How Can I Connect My IPod in My Presara

samanthamjb

Hi Everyone! I am just wondering if there's any possible I can connect iPod or even MP3 player into my Presara Audio.. I tried to browse and read the Users Manual but I ended up nothing.. My Presara bought Dec. year 2008, so I assume it's 2008 Model Presara. Please help. Cheers from Mackay, QLD

post-21821-0-90670100-1289213984_thumb.j

post-21821-0-89043100-1289214059_thumb.j

Edited by samanthamjb

Being sidetracked, I think the FAQ needs an update because questions like this seem to be asked quite a lot. Hence the name FAQ's. Anyways, in the meantime, I will answer the question from compiling answers obtained from other threads.

Having the Presara, I would presume you have the Navigation head unit. If that's the case, the AUX mod that has been shown in the following thread does not work with that head unit (tested with thanks to Steven)

AUX input mod

Well no luck. Final test with multimeter shows wires are exactly where they should be, and don't short against anything either (nor each other).

Using both kinds of resistors grounded to the headunit cage (which multimeter shows to have virtually no resistance between itself a a metal part of the car, hence a good ground) I cannot get any AUX mode to show up by pressing either the Mode button on the steering wheel, or the CD button on the unit itself.

okay guys, good news and bad news.

The good news is that I found the PCB connectors for the missing 6 pin plug - exactly where they should be. I was even able to solder wires to the PCB pads, and all test okay with a multimeter.

The bad news, still no AUX. It might have been disabled inside the units firmware is my only guess at this point.

I took plenty of pics, and will upload them after I've got everything back together - as a means to try and get better access to the PCB I disassembled a fair bit of the unit - only to find that the access I needed would probably be the last thing I would get, hence I just soldered it through the small hole I had. It worked, kinda.

Haven't heard back from Fugitsu yet - even if I were, I think it's a little too early yet.

Pictures included show the pads, where I've soldered on - how the wire looks hanging out the back... and a little something I changed just to make it feel my time.

Now to make the rest of everything match it, but that's for another thread.

This then leaves you with either the option to buy an aftermarket iPod interface, or an aftermarket head unit, both of which can be found by searching the forum and deciding from there what would be the most economical.

The cheapest option also turns out to be the crappiest option as well. FM Modulation is one of the worst ways you can input an auxiliary source into your stereo.

Some people probably won't notice the difference, but with the half decent speakers in the Aurion, losses in clarity are fairly noticeable.