Sub securing

nicka99

ive got mine secured down with velcro in the boot... just need the "non furry" side of the velcro underneath the box, and it grips very well on the boot matt.

amps are located under passenger and driver seats.. :)

Jockey strap tied down to the body of the car above the wheel arch (hole cut in side carpet for strap to stick through). Doesn't even move... even on mountain runs.

yerpp im the same, i used the widest strongest grip velcro i could find. my VIBE Sub has carpet on the enclosure so just stuck the velcro back to back and it has never moved a MM. LOl ask paradigm what happens when you leave your sub to float about in your boot :P

As for the amps i have my bolted to board cut the shape of the back of the boot, covered in carpet to match the rest of the boot. have a look at my gallery for some images.

Lucky you guys had success with velcro. With mine, even with velcro covering most of the underside, it still managed to move and even pull the carpet with it.

Lucky you guys had success with velcro. With mine, even with velcro covering most of the underside, it still managed to move and even pull the carpet with it.

ive acctually had to blank off parts of my velcro with electrical tape as it was pretty much impossible to move out of the way with all velcro contacting the matt... the sub box i have also wedges nicely under the frame in the boot so its very secure.

Whoa really lol? :S well i also velcro'd the carpet to the board and the amp rack sits on it firmly too so it can't move tooo far at all. You have to give the sub a fair old yank and really reef on it to make it budge when your trying to get the damm thing out. love it!

I don't actually use anything to hold mine down, the box sits firmly on the carpet and doesn't move even in decently earnest cornering, and the amp is wedged between the box and the back seats.

Then again, I do have a ported twin 12" box, so it has a lot of weight and a lot of surface area to increase friction, and if I'm going to do really serious chucking into corners then I'll probably take the box out anyway to help with weight.

ive got mine secured down with velcro in the boot... just need the "non furry" side of the velcro underneath the box, and it grips very well on the boot matt.

Alright I need to see your car's boot Davo! Where and when do you Perth Aurion owners meet up? I was thinking of getting one next year!

Cheers

Davo aka DeafDave76 lol

Alright I need to see your car's boot Davo! Where and when do you Perth Aurion owners meet up? I was thinking of getting one next year!

Cheers

Davo aka DeafDave76 lol

hey mate

couple of us will probably be meeting in the next fortnight or something for a photoshoot.. if you like, pm me your mob number and i can keep you in the loop?

heres a photo i took of my boot a while back thou...

4759535263_c99a976baa_b.jpg

IMG_5614 by DavidChaiPhotography, on Flickr

Dave

Edited by -DAvo

Here is a couple of my set up,the sub box is behind the amp board and is mounted with metal straps and tek screws to the car and the amps are mounted to a seperate board and then the custom facia to hide all the wiring...and i can still access the spare.

rw2x6q.jpg

2yybh9e.jpg

the sub faces thru the ski hatch hole,open for thumping,closed for cruising. :D

Wow that is a pretty tidy install, very nice. i have Rockford Fosgate too so i can appreciate the $$$ hanging off that board too! Good work