Front squeek on launch

httttt

On 2 ot ouf 5 launch or rolling launches I am getting a long squeak (1 to 5 seconds varying) coming form my front passenger side wheel. It is noticeable inside the cabin but I have diagnosed it down to that wheel by I know this because I heard it and had my wife while I walked next to the car.walking next to the car while my wife drives.

The sqeel is much more high pitch than wear indicator squeel.

It also intermittently will do it while driving around 40-50 kph.

My brakes do need replacing very soon, but the noise never happens while my foot is on the brakes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It may quite possibly be your brakes. As brakes get close to the end of their life, they have a tendency to be a bit more noisy. Having the noise go away when lightly applying the brakes is not uncommon in cases like that. I've had that happen to me before on more than one occasion. Having partial warping of the discs as well can emphasise this.

Maybe check the disc for any scoring there may be something caught in there or may be the wheel bearing is on its way out, just something to think about not sure what else to suggest except have it looked at by a mechanic.

Cheers

Peter

Sticky caliper slide perhaps? Caliper doesn't properly slide back away from disc after application, thus still leaving pad in partial contact thus giving squeak, but after enough spinning of the wheel the pad and caliper is forced back, stopping the noise.

Would explain the intermittency as well, and why you don't hear it when the brakes are applied