Can you fit 17" mag in boot of sportivo

Hodgie

Sorry in advance if this has been discussed. My 2004 sportivo got wrecked on friday night and i'm getting a new one. looking to put 17 x 7 rims with 215 45 r17 on and get five of them.

Question is will this fit in the spare tyre well in the boot of the 2005 sportivo?? Only had the stock rims on my last car and have never come across this!

Thanks for any help!

PS stay tuned for pic of crash ;)

Sorry in advance if this has been discussed.  My 2004 sportivo got wrecked on friday night and i'm getting a new one.  looking to put 17 x 7 rims with 215 45 r17 on and get five of them. 

Question is will this fit in the spare tyre well in the boot of the 2005 sportivo??  Only had the stock rims on my last car and have never come across this!

Thanks for any help!

PS stay tuned for pic of crash ;)

sorry to hear about your loss... but at least you get a new one!!!! :D

If it's like the '03-'04 model the spare wheel space is quite deep so a spare 17" mag should fit provided you have a similar, or lower olling diameter. The biggest consern would be the small overlap with the boot line, I'm not sure how much space there is to play with there.

It may be better to go for 205/45r17 or 215/40r17 too as they are less likely to srub.

Well using thinking about this from the perspective of circumfrence i would say yes it would fit as ur stock tyre and the new set are almost the same size in that regard i.e. all uve done is made the rubber smaller so u can add more rim and u need to get the size as close as possible so as to not put ur speedo at so that side of things looks ok.... My only concern would be the width of the tyre i dont know if that is now going to cause for you to not be able to put that material down without it sticking out..... That being said though on top of the standard tyre is a foaming thing which from memory is larger than an inch i believe so u might be right.

Or simply just try it ;) ;) ;) ;)

• 1 month later...