondering what type of upgrades (eg bigger battery, cabling etc) did you do to ur car to get rid of headlights dimming

Because atm I have a 2002 corolla hatch

my mods are:

600cca battery

600wrms amp

600wrms subs

stock wiring

and 4 guage for amp + n amp earthing

please help cause its quite embrassing, to drive esp at night with pulsing headlights

any help would be appreciated

thanks

How thick is the neg run off your battery to chassis. If you have 4awg left use that and make another earth from battery to chassis.

yeah...i just got the stock wiring from factory...its pretty small so...imma guessing its 8gauge at the max

though ive also seen that i i have a missing fuse that assoicate with my headlight main for 40amp?

will that have a factor...because i brought it 2nd hand

Defiantly look at getting another wire from the battery to the chassis.

If you need a battery, go optima yellow top (pricey but good) or a 1 fared Capacitor (any good brand:: Rockford, Response)

yeah i was hoping not to go for a deep cycle battery as i have a 600cca battery already, and ive heard all bad news about capacitors

i might consider upgrading the erth cables to 4 gauge for both the battery neg to chassic and to engine block

would an earth strap do much?

and what are you running in ur car that doesnt cause dimming (minus deep cylce battery and cap)

and SIR NED: wat relay are you talking about?

yeah just an update....got 4 gauge wire today and hooked it up from the battery to the chassis (strut tower)....did nothing

really need help guys

also...is the child anchor point in the boot(hatchback) a wise point for a ground

any info is appreciated

cheers guys

yeah just an update....got 4 gauge wire today and hooked it up from the battery to the chassis (strut tower)....did nothing

really need help guys

also...is the child anchor point in the boot(hatchback) a wise point for a ground

Sorry if this seems stupid, but did you make sure you sanded the contact point down to the bare metal past all the paint/primer etc. A good solid connection is required to make it do it's job.

As for the child restraint point, so long as that section is welded solidly to the rest of the car body it will be sufficient as a ground point.

hey man

yeah i did sanded back of of my ground points to shiny bare metal...i dont know if the child anchor restraint is a good ground or not...does anyone know how to test it with a multimeter?

note: my battery is in the engine bay

will consider changing my battery terminals and cleaning the originals first though

• 1 month later...

hey man

yeah i did sanded back of of my ground points to shiny bare metal...i dont know if the child anchor restraint is a good ground or not...does anyone know how to test it with a multimeter?

note: my battery is in the engine bay

will consider changing my battery terminals and cleaning the originals first though

Hi,

firstly i am very new to this forum,

Im not sure if this is going to help however, i have a Corolla 2002 hatch zze122r 1zzfe

im currently running the

Pioneer 308D4SB 12" Sub 400rms

Pioneer Amplifier GM-6400F

I have 3 child anchors in my boot 1 for each seat, im using the far left one and it has been a great connection for me,

My positive is ran through the grommet near the firewall and directly to the battery.

Try the child anchor, also clean the terminals and make sure everything is on tight, amp connections too.

Im sorry if this post didnt help

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately a small amount of dimming is acceptable due to the nature of the electrical systems in the car I believe.

If you have some spare cable lying around (borrow of someone?), try running a

New earthing cable from alternator to chasis

New earthing cable from engine to chasis

New positive wire from alternator to battery, I think last time I checked it was a decent size (4ga?) so I didn't do that.

Also I ran a 2ga cable from the battery to a distribution block in the boot and then 4ga to the amps.

Want to avoid voltage drop across the wires by decreasing the resistance (i.e. larger cable)

What type of class is your amp? A/B? D? These will then affect your efficiency, if its not D then I recommend something larger then the current 4ga you have connected to it.

Trying look for into on http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/, thats where I've learnt most of my car audio knowledge (also wiring up my 2003 corolla).

Thai

Unfortunately a small amount of dimming is acceptable due to the nature of the electrical systems in the car I believe.

If you have some spare cable lying around (borrow of someone?), try running a

New earthing cable from alternator to chasis

New earthing cable from engine to chasis

New positive wire from alternator to battery, I think last time I checked it was a decent size (4ga?) so I didn't do that.

Also I ran a 2ga cable from the battery to a distribution block in the boot and then 4ga to the amps.

Want to avoid voltage drop across the wires by decreasing the resistance (i.e. larger cable)

What type of class is your amp? A/B? D? These will then affect your efficiency, if its not D then I recommend something larger then the current 4ga you have connected to it.

Trying look for into on http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/, thats where I've learnt most of my car audio knowledge (also wiring up my 2003 corolla).

Thai

Try just paralleling a battery jumper lead and see what difference it makes (whilst stationary of course) If it works, replace the cable with large cable. If not, at least you have ruled that step out.

Cheers Tom

thanks guys

imma gonna try and upgrade the alt etc wire to 4gauge etc

yeah i used the far right hand child achor point

i'll try the far left hand anchor point to see...

yeah my amp is a class d mono block

also..

will a light relay work or a voltage stablizer work?

also...my lights dims when i press my power windows button lol