aurion blue light illumination kit

Trd10

G Day

Can someone pls advise if installing genuine Toyota interior (blue light illumination kit ) set of 4 . they are to turn on when you open the door and turn off after 5 to 10 seconds

Model 2010 Toyota presara

Maybe this could be of some help?

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28982&st=0&p=408443&hl=dome&fromsearch=1entry408443

G Day

Can someone pls advise if installing genuine Toyota interior (blue light illumination kit ) set of 4 . they are to turn on when you open the door and turn off after 5 to 10 seconds

Model 2010 Toyota presara

Maybe this could be of some help?

http://au.toyotaowne...=1

I have a 2010 Presara (Sept build). I also have the genuine interior footwell ilumination kit installed by the dealer.

They are a set of 4 blue LED's which light up the footwell. They are not linked to the light sensor, so they still come on even if it's daylight.

As you approach the vehicle when its dark, these LED lights automatically turn on, together with the dome light. None of these light blink on and off, rather, they turn on softly and turn off softly i.e. dims up to full intensity and then dims down to off.

They are really nice, and give a classy blue hue to the footwell at night, which makes it really cool.

They turn off after about 10 seconds once the last door has been closed. They automatically come on when you turn the engine off at night at your destination.

As for installing the interior illumination kit, I got my dealer to install it because I just couldn't be bothered with tinkering around with it and potentially messing up other stuff.

Edited by Beep Beep

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly off topic but i was wondering what people have been quoted by Toyota Dealers to have the lights installed.

I was advised $150 for the lights and max 1hr30min to install, add a cost of $100 for labor pr hr. This is actually standard hrly rate for any mechanic in Canberra (obviously where I live).

So max $300 for the lot.

I bought mine off ebay from china for $7.70 delivered and I will install them myself using the posts on this forum which are very easy to follow :yahoo:

g day

for what its worth i just got them installed is cost aud196 and they spent 3hrs and the correct way to connect is behind the head unit no wires were cut every thing clips on to each other i must say in the dark it look perfect as for day you can see much

g day

for what its worth i just got them installed is cost aud196 and they spent 3hrs and the correct way to connect is behind the head unit no wires were cut every thing clips on to each other i must say in the dark it look perfect as for day you can see much

Umm.... they shouldn't come on during the day. Mine were installed in such a way that they only came on if it's dark enough for park/fog lights to come on automatically.............

Edited by Beep Beep

• 3 months later...

hi

thats correct i have that option when i select auto light mode i also have the option of setting on door mode so as you walk to the car it turns on

i must say these look real good and worth the $$$

I have this kit installed yesterday. I was charged $140 for the kit and $75 for the labor. They probably found the way to install it quicker than before.

My ones are switching on any time I open the door.

How do you switch between "auto light mode" and "door mode"?

All up blu illumination n front scuff plates cost me 539.50 at me toy dealer.

I saved up and i'm happy with the result.

I figure i've got comeback if something go's wrong and receipts come in handy

Finally got mine installed - $175 for installation. Mine also come on at all times when the car is unlocked / locked and car turned off. Even in daylight. As I bought the lights from a TOCAU member I saw the kit before installation and it is hooked up to the dome light, so it acts based on the setting of the dome light - or atleast it very much appears that way.

Now just to get a blue led for the dome light and it will be perfect :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone post some pics of their lights and mounting? I'm thinking of using the blue LEDs from jaycar for $30 (each) or ebay for about $40 delivered (set of four)each and hooking it up to the wire from where the light in the door enters the cabin. Has anyone considered it?