meguiars g220 dual action polisher

dutchie101

Heya detail buffs :rolleyes:

Where is the best place to get a G220? Looking at getting one but no one seems to have stock? any recommendations on good stores for pads etc?

HeeeeellllPP!

+1 to this - I'd love to own one! Although they now have a Version 2 out in the states, so I'm not sure if its hit here yet or not. Have been thinking of e-mailing/calling the Victorian Meguiars rep.

Or does anyone know if there'd be a way to use the American version with some kind of adaptor for the voltage??

Where is the best place to get a G220? Looking at getting one but no one seems to have stock? any recommendations on good stores for pads etc?

HeeeeellllPP!

I purchased mine direct from Meguiars Australia. They are also available through ZAS Car Detailing Products. Not sure what stock is like for either of them.

Pads can be purchased through ZAS as well, but with the high AUD at the moment you could try Proper Auto Care in the US. I bought a number of products from them last year and it worked out much cheaper than getting it locally. Auto Detailing Solutions is the cheapest US site I was able to find but they don't ship internationally. I was able to negotiate with Proper Auto Care did match some of Auto Detailing Solutions prices and offered a partial discount on others.

I also found some on MotorActive.com which was through Meqguires Australia $59.00 including postage within australia, i think thats pretty reasonable??

HeeeeellllPP!

I purchased mine direct from Meguiars Australia. They are also available through ZAS Car Detailing Products. Not sure what stock is like for either of them.

Pads can be purchased through ZAS as well, but with the high AUD at the moment you could try Proper Auto Care in the US. I bought a number of products from them last year and it worked out much cheaper than getting it locally. Auto Detailing Solutions is the cheapest US site I was able to find but they don't ship internationally. I was able to negotiate with Proper Auto Care did match some of Auto Detailing Solutions prices and offered a partial discount on others.

Got an email back from Meguires this morning:

Good Morning Peter,

Unfortunately, there is currently no G220 DA polishers available in Australia.

We are no longer importing a DA polisher of any kind.

Should you have any enquiries, please contact me at the below.

Regards

Amy Wellington

Customer Service/Admin Assistant

MotorActive

Wow, that sucks.

Damn that sucks - I'm trying to remember the name of the bloke who sourced the Meg's brushes/bag for me in Victoria. Best of luck getting it from England Dutchie!

Email received when i asked why no more DA G220's?

" The U.S.A have increased our buy price by 30%, which when shipping was added it would up the price by another $100. For what the G220 is we felt that at $399.00 it was not value for money for our customers.

Super Cheap Auto, Autobarn and even Bunnings often have Dual Action Polishers at a good price.

Thanks

Technical Support & Customer Service "

Well that's understandable but disappointing nevertheless - we really do miss out on a lot of good things here in Oz.. Is the one you got from England the right voltage?? I have been thinking of importing one from the US but just worried about how would I use it, given its 110 volts.

I was sick of not being able to get the Megs one a while ago so gave up and got something pretty much identical:

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/ro_polisher_das6

Does the job nicely, well build and firm in hand. Works exactly the same as the Megs one.

I got a pack of Festool pads to go with it as well. Use all the same methods and liquids as the Megs one.

depending on when you need it by, i may be selling my g220... moving onto rotary so wont have much need for my DA...

if not, try search for a PORTA CABLE... apparently the meg's is based off this DA polisher...

depending on when you need it by, i may be selling my g220... moving onto rotary so wont have much need for my DA...

if not, try search for a PORTA CABLE... apparently the meg's is based off this DA polisher...

Well I'm in no major hurry so please keep me in mind if you do decide to sell :) I'm primarily looking at something that is basic enough for me to use but is going to apply more pressure, the main thing I have in mind is addressing swirl marks, I just can't seem to get them out with elbow grease alone..

Thanks for the suggestion on Porta Cable, I have heard that mentioned so will give it a look, and thanks for that link too Mole, I will keep that in mind :)

Keep me in mind mate :P