Suggestions on Fitment!

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering, I own an 03 Corolla Sportivo and I been hunting around on different types of rims to get once my coilovers arrive.

I want to go for Meshies or some sort of Old School style rims like SSR Formula Mesh's (Extremely difficult to find), either those or Axis OG San's which is pretty much the same design.

Although, I'm struggling on fitment and size. I know the stock rims on my corolla are around 16x6 4x100 with a +42 offset (I think) **puts on flame suit**

And, most of these old school rims come in at around 15x7 or 8ish (mostly because you'd find these things coming off KE70's or Hachi's), the ones I'm currently looking at are around 15x8, +25

Also, exactly how wide would too wide be, were I'd have to flare the fenders? **gets the phone books and heat gun out**

I don't know, whats worked for you guys and girls?

Gorgz

I run the OG AXIS wheels on my car, although AE92. You'll definitely need guard work. My stock wheels are 14 x 5.5 +39 and I've gone to 15 x 8 +25, something like 2.5inch wider and 14mm less offset. Without camber, they would stick out about an inch all 'round. So you'll need about 2 degrees of negative camber.

I would suggest to not go smaller than OEM specifications, if you really want them wheels. Look for something 16 x 8 or 9 inch wide. 15 on a Sportivo would look way too small and hell you'd probably foul on you brakes or suspension, moreso when you turn.

I run the OG AXIS wheels on my car, although AE92. You'll definitely need guard work. My stock wheels are 14 x 5.5 +39 and I've gone to 15 x 8 +25, something like 2.5inch wider and 14mm less offset. Without camber, they would stick out about an inch all 'round. So you'll need about 2 degrees of negative camber.

I would suggest to not go smaller than OEM specifications, if you really want them wheels. Look for something 16 x 8 or 9 inch wide. 15 on a Sportivo would look way too small and hell you'd probably foul on you brakes or suspension, moreso when you turn.

Awesome, thanks man. I'll keep that in mind, 16" are pretty hard to find though, but yeah might have to go 17's nothing bigger than that though I reckon.

I'd like to do it without camber basically because camber arms cost a truck load, but it might be an option too

I'll keep everyone posted either way, just hope its a decent fitment when I finally do get them.. I think fitment can either make or break a car

• 3 months later...

Although, I'm struggling on fitment and size. I know the stock rims on my corolla are around 16x6 4x100 with a +42 offset

Hey Guys,

I'm going to re-open this thread, I've decided on going for 16x7's however, I'm not 100 percent on the offset which is really annoying.

I pretty much would like them sitting flush with the guards if not close to.

I'm not expecting much feedback to be honest considering the amount of feedback I got last time, but then again, any feedback is always appreciated. I know there's a few people that have similar dimensions. But no one seems to answer PM's <_<

Share any knowledge you have regarding this, coz as you can see I'm quite the noob when it comes to fitment.

Thanks

Standard offset for the Sportivo is +45. I'm running 17x7 with a +40 offset. Needs more "outness" if you want flush...

I was thinking of running that same offset as well, but I knew that it'd need to come out more on the rear wheels.

Spacers? I don't think they're legal though <_<

I don't know, are they?

Pretty hard to get flush on the rear without camber too, I got rolled guards with a tiny bit of flare and sometimes still scrub.

What kind of offset are you sitting on man?

I know I'm going 16x7, so the offset would depend on the width I'm sure, I think stockies are 16x6 from memory, and they have a +45 offset as, Damnfuzz said

my brothers the expert on this stuff, he basically told me that for my car (ZZE) I should be looking for similar stuff to the Miata's (MX5's)

right on that one goz. i think mine green rims a +40 offset so the fronts sit flush with the guards but the rears sit a little bit in the guards more than the fronts. 16x7 is good u'll save coin on the tyres u get ;)

right on that one goz. i think mine green rims a +40 offset so the fronts sit flush with the guards but the rears sit a little bit in the guards more than the fronts. 16x7 is good u'll save coin on the tyres u get ;)

Thanks Duy, The fitment on your car isn't that bad as well.. gives me a rough idea on what I was thinking to get, I want to go 16x8 with +25 offset, but it's hard to find the rims I'm after in that size..

I like old school rims way too much I think..

TOYTRD has great fitment on his, I've seen it a few times.. tried to pm him but he never responded :( lol

Ohh well

Thanks man, Now i just have to do some research on spacers and whether they're legal and which are the best ones so I don't have too much problems

Pretty sure Im running 17x7 +40 with 215/45/r17.

TOYTRD has nice fitment!

Thanks Clifton,

lol he sure does, but he needs to respond to his PM's more often haha! :lol:

TOYTRD I see regualrly on our meets so IF you come u may see him one night haha! He has nice fitment but also scrapes everywhere ;)

Spacers are NOT legal.

+25? Feck, u crazy mofo :lol:

TOYTRD I see regualrly on our meets so IF you come u may see him one night haha! He has nice fitment but also scrapes everywhere ;)

Spacers are NOT legal.

+25? Feck, u crazy mofo :lol:

I'm always so busy :'(

Let me know a night before a meet and I'll make the time to come out.. I just don't want to come rocking without side skirts and what not, car will be in the shop when i get back from overseas though.. I'm so lazy :lol:

+25 on 8" wide should be okay? I think.. and everything is legal.. till you get caught ;) lol

LAWL. Why don't u put it in the shop BEFORE u go overseas so it will b ready when u GET BACK FROM OVERSEAS? :D

If the wheel sticks out from the arch gg for u... how long u can get away without popo catching u? Leave that to how lucky u r :P its a corolla so they wont look twice BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LAWL. Why don't u put it in the shop BEFORE u go overseas so it will b ready when u GET BACK FROM OVERSEAS? :D

If the wheel sticks out from the arch gg for u... how long u can get away without popo catching u? Leave that to how lucky u r :P its a corolla so they wont look twice BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good idea man, I might do that.. thing is, I'll be gone for 10 days so I hope they don't mind me leaving it there for that long lol..

Yeah I know, I'm planning on rolling and/or flaring the guards either way (gets out a heat gun, a jack and some phone books).. about the cops, I don't think they'd care.. but if I happen to get pulled over for speeding or being reckless, I should be fine, they haven't touched Tony in his GTiR yet because he drives sensibly, I'd think the P's were enough for him to get caught but nothing yet.. :lol:

Good idea man, I might do that.. thing is, I'll be gone for 10 days so I hope they don't mind me leaving it there for that long lol..

Yeah I know, I'm planning on rolling and/or flaring the guards either way (gets out a heat gun, a jack and some phone books).. about the cops, I don't think they'd care.. but if I happen to get pulled over for speeding or being reckless, I should be fine, they haven't touched Tony in his GTiR yet because he drives sensibly, I'd think the P's were enough for him to get caught but nothing yet.. :lol:

LOL tony... sensible!? :D it will take more thana few days for them to do it man. have u got a place yet? i reckon go to the place i took my car to for my insurance work. my cuz got his front lip and side skirts painted there (honda EK civic) they did an excellent job. when u going overseas? let me know so i can driv eu back home if u need to after u drop the car off.

and dw, they wont eff u up this time. not after what they did to me last time. i made myself heard and now i'm bringing customers to them so they WILL do it right! Ggg.gif

and dw, they wont eff u up this time. not after what they did to me last time. i made myself heard and now i'm bringing customers to them so they WILL do it right! Ggg.gif

lol! nice, yeah I'll take it there before I leave then, you'll have to send me the details though, it's the one on McIntire rd yeah?

probably won't need lift to the airport though, whole family is going lol.

I think my aunt's already raised her hand for the job, still I don't know how much of a holiday it's going to be with family... and Thailand of all places lol... why can't people get married in Melbourne, none of this fancy Thailand wedding stuff lol, thanks for the offer though

I'm certain on taking my wheels to that place before I leave, they'll ahve a heap of stuff to work on haha! :)

Thanks man