Interior Falling apart!

MAT666

Hey,

Has anyone else's passenger side curtain airbag pillar come off? I cant seem to get it back on and Toyota say they wont fix it as it could impede on the proper working of the airbag in an emergency...

Ive already gotten Toyota to try and fix the dash and centre console creaks, which they said they did, but wasnt much better at all. In fact my whole centre console can be moved side to side a fair way...

Its under dealers warranty still with Southside Toyota Brisbane. Should I blow up at them and demand these be fixed?

Hey,

Has anyone else's passenger side curtain airbag pillar come off? I cant seem to get it back on and Toyota say they wont fix it as it could impede on the proper working of the airbag in an emergency...

Ive already gotten Toyota to try and fix the dash and centre console creaks, which they said they did, but wasnt much better at all. In fact my whole centre console can be moved side to side a fair way...

Its under dealers warranty still with Southside Toyota Brisbane. Should I blow up at them and demand these be fixed?

Wouldn't the pillar coming off impede the proper working of it in an emergency?

Definitely don't take no for an answer, unless they can confidently say that it's "meant to be like this" (which it isn't) then they should fix it as it's still under warranty.

Wouldn't the pillar coming off impede the proper working of it in an emergency?

I would imagine it would have no effect on it's operation in an emergency. The pillar cover pops off about an inch or two pivoting from the base when the curtain air bag is deployed.

The grey plastic trim is primarily held in place with the rubber trim near the door and due to the shape of the trim itself. If it's not held in like a normal a-pillar trim, then if they can't get it to sit in place, they should remove the trim and replace it with a new one.