Delayed headlight swtich off

Vijith555

I hope this question has not been answered before but I did try doing a search but got no hits. Here it goes. On my Gen 4 camry I used to have an option where I can have my headlights to work for a certain period of time between 0-60 seconds (adjustable) after having the ignition turned off and door opened. Its called courtesy lights if I am not wrong. Very useful in the night when you park in a dark car port or street and walk up to a place. The car keeps the headlights shining for you and turn off when the set time reaches. I have tried reading the Aurion's manual but didnt find how to set this feature up.

My question is, do we get this feature on Aurions or has it been discontinued by Toyota? Appreciate it you guys could tell me what you know.

Cheers :)

I hope this question has not been answered before but I did try doing a search but got no hits. Here it goes. On my Gen 4 camry I used to have an option where I can have my headlights to work for a certain period of time between 0-60 seconds (adjustable) after having the ignition turned off and door opened. Its called courtesy lights if I am not wrong. Very useful in the night when you park in a dark car port or street and walk up to a place. The car keeps the headlights shining for you and turn off when the set time reaches. I have tried reading the Aurion's manual but didnt find how to set this feature up.

My question is, do we get this feature on Aurions or has it been discontinued by Toyota? Appreciate it you guys could tell me what you know.

hey mate :)

No Aurion also has this feature however and unfortunately unless you a Toyota IT handy you can do it yourself :( it's hidden away in the computer along with other things such as how dark or light it is before your Auto on headlamp come on. So you can have this feature turned on and from memory 15sec 30sec 45 sec or a minute. Mention it next time you get your Aurion serviced and I’m sure they can fix that up for you :)

No Aurion also has this feature however and unfortunately unless you a Toyota IT handy you can do it yourself :( it's hidden away in the computer along with other things such as how dark or light it is before your Auto on headlamp come on. So you can have this feature turned on and from memory 15sec 30sec 45 sec or a minute. Mention it next time you get your Aurion serviced and I'm sure they can fix that up for you :)

Thats what I thought so when I had a read throught the manual and found nothing about it...oh well atleast there is lots more to play with this car so im happy..will surely mention it to Toyota the next time im taking her to service :)..hopefully i find an IT guy at Toyota who knows the secret codes :P..

Cheers mate :)

No Aurion also has this feature however and unfortunately unless you a Toyota IT handy you can do it yourself :( it's hidden away in the computer along with other things such as how dark or light it is before your Auto on headlamp come on. So you can have this feature turned on and from memory 15sec 30sec 45 sec or a minute. Mention it next time you get your Aurion serviced and I'm sure they can fix that up for you :)

Thats what I thought so when I had a read throught the manual and found nothing about it...oh well atleast there is lots more to play with this car so im happy..will surely mention it to Toyota the next time im taking her to service :)..hopefully i find an IT guy at Toyota who knows the secret codes :P..

Cheers mate :)

If you do find it could you let me know. According to my local Toyota dealer it doesn't exist (on my pre facelift 09, anyway.)

Cheers Tom

If you do find it could you let me know. According to my local Toyota dealer it doesn't exist (on my pre facelift 09, anyway.)

Cheers Tom

Yup will let you know if i do get to know about it. But im pretty sure they are going to turn back at me and say it doesnt exist because they wouldnt bother trying. Should check with people who have Aurions in other countries too.

Edited by Vijith555

Cheers Tom

Yup will let you know if i do get to know about it. But im pretty sure they are going to turn back at me and say it doesnt exist because they wouldnt bother trying. Should check with people who have Aurions in other countries too.

Lol it's there but it's just one of those things where you just have to hope you get somebody who is pretty handy with the I.T, not many techs ever get the chance to plug one into a car and go through all the folders headings and sub menu's to find all these little things.

Anyway see how you go fella’s.

now I'm a major noob when it comes to electric, but can't you install a delay relay switch or something? I think chicken on the forums here did something similar to his set up... (if I've given wrong info please accept my apologies) :P

Let me know how you go..

Someone asked me a similar question about the Gen 6 - 40 Series Camry.

My response was to ask the Dealer the next time you get the car serviced.

Cheers Tom

Yup will let you know if i do get to know about it. But I'm pretty sure they are going to turn back at me and say it doesnt exist because they wouldnt bother trying. Should check with people who have Aurions in other countries too.

Aurions are Australian re badged 6 cylinder Camrys. The computer setup is different overseas and have features we don't. Like self locking at certain speeds. Its a pity about the delayed off headlights tho. I had it on my previous car, a VS Calais which was fifteen years old. So much for progress/regress,

Cheers Tom

pps I may be wrong, DJ said in chicken's mod "I can activate this feature on my Aurion through the ECU"

now I'm a major noob when it comes to electric, but can't you install a delay relay switch or something? I think chicken on the forums here did something similar to his set up... (if I've given wrong info please accept my apologies) :P

yeah for my corolla i used a ebay hid relay harness and fitted a time delay relay: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24506

a simple design but too simple, you can't turn the delay off on demand.

there is a autoheadlight kit with delay off but the aurion already has most of its features:

http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/products_page2_62_64.html

yeah for my corolla i used a ebay hid relay harness and fitted a time delay relay: http://au.toyotaowne...showtopic=24506

a simple design but too simple, you can't turn the delay off on demand.

there is a autoheadlight kit with delay off but the aurion already has most of its features:

http://www.visionsec...age2_62_64.html

Thats some good info you got there Chicken..would look into these..cheers :)