Toyota extended warranty terms/conditions.

Newbie question here.

Is extended warranty the same as the standard 3 yr/100,000km warranty in terms of coverage? Is this extended warranty trasferable to new owner when the car is sold?

Rolla boy is correct as from looking at the extended warrenty that they threw in with my car it only covered major items like engine/gearbox etc non of the minor stuff

Rolla boy is correct as from looking at the extended warrenty that they threw in with my car it only covered major items like engine/gearbox etc non of the minor stuff

How about the part about it being transferable?

or u could read through all that fine print that they give u ......

I don't have the details yet as I've yet to receive the car and the documentations. But will have a read through once I get it either today or tomorrow. Hell I don't even know which Toyota dealer it is. All I got is the seller's word for it that he has extended warranty. Just thought you guys might know about how these things usually works.

From previous experience, I can confirm that you can transfer the extended warranty over to another buyer. However, this is not assumed, there is paperwork to fill out to make it happen.

You're right Buddha. Had a read of the Extended Warranty fineprints and it is transferable (only ONCE!) and it will cost me $50 to do it. I guess I'll go for it as it is good until 2008 or 100,000kms (currently only at 20,000kms).

when we bought my Camry, we asked about the extended warrenty option. and the salesperson said dont bother since it was a waste of money. :rolleyes:

the regular 3yr/100,000km warrenty (well 5yrs for the Camry) is a factory warrenty, thats the one you want, covers most of the stuff :D

however, the extend warrenty option, is a dealer warrenty, not a factory warrenty....

you are limited to what you can claim, and limited to an amount you can claim per year.

so doing the calculations, unless you are claiming stuff every year, then your probably better off not getting it :lol:

the salesperson said its just a way for the dealership to make money :P

but your best bet, would be to ask the dealership and look over the terms and conditions etc.