Help, How to wire headlight's with ignition?

iVaz

Hey All,

Just a quick one here, was just wondering, which wire's do I wire, to turn headlights off, when the ignition key is taken out or placed on ACC.

Example, would be at night time, if I really (i know it's lazy) need to get outta there, and just take the key's out the headlights turn off, without the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep noise.

Hey All,

Just a quick one here, was just wondering, which wire's do I wire, to turn headlights off, when the ignition key is taken out or placed on ACC.

Example, would be at night time, if I really (i know it's lazy) need to get outta there, and just take the key's out the headlights turn off, without the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep noise.

It's not as simple as just "wiring something up", the conditions for auto-shutoff of headlights requires some sort of logic control (as you need to be able to turn headlights on regardless of ignition key position, same with the hazards). Cars which run auto-shutoff when you open the driver's door run a Body Control Module (BCM) or similar which controls the power door locks etc, and there is logic control inside that module to detect that the ignition key has been turned off and the driver's door opened, but will allow the lights to be turned back on if the headlight switch is cycled to off and back on again, even if the key is out of the ignition and/or the door is open.

The other option is to set up your own latch relays which are triggered by certain conditions but reset automatically after being triggered. Either way, it's not a simple task.

In all seriousness, the buzzer is there for a reason, and if you're too lazy to turn the lights off then I'm amazed that you can even find the effort to pull the keys from the ignition and open the door. Be thankful you don't drive an older car with no sort of buzzer or auto-off switch - the lights could be turned on at any time and only turned off when you flicked the switch or your battery was drained.

Hey All,

In all seriousness, the buzzer is there for a reason, and if you're too lazy to turn the lights off then I'm amazed that you can even find the effort to pull the keys from the ignition and open the door. Be thankful you don't drive an older car with no sort of buzzer or auto-off switch - the lights could be turned on at any time and only turned off when you flicked the switch or your battery was drained.

I guess you have a point, just that, I sat in my mates 07 RX Impreza, and kinda got jealous that he has such a feature :(

But oh well, thanks man :)

I guess you have a point, just that, I sat in my mates 07 RX Impreza, and kinda got jealous that he has such a feature :(

So now wouldn't be the time to mention that both my parent's 96 Camry CSi and my '97 Corolla Conquest have the feature too? :P

'97 Corolla Conquest have the feature too? :P

WTF, how come? I have a 07 Corolla ZRE without that feature? Did I get ripped off? cheated? or something??? I feel like I'm missing a lot now...

My old man's '01 Camry CSI also has this feature. I've always thought it was a neat and useful feature. But it seems Toyota has decided not to include this in all it's offerings these days.