LIFT isnt working once again ==" helppppp!

hey guys got an issue with my lift working in my corolla sportivo 05. When i reach 7000rpm it back fires and wont go no more. Taken it back to le mans twice now and they've managed to fix it but keeps on happening after a few weeks or months. Mechanic says that their is dirt in the lift valve or something like that, which is causing it to malfunction. I'm pretty sure that they've flushed it out with engine oil already. Please tell me what are the possibilities that are causing it to malfunction. ZZZzz got to take it back to them again for the third time ==". Much help is appreciated.

Thanks will.

hey guys got an issue with my lift working in my corolla sportivo 05. When i reach 7000rpm it back fires and wont go no more. Taken it back to le mans twice now and they've managed to fix it but keeps on happening after a few weeks or months. Mechanic says that their is dirt in the lift valve or something like that, which is causing it to malfunction. I'm pretty sure that they've flushed it out with engine oil already. Please tell me what are the possibilities that are causing it to malfunction. ZZZzz got to take it back to them again for the third time ==". Much help is appreciated.

Thanks will.

is your engine warm while trying to hit lift? lift wont kick in if your engine is still cold.

what sort of service history has your car had? If it's gone for extended periods without oil and filter changes then it's likely to have gummed up oil passages etc. If it does then if the solenoid is cleaned it will just get clogged back up over time. Easiest way to check the real service history of an engine is to pull the cam cover off and inspect the top end. If it looks like clean silver alloy everywhere then it's had regular oil changes, if it'd dark or black with build-up everywhere then it's not had many oil changes.

I've checked a few 100,000km+ engines with known-good service history and they've looked brand new under the covers. I've also seen a lot that are completly gummed up from lack of service.

On second thoughts, did you let it warm up while parked? Because once i had it in the drive way warming up for about 5 minutes, went out on the street and it wouldnt go over 7000 rpm. I think you may need to drive around abit to get things properly moving around.

I assume 'le mans' isn't a Toyota dealership? If it isn't, take it to Toyota to look at it. There can be any number of things preventing it from going into lift. Is there an engine light on?

Check for low oil pressure/faulty oil pressure sensor. Oil light should be on in this case.

Check the two oil filters in the head, located at both the VVT and VVL switch.

Clean/repalce the VVL switch.

what sort of service history has your car had? If it's gone for extended periods without oil and filter changes then it's likely to have gummed up oil passages etc. If it does then if the solenoid is cleaned it will just get clogged back up over time. Easiest way to check the real service history of an engine is to pull the cam cover off and inspect the top end. If it looks like clean silver alloy everywhere then it's had regular oil changes, if it'd dark or black with build-up everywhere then it's not had many oil changes.

I've checked a few 100,000km+ engines with known-good service history and they've looked brand new under the covers. I've also seen a lot that are completly gummed up from lack of service.

speaking of gum build up, we get cars all the time with sludge build up even with 60k on the clock, with regular service, then we get some with 100k plus and its clean as a whistle with regular service, i still find it abit weird..

i kinda imagine " the customer probably still does the 15k/12months thing, but the motor just runs and runs city driving causing sludge, only reaching low km and service every 1year "

then, u get the " highway drivers that do low rpm, but long distance, reaching their service interval sooner "

ie im talking about commo

does this make sense?