engine noise on startup

taffy

hi wonder if anyone can help me?

i have zr6,i get a noise from the engine bay on start up from gearbox side of engine its a metalic noise ,that last same amount of time when it makes a noise , it usually happens an hour after i turn engine off and start it again

is it the vvti controllers?????

anyone have any ideas please

Edited by taffy

i have zr6,i get a noise from the engine bay on start up from gearbox side of engine its a metalic noise ,that last same amount of time when it makes a noise , it usually happens an hour after i turn engine off and start it again

hi everyone just for the record it was the vvti controller luckily i paid for extended warranty, in the dealers now will let you know how long it takes

hi everyone just for the record it was the vvti controller luckily i paid for extended warranty, in the dealers now will let you know how long it takes

Please keep us updated, and exactly what you said to the dealer to get the vvti controller replaced.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Please keep us updated, and exactly what you said to the dealer to get the vvti controller replaced.

I think you will need them to replicate this one. I can't imagine them changing it for you if they can't see there being a problem. It's not a simple job.

I think you will need them to replicate this one. I can't imagine them changing it for you if they can't see there being a problem. It's not a simple job.

engine and gearbox all ready dropped luckly when i took it in to them they started it up and it sounded like marbles in a coke can

engine and gearbox all ready dropped luckly when i took it in to them they started it up and it sounded like marbles in a coke can

got my car back on friday and made alot of difference engine sounds and runs so smooth very happy

• 1 month later...

A bit revival of an old topic

I notice some sort of clicking sound when you start an engine. It sounds exactly like when your car couldn't start when the battery's dead. But in my case, the engine is able to start.

It only happens when the engine is completely cool and on 1st ignition. I tried turning it off, restarted it, the noise is gone. Should I be worried.. :unsure:

Same here. However it doesnt happen on every 1st start. It might be VVTI thingy.

it was very quiet at the begining but became loud would drown out the sound of the engine starting but was very intermitant and would only do it after the engine had been off for couple of hours

• 3 months later...

check front engine mount, I have same problem with my 2010 model Aurion. I was told that front engine mount is malfunctioning and causes this noise at startup

Edited by Hunter41k